• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT33| Hey Luke, What's the Theme for King's Fall? (Unmarked Spoilers)

People getting their hands on this stuff through glitching and/or super rare bugs triggering engram to give item etc. just shows that Bungie has time gated most of actually interesting and cool stuff, which is shame. There is nothing exciting or interesting about need to log in once a day, after daily reset, to see if Bungie has flipped another time gate to Off. If community actually had to solve puzzles, work together to reach insane goals etc. in order to unlock stuff that would be cool as fuck, time gating not so much.

39856_1_1.jpg

This remains one of my favourite moments in a game ever, even if I look back at original WoW and realise how terrible is was :p I think Destiny has the potential to have massive world changing events such as this, though it would be more complex as you of course don't have any visible selectable servers. But imagine if a certain goal of this event was something like the Vanguard required patrol details from across the system as there has been rumours of Osiris Cult activity and once the community does so many patrol missions cumulatively it unlocks the next step.

This then results in a long and challenging quest for the entire community that involves both public and personal objectives to advance your character to the epic conclusion that results in your receiving unique loot that would show others that you were there when the (Insert event here) happened, such as the Scarab Lord stuff in WoW. But then again some people would just complain as it would be to arduous and grindy for their tastes and would prefer the content just to be timelocked so they can log in one day and tah-da they have there brand new bouncy laser rail gun.

Tovarisc

I think what's lame is people glitching into shit before its properly unveiled tbh

I understand why people like to do out of bounds exploring, to see upcoming and scrapped areas of the maps. It's kinda cool to get to see that stuff. Sometimes you can even find stuff like platforms that were clearly used to test something, e.g. jumping physics. Not saying Destiny has such spots underneath maps, but some games have.

So we have 2 people with Garrison, 2 people with that Hunter chest and this alleged No Time on 1 person? Kinda funny that community knows that shit is in the game and that people have gotten them [thanks to bugs most likely] yet Bungie keeps acting like they aren't there.

So I was on a forum board a few minutes ago checking out the ship jumping section as a hunter and somebody mentions holding x makes the jump easier. I never knew about holding X(jump button) with the hunter. Does this actually make a difference?

Number45

Is this supposed to work or has it been fixed? I'm in the mission at the moment and kills with the husk equipped are only registering as void when my grenade is actually full.

GutZ31

Is the charged argonaut rune broken?

If you used one for the week, you can not charge another.
You must kill 7 unique taken champions on the dreadnaught to charge the argonaut rune.
You can not charge more than once per day, unless killing enemies someone else summoned with their own argonaut rune.

Find someone with a changed rune, and have them start the encounter so you can change yours at the same time.
If you already got the loot for the week, it won't charge until next week.

Deku Tree

So I just infused a 296 graviton with a 310 inmost light and I got a 306 graviton... That's less than 80%... I Thought I was going to get a 307 for sure because even that is less than 80%...

I'm gonna be mad if my 306 goes to 309 the next time I infuse it with a 310...

Do you get more out of infusion if one of the helmets that your infusing has experience in it?

Number45

So I just infused a 296 graviton with a 310 inmost light and I got a 306 graviton... That's less than 80%... I Thought I was going to get a 307 for sure because even that is less than 80%...

Do you get more out of infusion if one of the helmets that your infusing has experience in it?
Pretty sure the amount decreases if the gap is too large, but 306 to 310 should be 100% as it's within 5 levels of the item you're infusing.

I know its been posted a few times but for a new day,

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._can_skip_a_majority_of_the_taken_war_quests/

Get your 310 Artefacts without the grind, finally I can clear all my quests

Wow, I wish I had known that a week ago. Such a long quest line...especially if you're like me and keep doing the Petra quest too on accident since the type of activities are so similar. Kill 2 Champions on Mars...OK. Shit that was Petra. Check with the Vanguard...Kill 6 Lieutenants on Mars...Fuck.

Looks like the 9 step Petra quest reward is a whopping +150 rep with her. :(

GutZ31

So I was on a forum board a few minutes ago checking out the ship jumping section as a hunter and somebody mentions holding x makes the jump easier. I never knew about holding X(jump button) with the hunter. Does this actually make a difference?

sounds fishy.

Never noticed anything by holding X.
Timing your jump is more important than placebo effects.
Then again, maybe holding X does help, but I just never use it, with little to no trouble so far.

39856_1_1.jpg

This remains one of my favourite moments in a game ever, even if I look back at original WoW and realise how terrible is was :p I think Destiny has the potential to have massive world changing events such as this, though it would be more complex as you of course don't have any visible selectable servers. But imagine if a certain goal of this event was something like the Vanguard required patrol details from across the system as there has been rumours of Osiris Cult activity and once the community does so many patrol missions cumulatively it unlocks the next step.

This then results in a long and challenging quest for the entire community that involves both public and personal objectives to advance your character to the epic conclusion that results in your receiving unique loot that would show others that you were there when the (Insert event here) happened, such as the Scarab Lord stuff in WoW. But then again some people would just complain as it would be to arduous and grindy for their tastes and would prefer the content just to be timelocked so they can log in one day and tah-da they have there brand new bouncy laser rail gun.

Gaining Scarab Lord in WoW is still one of my proudest gaming achievements :p

Number45

Nothing to do with grenade, you need to pick up the husk when your melee is charged, that way every melee kill will count as a void ability kill.
I meant melee, not grenade, but now that you mention it I might not have had it charged when I picked it up. Thanks, I'll give it another go!

Exotics always lose more light levels upon infusion than legendaries, it's been known for some time now. Always use the calculator site if you're unsure.

306 will go to 310 for sure.

noomi

Check this out: http://mattaltepeter.com/destiny/

It's a really great infusion calculator, it's been accurate for me each time.

Tovarisc

I don't see how holding X down has any affect on jump height. Buttons like X or O on DS4 are either 1 or 0, On or Off. [Edit: Also state of jump returns to 0 automatically after pressing X once to trigger 1, if it stayed at 1 you would keep hopping up and down] Then we have hunter jump that has set height and length it can reach/go with single press of X, holding X down doesn't change those set values in any way. To make jumping puzzles in KF "easier" as hunter my tip would be using triple jump and just learning timings for jumps, when to do initial and follow up jumps.

Jumping puzzles in KF aren't hard when you learn pattern [ship order, piston strike timings] and nail down your own personal jump timings.

Deku Tree

Wow, I wish I had known that a week ago. Such a long quest line...especially if you're like me and keep doing the Petra quest too on accident since the type of activities are so similar. Kill 2 Champions on Mars...OK. Shit that was Petra. Check with the Vanguard...Kill 6 Lieutenants on Mars...Fuck.

Looks like the 9 step Petra quest reward is a whopping +150 rep with her. :(

Yeah I could do with someone willing to do this. I cba doing the whole quest line as without a fire team it's a PITA.

Still need someone to start up the first SS mission so I can join on them! Someone halp!

Nope, holding X does nothing. Did you visit gamefaqs? :p

Thx. So putting exp into one or the other helmet does nothing for infusion right?

XP and infusion are unrelated.

noomi

I would expect First Firewall to be available again very soon, definitely next week.

I would love to know more about the No Time to Explain though.... that's what I really want.

No shit? Really? I had heard that here a few weeks back and have been religiously leveling shit before infusing. Feels like it has been making a difference. I feel like the only time I had a shitty (below 80%) infuse since doing that was the one time when I didn't take the time to xp level an exotic.

nOoblet16

I don't see how holding X down has any affect on jump height. Buttons like X or O on DS4 are either 1 or 0, On or Off. [Edit: Also state of jump returns to 0 automatically after pressing X once to trigger 1, if it stayed at 1 you would keep hopping up and down] Then we have hunter jump that has set height and length it can reach/go with single press of X, holding X down doesn't change those set values in any way. To make jumping puzzles in KF "easier" as hunter my tip would be using triple jump and just learning timings for jumps, when to do initial and follow up jumps.

Jumping puzzles in KF aren't hard when you learn pattern [ship order, piston strike timings] and nail down your own personal jump timings.
You are wrong on both accounts.

Firstly, a button doesn't need to be pressure sensitive to determine whether it's being held pressed or not. While it's true that DS4 cannot differentiate between the pressure of the presses like DS2 and DS3, it can still detect whether it is kept pressed or only tapped.

Secondly, holding jump absolutely gives your first jump a higher height for all characters compared to just tapping (and your agility can increase it further). For hunter it extends beyond the first to the second, third and fourth jump...and you have to consider that on top of the timing since you would want to activate it at the peak of your jump.

Yeah I did and I figured. I can't make that jump after you duck under the ship with my hunter. I always get right to the edge and either hit the ship or just can't get high enough. It's a piece of cake with my warlock and titan.

People getting their hands on this stuff through glitching and/or super rare bugs triggering engram to give item etc. just shows that Bungie has time gated most of actually interesting and cool stuff, which is shame. There is nothing exciting or interesting about need to log in once a day, after daily reset, to see if Bungie has flipped another time gate to Off. If community actually had to solve puzzles, work together to reach insane goals etc. in order to unlock stuff that would be cool as fuck, time gating not so much.

Edit: When it comes Sleeper Simulant I'm not salty about weapon itself because it's patrol / strike destroyer, but questline to get it was way way too overhyped by Bungie and press. Hype fuck out of insane puzzles questline has and then it was basic binary code for 1% and 99% time gate.

Pretty sure 95% of the people just came to reddit/nGAF as soon as they got to the codes portion of the quest. So more like 0.01% of the community solves it, the rest just read how to do it.

Whats the point of making a complex puzzle if everyones just going to google the answer?

Deku Tree

I don't care enough about weapons perks 99% of the time, so I almost never level up weapons or armor with motes.

I only use motes of light for infusion and faction rep.

nOoblet16

People who have played hundreds of hours of Destiny and main a hunter but still don't know that holding jump gives you a higher height should just stop playing hunter :p

Now I know why so many people have issues getting to places with the hunter jump.

People who have played hundreds of hours of Destiny and main a hunter but still don't know that holding jump gives you a higher height should just stop playing hunter :p

Now I know why so many people have issues getting to places with the hunter jump.

And there you have, I will try this out later. I started out using a titan as my main. Then switched to my warlock, only started playing the hunter as my main on the taken king

Tovarisc

You are wrong on both accounts.

Firstly, a button doesn't need to be pressure sensitive to determine whether it's being held pressed or not. While it's true that DS4 cannot differentiate between the pressure of the presses like DS2 and DS3, it can still detect whether it is kept pressed or only tapped.

Secondly, holding jump absolutely gives your first jump a higher height for all characters compared to just tapping, and for hunter it extends to the second, third and fourth jump...so you have to consider that on top of the timing since you would want to activate it at the peak of your jump.

Well sure it can tell if button is held down or not, proven by e.g. picking up nodes of materials. Doesn't mean that button state has more values than 0 or 1, if button actually responded to different pressure states then there would be a lot independent states between 0 and 1. Think DS4 triggers, when using Hand Cannon you can slowly pull trigger making hammer of the gun pull back slowly meaning those are "pressure sensitive triggers". R1/L1 are also 0/1 state triggers.

Second part I have never noticed. Just loaded into patrol to check and holding does give some extra height, not much but 10-15%? I'm on my warlock atm so can't do proper testing when using holding as possible help for hunter jumping, but at least for warlock glide whole holding jump down thing seems useless. Also I have done KF jumping parts as hunter couple times now, never knew about or used holding X as help :b

Also if jumping button didn't return value to 0 after initiating jump you would keep jumping up and down 24/7 on the ground when holding X down.

Top Bottom