• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

Afrocious

my controller is missing the L1 key

uCAKquz.jpg

You have 2 thumbs (most likely), you dont need to have melee on the stick to aim and hit?

Ha, I see the default has melee on a bumper. Way back, melee was on a face button and you had to take your thumb off of the right stick to beat someone down, but only when they were right in front of you. I switched back in the day and now I couldn't imagine melee anywhere else.

Afrocious

well warlocks don't really need to be jumping so you're good.

Hey Zobes, as sarcastic as this may sound, and it's not, I offer myself to be your faithful sweaty apprentice.

kneel.jpg

I'd like to git gud at Destiny's PvP. I feel that, even with your opinions about the Crucible's current state, you have a certain grasp at it that I would like to have as well.

Ugh relic iron for the exotic sword quest. I've always struggled to find relic on patrol. This could take a very long time.

When you go from Barrens to Hollows there's a tunnel that connects the two, wait for relic iron pod to spawn on the entrance of that tunnels on the Barren side. Loot it, go through tunnel, come back, loot it again, repeat 150 times. Put on some inspirational music in the background, or an audiobook or something.

Hey Zobes, as sarcastic as this may sound, and it's not, I offer myself to be your faithful sweaty apprentice.

kneel.jpg

I'd like to git gud at Destiny's PvP. I feel that, even with your opinions about the Crucible's current state, you have a certain grasp at it that I would like to have as well.

Step 1: Find a good primary weapon you like Red Death or Hawksaw
Step 2: Play as your favorite class a Sunbreaker
Step 3: Stick to the high ground and long sightlines on the maps Quit if it's a bad map
Step 4: Play better players to learn how to read the competition Hide in the classic playlists with people who still own Vanilla Destiny

Afrocious

Step 3: Stick to the high ground and long sightlines on the maps Quit if it's a bad map
Step 4: Play better players to learn how to read the competition Hide in the classic playlists with people who still own Vanilla Destiny

Haha. For real though, I'm trying to learn how to wreck faces outside of raids and PvE content. I need new challenges.

Tovarisc

Haha. For real though, I'm trying to learn how to wreck faces outside of raids and PvE content. I need new challenges.

Sadly Zobas list is 90% what Crucible is about, Step 4 is optional tho. PvP is all about having good pulse rifle [oddly I see Red Death once in a lifetime, even when it's supposed to be Godtier in PvP now], rocking that hammerbro for borderline godmode couple with mini-nukes and hand picking your maps if you are all about that KDR.

Afrocious

That's just talking about the current state of the metagame. I'm more concerned about skill, which is both constant in that it exists regardless of the changes in the metagame, and relative in that it may not be what victories boil down to in the unfortunate end.

So yeah, for me at least, skill > all and that's what I want.

I'm assuming one emote will cost $1.99 or $2.99.

I'll just be happy with the free Silver they give everyone and pick up one or two emotes. Apparently if you play regularly till December, you will get more free silver down the road.

Really? Where did you hear that?

If you just want to get better, then you have to just play. Watching somebody else play might give you some tactical nous, but in the end, learning how to shoot effectively is gonna come down to practice.

Afrocious

Not to sound like a reductionist jerk, but with all the discussion about crucible I see in this thread and the imminent trials and iron banner, I find it hard to believe there's so little to like about crucible outside of getting its bounties done.

No xbox one for me either. You all know how that went.

This took about 3 years to load. Will somebody please think of the data plans?

>data plan
4IjgKj6.jpg

you're probably on a train or bus or something so that's unfortunate. wifi > all cause im broke

Tecnniqe

Banned
If you just want to get better, then you have to just play. Watching somebody else play might give you some tactical nous, but in the end, learning how to shoot effectively is gonna come down to practice.

Practice and preference.

Is anyone working on the new OT? We are quickly moving towards page 400.

When you go from Barrens to Hollows there's a tunnel that connects the two, wait for relic iron pod to spawn on the entrance of that tunnels on the Barren side. Loot it, go through tunnel, come back, loot it again, repeat 150 times. Put on some inspirational music in the background, or an audiobook or something.

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Did a big circle around a few areas and went from 9 relic to 66 and I have 1 of the quest items lol... Whoever thought this was a good idea deserves something painful.

Not to sound like a reductionist jerk, but with all the discussion about crucible I see in this thread and the imminent trials and iron banner, I find it hard to believe there's so little to like about crucible outside of getting its bounties done.

>data plan
4IjgKj6.jpg

you're probably on a train or bus or something so that's unfortunate. wifi > all cause im broke

Im liking 3v3 modes as it is atm. Learning how to snipe will be useful in those modes btw.

If you make the right split second choices you can actually influence the match result unlike control or whatever when randoms will just fuck you up anyway. I beat 3 guys with a shitty random in skirmish by scoring 4000 points and the random just 1000. It was 2v3 as well.

I imagine most people are only interested in those modes for the loot. It will be a nice change of pace for the Destiny community to be focused on PvP after being almost PvE exclusive since TTK launched, but with the current state of Crucible I'm completely uninterested in the gameplay itself.

Controlling your character isn't a skill that I can teach you. There are tricks you can use no doubt, but shooting and maneuvering within the multiplayer is your own thing that plays to what you're comfortable doing. For the last year, i played very aggressively and was able to hold my own. In the first few months especially I was unstoppable. Now however I play slower and reserved and am constantly being shut down by people who are playing how I used to be. My aiming has gotten better but I play dumber than I used to.

Playing smart is definitely something you can learn - just not from me.

Not sure about these titles folks. Don't make me pick another one that everyone will hate :p

Continuing the Luke baiting

Destiny OT34: Where's Hard Mode Luke?

lol as much as I enjoy the concept I'm giving up all hope on that one. Bungie people can and should engage as much or as little with us as they want. Ultimately the community here is powered by the people who engage with it regardless of where they work.

Since we're at the end of this failed-title thread, I'll mention a few points about why I made the title since some people seemed confused:

-It was a stupid joke that made me laugh. This was the main reason. Thread titles are not serious business after all.

-The only popular title was variations of "1% of 1%" which was fine but not great. I've talked many times about how I don't want this to be some elitist place for MLG-Pros only. Not that people were taking that tile super-seriously but it's still not the best tone. Plus Luke just named OT30.

-I honestly really did want to know what the KF theme was, if it exists. At this point I'm more inclined to think KF's development was done differently and didn't have a theme.

-We've more or less finished all available TTK content at this point and settled into the next phase: critical evaluation. What's good? What's bad? How does it compare to previous work?

The VoG and CE themes provide great context and perspective for viewing their design. CE's theme especially, One Way Trip, shows exactly what worked and what didn't. The initial drop, the Abyss, the Bridge and the Shrieker hallway all fit the theme perfectly while Deathsingers and Crota have nothing to do with it. It's no coincidence the raid's quality nose dives exactly where the encounters divert from the theme.

I like KF a lot, but also feel like it's missing something to tie it together as a singular creative piece the way that VoG holds together. I was hoping a theme might provide that missing piece but it doesn't seem to be the case.

ich00

Thanks I'll give it a shot. Did a big circle around a few areas and went from 9 relic to 66 and I have 1 of the quest items lol... Whoever thought this was a good idea deserves something painful.

Yea I spent an hour on the moon yesterday and didn't get one. A friend did the same and had it done in under an hour. At this rate I'll have all my kills done before I get halfway done the mat collection

are people still doing vault/crota? never done them before and i really want red death

Count me in on this too. I missed this content since I only played vanilla and now TTK. I am currently using a Red Spectre, would really like to get a Red Death too.

i still do Crota from time to time since its easy to solo, VoG still my favorite but sadly my team is not always available to do it :(

The Hunt for Red Death an old school Deathsinger/Crota x3 anyone on for it? Ruthless said he would as well

Afrocious

I imagine most people are only interested in those modes for the loot. It will be a nice change of pace for the Destiny community to be focused on PvP after being almost PvE exclusive since TTK launched, but with the current state of Crucible I'm completely uninterested in the gameplay itself.

Controlling your character isn't a skill that I can teach you. There are tricks you can use no doubt, but shooting and maneuvering within the multiplayer is your own thing that plays to what you're comfortable doing. For the last year, i played very aggressively and was able to hold my own. In the first few months especially I was unstoppable. Now however I play slower and reserved and am constantly being shut down by people who are playing how I used to be. My aiming has gotten better but I play dumber than I used to.

Playing smart is definitely something you can learn - just not from me.

I'm confused. You're playing to win, right? Why don't you return to how you used to play then if it's in your ability?

I guess this also begs the question if you think your skill has improved over time or not.

Top Bottom