• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Hopped in the daily to warm up and played a clutch match. Who says Hand Cannons are dead?
rejoice.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvQ7lAWbkqE

RIP Zoba.

Long live Twilight Gap.

Silver package has always been the superior package. I got a Gjallarhorn from one during HoW. Don't remember anything the Gold package gave me.

flkraven

The no-knights strategy doesn't even seem like a good-enough, sure thing to be even consider cheese let alone cheating. Just titan bubbling on the ground and shredding the ogres and knights with ToM works just as well if not better.

GhaleonEB

I'm sure Bungie won't let blatant cheaters get away with anything. You know, like those shadowshot spammers during IB.

I think this a bit different as network manipulation is more explicitly against the ToS. Expecting the ban hammer to be a bit delayed, but to hit hard when it does.

zewone

It's not cheese, it's a creative strategy.

The problem is it bypasses the one change from NM Oryx to HM Oryx which means it could be patched.

lt519

I don't see them wasting their time patching it. It is basically just as difficult to execute as the normal strategy except this just allows some under leveled guardians to stay out of the line of fire a bit more. The fact that when people get high enough level they switch back to the normal strategy shows that it's not actually easier, just safer.

I don't understand this article at all. The last sentence and the headline completely go against his conclusion that the alternate strategy has more luck involved but is good for underleveled groups, which is something I completely agree with. Way to misrepresent your position for the clicks.

That was my take-a-away. As far as Polygon articles go it wasn't bad, it actually paints the fight in a fun light, but some of his terminology and conclusions are inconsistent with the way he presents the article with his title. An actually decent Destiny article and story of the history of our strategies but presented as click bait.

no knights strat can be annoying--I think the easiest strat is two titans on daughters towers assisting with knight sniping and just running it normally

Kaiken

Banned
reminder to the FT that ran last night:

NM KF - 11pm EDT - we will finish what we started.

1. rasengan1337
2. kinezo
3. gibbshift
4. kaikken
5. angerd
6. ghazi/drizzay/MLG? :)

Sorry guys. Can't make it tonight. Eventful weekend planned. Can help again Monday or possibly Sunday night if there's still need.

no knights strat can be annoying--I think the easiest strat is two titans on daughters towers assisting with knight sniping and just running it normally

If you can swing it the best one I've found is blessing of light bubble on the ground in between the daughters platforms and the two floaters using ToM to absolutely wreck the ogres. They melt so fast that way and then platform people can run to the middle after killing their Knights for safety until the runner gets invincibility.

LiK

I don't understand this article at all. The last sentence and the headline completely go against his conclusion that the alternate strategy has more luck involved but is good for underleveled groups, which is something I completely agree with. Way to misrepresent your position for the clicks.

Clickbait title

LTWood12

There was a really good comment I saw on there, that I totally agreed with.

*looks at username*

iseewhatyoudidthere.gif ;-)

Edit: Top of page? Have some cheese.

:)

I said he should post a video of him 'carrying' a few first timers using the strategy. Since it's a cheese/exploit it shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes.

blackflag

If you can swing it the best one I've found is blessing of light bubble on the ground in between the daughters platforms and the two floaters using ToM to absolutely wreck the ogres. They melt so fast that way and then platform people can run to the middle after killing their Knights for safety until the runner gets invincibility.

Yep this is the best if you've got a couple Titans for super every round.

flkraven

Here is the strategy we used for HM Oryx, and I don't understand how the no-knights strat is better or safer:

1) 2 Titans are floaters, standing in between the daughters platforms on the ground. Pop a bubble just before Oryx slams, and shred all 4 Ogres with ToM

2) The 3 people on platforms help with their Ogre, but mainly take down their Knight that spawns

3) The second the relic runner has the relic, everyone runs to the middle Titan bubble and just waits for the immunity to get to you. Take no risks. Just wait.

4) Once the relic runner has slammed and gotten to the center, 5 people focus the yellow bar knight, while the 6th person takes down the last red bar knight that was left (in this case, it was a golden-gun hunter that took him down). Tethers and supers also help on the yellow bar.

5) Stagger Oryx. (5 people should be able to stagger him if the 6th is still trying to drop the red bar knight

6) After stagger, spend 10-15 seconds clearing adds.

7) Run to bombs, but try to countdown so everyone enters them simultaneously.

8) rinse and repeat.

I don't understand how letting the Ogres roam, hoping you can drop all 4 at the same time, and jumping down into the shit while knights are roaming is any safer or better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom