• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJRage

How much would light level affect a friend of mine who is 305 vs someone who is around 310 in trials? He's a pretty good player but I wouldn't think its that much of a difference right?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
How much would light level affect a friend of mine who is 305 vs someone who is around 310 in trials? He's a pretty good player but I wouldn't think its that much of a difference right?

300+ Is no real difference as far as we know.

Edit: About how long is a card to play through? Trying to decide if I should stay up or not.

noomi

I'll probably float around level 309 or so in trials with my hunter, made sure to max the gear that matters.

People on Reddit are saying that Alchemist and Starfire give 11 sleeper shots. Is this true?

I wouldn't be surprised, isn't one of the perks extra heavy ammo? Still... I think the sleeper sucks, even if it had 30 ammo in reserve :p

Frenden

Banned
If it's like Iron Banner, I saw no real difference on my 295-299 characters or 300+ character.

I'm-a be in Nightly's chat until Drizzay or Unstabie or another of us starts streaming. Join me if bored!

I'll probably float around level 309 or so in trials with my hunter, made sure to max the gear that matters.

I wouldn't be surprised, isn't one of the perks extra heavy ammo? Still... I think the sleeper sucks, even if it had 30 ammo in reserve :p
Sleeper is great against ultras. It murdered the ogre in this week's tier 3. I'd love it with 11 rounds for those instances.

noomi

Welcome back javier, your post of gigantic haha.

I have mixed feelings about TTK as well... especially the more I play it, but for the most part... I'm pretty happy with it.

So Nirwen's Mercy or Red Death? They're so far the only 2 pulse rifles I'm comfortable with. Which one is factually better?

Also, is 305 light on it good enough for trials?

LifEndz

Yo. Missed you guys. After over a month absent, I'd like to vent with my fellow GAFers for a while.

I agree 100%, especially re the weapon parts nerf. It's like I'm being punished for taking advantage of re-rolling from HoW and not hoarding parts. I got the machine gun from the Raid last night and it's decent, but certainly nowhere close to the amazing perks from year 1 stuff. And the double RNG of Raid loot is maddening. If I'm lucky enough to get the damn ghost, don't give me a 302 ghost or a 302 scout. Every drop from the raid should be max light with respect to the Raid's difficulty level.

Bogeypop

Need 1 more for Trials. Aiming for Mercury. Biggy says no scrubs
GwbmkIH.jpg

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

This post is the honest truth. I seriously hope Luke sees this.

The worst part is that Bungie said they didn't want it to feel like a second job, but TTK has made it so much harder to run multiple characters. Don't even get me started on making class items have stats and adding artifacts (so much useless bullshit here).

I just need to get a HM Oryx clear for the Year 2 triumphs then I'm going to be playing much less Destiny.

Sane_Man

Taken King definitely isn't perfect, with lots of issues that need addressing, and a lot of the issues Ocean raised are legit, but to yearn for House of Wolves is insane. Taken King is better at almost all the things that really matter.

The raid alone is better than everything in House of Wolves combined.

MrDaravon

God they really need to address matchmaking being fucked in the strike playlist. I just spent over 30 minutes trying to trudge through Taniks solo because one guy quit immediately, and the other guy just spent the whole time dancing. Never put anyone in, the dancing guy eventually quit (or got idled out), I spent like 15-20 minutes stuck at the tank then quit. Seriously for fucking sake Bungie.

LifEndz

Taken King definitely isn't perfect, with lots of issues that need addressing, and a lot of the issues Ocean raised are legit, but to yearn for House of Wolves is insane. Taken King is better at almost all the things that really matter.

The raid alone is better than everything in House of Wolves combined.

I think it was about a desire to go back to the economy of house of wolves.

ethomaz

Banned
4 or 5 POE 28

1x Exotic Chest Engram
1x Exotic Helmet Engram
~20 Strange Coins

Not bad at all.

Sad the two Exotic Engrams give me repeated gears... well at least 310 both... Bungie pls.

MrDaravon

Fuck, the strike thing totally killed my mood to play this game. I'm just going to hop back on tomorrow maybe, I'm probably going to have a really hard time getting folks to do NF/exotic sword strikes/Imprection quest with Trials having just hit anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom