• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT30| Long Live the King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madness

Man I was just patrolling earth, these level 40 were there and like so many Taken things started showing up because of them. Stronger than me too.

So with infuse, you can make any TTK legendary gun max attack eventually? I have a Lvl 36 AR with 200 Atk, and a Lvl 40 AR with 242, but I like the stats on the 200 a lot better. So basically I can infuse it and make it 200+(42 * 0.8) = 233.2, so probably the floor. Hmmmm.... And what would infusing my 242 gun be using 200, nothing?

glad you're enjoying it dude. :)

Thanks! And thanks for your tips. I always just equip the most Light armor/weapons (except to kill the bosses I switched to Ghorn haha) so that my drops can be the highest light possible.

Also, just hit my first 40! With 219 Light. Woot woot

LiK

Just played with two of the dumbest people I've ever run into in matchmaking, attempting the Broken Saber strike for the first.

"one person carry, two people cover" was too much for them to handle in the hallway. I bailed after a dozen or so attempts carrying the relic when they just stood there not covering the shanks. :

Group #2: same thing, same spot. I'll try again tomorrow.

Oh, so that's what was going on. I figured what was happening when playing with Cosmos. We had NAT issues so I simply jumped outta chat but still figured out what had to be done to beat that boss. We should play some strikes together next time.

More thoughts:

-At Level 40, Daily Crucible gives 15 leg marks, that's awesome! Mainly because they didn't give anything when I first started at Level 36.

A couple of things that stinks:
-You should be able to press L2/R2 at the QUESTS screen to move pages, like you can on your Roster/FL
-The Arrow Up on your Guardian screen still blinks when it shouldn't, sigh!

Light level 291.

Ace of spades is boss. Getting a Y2 Suros from the blueprint kiosk tomorrow if Xur doesn't have it.

Also, the hunter sniper, Stillpiercer, is great as well. And, swords.

DjRalford

Does the daily story have matchmaking?

I need to run it before reset after dropping littlun off at school in about and hour and a half.

LiK

Reached level 40 pretty easily. All the work is from getting better gear. Light levels make you actually use guns you wouldn't expect to use and that's pretty cool.

Nightfall was a joke for me.

WAQNZIY.jpg

Raybunny

Tip: If you are looking for Artifacts do the tier 3 CoO. Dropped a few 300 this morning and its easy to do. Plus you get one free from Eris ( one you can even choose) after finishing the CoO quest.

Thanks! Also, do you know what the Light bar means at the bottom of the UI when you're in the tower?

Should be your progress towards you next light level.

HOW do you get a firetam of 6?

you can only be 3..

I have 4 final runes and I have not used them yet as I am yet to see anyone with high enough light to join in

We saw a blueberry and invited him to the party chat. After that the rest of the party chat joined on him and bam! 2 full fireteams.

4 final runes?? What is wrong with you!

Juraash

So I made some good progress tonight. Jumped another 14-15 ligh lvls, crafted my sword, finished the earth part of Petra's chain and some other stuff. Also super happy with my general gear loadout. The Dead Orbit scout rifle has served me really well so far and the Warlock fusion rifle is a fantastic complimemt to the scout's range.

Also really coming to like the infusion system. If you do the heroic daily, that's 15 marks right there which is 5 infusions. I've found that that's a really healthy amount of character progression for an evening just in it's own. I would say I've averaged 3-4 legendary items a session so far so anything that isn't infuse worthy just gives me more marks. I think it's a pretty great system once you bring yourself out of the year 1 mindset.

I know I'm not progressing as fast as some people on here, but my progress has been really consistent. When I turn Destiny off I feel like I accomplished something which I couldn't always say in vanilla. This weekend will be filled with strikes to try for push to raid-ish levels.

Tip: If you are looking for Artifacts do the tier 3 CoO. Dropped a few 300 this morning and its easy to do. Plus you get one free from Eris ( one you can even choose) after finishing the CoO quest.

Should be your progress towards you next light level.

What is CoO?

Edit: never mind. It's late for me. I shouldn't be awake.

Reached level 40 pretty easily. All the work is from getting better gear. Light levels make you actually use guns you wouldn't expect to use and that's pretty cool.

Hahaha I thought the same thing. Like crap a fusion rifle just dropped with higher light. Gotta use it! And worse, when a shotty drops. They haven't been as bad as I thought, so far but yea.

DjRalford

Hahaha I thought the same thing. Like crap a fusion rifle just dropped with higher light. Gotta use it! And worse, when a shotty drops. They haven't been as bad as I thought, so far but yea.

I used a hand cannon the first few hours, I never use hand cannons but it was my highest light by a long way. it was satisfying watching heads pop from the impact.

Any tips on getting grouped with randoms for CoO? Swear every time I join patrol I'm the only one in the whole area. Roster shows no one being in the game either where as if I go to the tower that list is full.

We were just doing CoO's with 9 people, it was hilarious. I'll post up a more detailed thing in a second.

ocean

Banned
HELP! I think my mission is borked :(
Restart the game, go there and kill more Fallen in case it's a rounding bug, and if that doesn't work then sit down and cry :(

I cleared Cosmodrome last night and it was such a pain. Really hope this isn't an issue with the quest!

kidko

Patrolling the dreadnaught was fun, CoO is great fun, farming mats tho... Need hadium for the sword but only found 10 all night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom