• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Do we have to do some missions for the calcified fragments or can they be obtained in patrol. The Leviathan Rises is so close to me but the jump is just outta reach so have I gotta do the Regicide story mission? :\

Do we have to do some missions for the calcified fragments or can they be obtained in patrol. The Leviathan Rises is so close to me but the jump is just outta reach so have I gotta do the Regicide story mission? :\

Yeah, gotta do regicide for 3 or 4 of them.

LiK

Regicide mission for the fragments is easy. you can get all of them there pretty quickly. clear the ads and it's all good.

Raybunny

You can obtain most of them during patrol. But there are some exceptions:
CoO
The regicide mission
Darkblade strike
King's Fall Raid

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Always believe in yourselves. Anything is possible
YW4q5z9.jpg

I hope that titan was super salty.

Owensboro

Man, you guys weren't kidding about the Warstat nonsense. I hit Mars thinking "Oh, this will be good. I need to get 10 of the special nodes for my Void Legendary sword anyway." I used that Destiny event tracker website, made sure I hit every possible Warstat spawn, and still didn't see a Warstat until AFTER I had gotten all 10 rare materials. Woof.

Is there anyone on this board that HASN'T done and/or read about the King's Fall raid and wants to figure it out on their own? I'm getting dangerously close to 290, haven't seen a thing about the raid other than boss names, and was thinking of trying to get a totally blind run together to experience my first true "no strats known" raid. Unfortunately I joined this game so late that my VoG and Crota's End experience was heavily guided / I felt like a jackass if I didn't know the boss strategies before joining a group.

Also, is there still any interest in me running a newbie VoG raid on this Sunday? I got a friend who's never done it and I plan on leading a group through explaining everything. A whole group of new people would be a heck of a lot more fun than a bunch of vets.

Tovarisc

I hope that titan was super salty.

I expect mountain of salt from everyone once it sinks in during IB and ToO that using that specific Omolon sniper with Luck in the Chamber is Last Round 2.0. You can even game the system by firing off one shot and reloading it, next shot will proc that perk pretty much every time.

Deku Tree

Seems like CoO is the best way to RNG higher light ghost shells. Has anyone gotten any legendary ghost shells from CoO? All I get are blues...

LiK

I expect mountain of salt from everyone once it sinks in during IB and ToO that using that specific Omolon sniper with Luck in the Chamber is Last Round 2.0. You can even game the system by firing off one shot and reloading it, next shot will proc that perk pretty much every time.

you can stop one, but can you stop THREE Sunbreakers with supers? :p

Wait a minute, that luck in the chamber glitch works on the Eirene RR4 sniper rifle? Worse than final round spear if it does.

Tovarisc

you can stop one, but can you stop THREE Sunbreakers with supers? :p

I wish it was only sunbreakers who will suffer from Last Round 2.0, but sadly it will be everyone getting OHK'd by bodyshots from that thing. Sunbreaker may require you to land headshot for OHK thanks to insane damage taken reductions.

But yeah, if team has 3x sunbreaker I expect them to autowin 3 rounds out of 5 in ToO.

Wait a minute, that luck in the chamber glitch works on the Eirene RR4 sniper rifle? Worse than final round spear if it does.

It does work. Friend got it and messed around with it in raid once I told him about reload glitch, he confirmed that most of the follow up shots after reload proc perk.

Edit: So expect to hear a lot sniper shots and reloads at beginning of ToO rounds ;)

EL CUCO

Umm...is this for real? Has anyone tested this? I would if I wasn't at work.

Edit: just saw your post.

Tovarisc

Umm...is this for real? Has anyone tested this? I would if I wasn't at work.

My friend got that sniper rifle, I told him about reload glitch and he tested it out during our raid. He confirmed that most of the shots after doing reload proc Luck in the Chamber perk. It's same glitch as with shotguns that have that perk.

Edit: Saw that you just saw my post, but I hope you see my post :b #meta

Edit 2:
RNG
CQ4LiH1WUAAMoxs.jpg:large

Got 310 Jade Rabbit tho :D

I hear you shouldn't return e.g. 2 special weapon engrams back to back to reduce possibility of duplicates.

Deku Tree

RNG
CQ4LiH1WUAAMoxs.jpg:large

Got 310 Jade Rabbit tho :D

Yeah I've been decrypting exotic engrams one at a time for superstitious reasons... Once per day... Once per tower load.. I was getting a lot of dups back to back before I started that...

It's likely Bungies Cryptarch RNG is time based to some extent...

Yeah I've been decrypting exotic engrams one at a time for superstitious reasons... Once per day... Once per tower load.. I was getting a lot of dups back to back before I started that...

Lol. Arent engrams decided the moment you get them? Except for the light level of course.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Interesting. Well. I just wanted infusion fodder anyway

My friend got that sniper rifle, I told him about reload glitch and he tested it out during our raid. He confirmed that most of the shots after doing reload proc Luck in the Chamber perk. It's same glitch as with shotguns that have that perk.

Edit: Saw that you just saw my post, but I hope you see my post :b #meta

Edit 2:

I hear you shouldn't return e.g. 2 special weapon engrams back to back to reduce possibility of duplicates.

I saw people on Reddit talking about the reload/LITC glitch and saying the glitch only results in the sound being triggered on first shot but not the actual bonus damage. Is it confirmed otherwise or was your friend just shooting at air and listening for the sound?

Impulsor

Is there a way to run through a Raid after finishing it for the week? I mean, Can I go from beginning to end through an Empty raid? wanted to show the raid to a friend. Gonna go ahead and guess that no you can't,

Deku Tree

Lol. Arent engrams decided the moment you get them? Except for the light level of course.

No they're not actually... If you transfer an engram in the vault to an alt then if it's blue it'll decrypt into something from the class of the decryptor... If it's exotic then it's got a 2/3 chance to decrypt to the same class... Luke Smith admitted that... So Can't be decided the moment you get it.

Interesting. Well. I just wanted infusion fodder anyway

It's just superstition... No way to prove anything more without extensive testing...

Tecnniqe

Banned
No they're not actually... If you transfer an engram in the vault to an alt then if it's blue it'll decrypt into something from the class of the decryptor... If it's exotic then it's got a 2/3 chance to decrypt to the same class... Luke Smith admitted that... So Can't be decided the moment you get it.

It's just superstition... No way to prove anything more without extensive testing...

Well even testing it for a long period it could just be "RNG". The most hated word.

matmanx1

Great. At least two of them are new.

Also, I'm not feeling the love for the Suros 45. The Hakke's seems to have more impact. Feels more like messenger to me.

Most likely will be running:
Primary: Hakke Lyudmila pulse rifle
Secondary: 1000-Yard Stare/ Consipiracy Theory D/ Thesan FS4
Heavy: Objection IV / Truth

Yeah, that's obviously glitched and shouldn't be working like that. It feels scummy so I'm not doing it. My 1000-Yard Stare feels better to use anyway.

Tovarisc

I saw people on Reddit talking about the reload/LITC glitch and saying the glitch only results in the sound being triggered on first shot but not the actual bonus damage. Is it confirmed otherwise or was your friend just shooting at air and listening for the sound?

I didn't pay too much attention to how he tested it. During Oryx encounter he just told me that glitch works with that sniper rifle. I can ask him to do accurate test when he gets online. But then last night I did some PvP with DirtyAquaticApe and Teasing_Pink and another of them [sorry, your voices aren't familiar to me] mentioned that he has been using that Omolon sniper to do OHK bodyshots.

Top Bottom