• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
No fool me.

ghhhj.gif

After watching Unstable using that sniper last night I really want it.

I actually think the lighthouse should be reachable for EVERYBODY in some way. I feel straight up locked out of content I own.

This is the beauty of IB, even if you are a bad player you can still make all the progress needed - it just takes you longer.

As someone who went flawless yesterday I love this post. I have IRL buddies' who are casual Destiny players but they LOVE the game still. It sucks they will never see the lighthouse.

As someone who went flawless yesterday I love this post. I have IRL buddies' who are casual Destiny players but they LOVE the game still. It sucks they will never see the lighthouse.

No ones asking for it to be easy but there has to be some balance with it, I don't know what they can do bar either bring the old system back and suck up people getting carried or stick flawless into there own pool.

Either way it just highlights the mess that Crucibles in, look at they way Halo does it https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena if you get the structure right from the start it makes dealing with balancing etc going forward so much easier. Destiny will always suffer as theres no real structure in place

Sounds like they need to make trials like street fighter championship mode. Put players in tiers and pit the tiers against each other. Eventually top players move up and out allowing the next tier of talent to move up. Reward the highest tier with not better loot but more grind related rewards and more chances at rolls

If players have to run into Unstable whenever they are 7-0 they'll never go flawless

I like this idea.

Bogeypop

Now I see what the problem is. Was too nervous yesterday just trying to get wins to put two-and-two together. When I do Trials I can easily go like 3-0 or 4-0. It's when the enemy team gets their Supers that any sort of gun skill is thrown out the window and they can easily make a comeback. Ridiculous.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Reached 8-0 with mercy so many times only to fuck it up. I'm getting tired of this. It seems the game tries to match teams who need 1 win for flawless and you usually get a lot of try hard teams because of that.

Just watched a post 9-0 game(needed 10 match bounty done) and the whole enemy team had potato connections. That would be so much fun to play against if you're on a regular run right
Kappa.png

Bogeypop

39% win rate in Trials, I really need a regular team :(

I also need to find a regular third. Having to rotate people with various skill levels and playstyles doesn't help overall team strategy when you have to change it up every 2 hours and adjust on the fly. Moreso with how much more difficult Trials gets when you get more wins.

morgtheborg140

Neo Member
I also need to find a regular third. Having to rotate people with various skill levels and playstyles doesn't help overall team strategy when you have to change it up every 2 hours and adjust on the fly. Moreso with how much more difficult Trials gets when you get more wins.

I'm looking for a regular group.

Namikaze1

This game is so much more fun than Halo 5.
Oh I disagree. Warzone is freaking fun as hell.

Campaign though...

It's better off we don't talk about that.

I managed to beat the game on Legendary in 10 hours for my brother. To freaking hours I'm never getting back.

Third Mercury run achieved, good games Ikkarus and Gaz. Got an amazing 300 Auto Rifle from the Trials Gold package. Such amazing loot, whoever thought of this is a genius.

I think its good I'm about to take a 3 week break from this game.

Having a three you play well with is key, skill level can vary but its how well you communicate etc and know/compliment each others play style

Lnkn52

Oh I disagree. Warzone is freaking fun as hell.

Campaign though...

It's better off we don't talk about that.

I managed to beat the game on Legendary in 10 hours for my brother. To freaking hours I'm never getting back.
What is warzone?

Namikaze1

What is warzone?
Took this straight from Halo wiki:

Warzone is a 24-player multiplayer mode in Halo 5: Guardians. It features two teams of 12 players each, AI-controlled opponents, and maps up to four times larger than any previous Halo multiplayer map. Commander Sarah Palmer acts as the announcer for Warzone.

Warzone utilizes the Requisition system to allow players to get weapons and vehicles in game.

Whoyouare

Anyone want to scrub it up in trials for a bit? I'm not that good, just want to have some stress free fun.

Psn: manicstreet

Bogeypop

Having a three you play well with is key, skill level can vary but its how well you communicate etc and know/compliment each others play style

That's my point. If I had a third I played consistently with skill level and playstyle wouldn't matter as we'd adjust for how we best synergize.

kiri

Guys....living in the UK playing Destiny on a JPN account. They STILL won't let us buy Silver, bloody shambles!

Anyone have any idea if/when they will introduce it??

Namikaze1

Well this new boon system took a while to figure out.

Wait. I have Mercy active from 3 months back and I have the option of activating another. Question is will the old Mercy boon still work?

Ikkarus

Third Mercury run achieved, good games Ikkarus and Gaz. Got an amazing 300 Auto Rifle from the Trials Gold package. Such amazing loot, whoever thought of this is a genius.

I think its good I'm about to take a 3 week break from this game.
Cracking games Tears and Gaz. So many triple nova bomb kills in that run! Those greedy opponents all gunning for the kill! ;)

I managed to bag a 319 Pulse Rifle at the Lighthouse with OK perks at best. :/

Yeah the loot system is well and truly fudged in Destiny at the moment. People like to feel rewarded for achieving something Bungie not getting a slap in the face as a prize.

Really hope they fix this but I won't hold my breath.

Enjoy your vacation Tears!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
What the hell is a Coded Engram? I thought green were Uncommon?

Edit: Gonna check it out saw someone got an exotic from one. Its been like a year since I had one lol.

Zocano

Yeah the loot system is well and truly fudged in Destiny at the moment. People like to feel rewarded for achieving something Bungie not getting a slap in the face as a prize.

Really hope they fix this but I won't hold my breath.

There isn't a simple solution to that problem, though, and if they truly try to work towards fixing it, it would take quite a bit of time to generate assets and perks.

Ikkarus

There isn't a simple solution to that problem, though, and if they truly try to work towards fixing it, it would take quite a bit of time to generate assets and perks.
Perhaps, but they could remove the 300 drops from NM raid in an instance but they haven't.

Same goes for HM and getting a 310. The whole point of loot is to feel good about it.

If they buffered NM to be at minimum a 302 and HM at 312 that would be a start. Look how quickly they fixed the 3oC exploit yet they drag their heels with loot. It's just a bit jading.

Deku Tree

So how do people feel when in the match after 8-0 your opponents are lagging really bad because the new MM prioritizes looking for another 8-0 team from anywhere?

Number45

Finally cracked 300 last night (infused a 298 blue into a 295 legs), and as expected the first primary I decrypted turned into a Zhalo... at 310! ^_^

Feel like I can enjoy the game a little more now, with every exotic I decrypt being useful again either in itself or as infusion matter. I really need to find time to experience the raid, at least once.

taoofjord

A couple questions...

Does the drop rate for strange coins decrease when Xur is around? I've been playing for 4 hours this morning and received 0. I did 6 heroic strikes, court of Oryx, multiple crucible matches, the dailies, and patrol. Just bad luck?

Also, I'm light level 293... outside of the raid, which I won't be able to attempt for a while, can I still find better gear or am I stuck here until I do the raid?

Daemul

I was looking through the Halo 5 community update, and whilst reading down the Top Players by Playlist section I recognized a name which brought a smile to my face.

TOP PLAYERS BY PLAYLIST
FREE-FOR-ALL

Gamertag CSR

1. Yearz 2161
2. Bulletflu 2143
3. NavG3 2138
4. HavocLP 2134
5. Exception Hs 2116
6. METALsHakE 2112
7. A itZ Proxii 2106
8. Vetoed 2104
9. x2KRONIK 2088
10. WTFisPOSHY 2084
11. Treys BETTER 2081
12. DntSlayMyMayne 2081
13. TypeOne inashio 2078
14. vShadow Dragonv 2064
15. Swegbotprime 2045

My man Poshy doing work.

So how do people feel when in the match after 8-0 your opponents are lagging really bad because the new MM prioritizes looking for another 8-0 team from anywhere?

This is so stupid, I don't understand who makes these decisions. The whole point of trials was to match games based on connection to ensure smoother, lag free games.

I just can't..

Yeah I just played 2 extra games on my hunter to finish the 10 games bounty, the last one had 2 red bars and a third that was flicking between yellow/red.

So fucking stupid.

Jabronium

A couple questions...

Does the drop rate for strange coins decrease when Xur is around? I've been playing for 4 hours this morning and received 0. I did 6 heroic strikes, court of Oryx, multiple crucible matches, the dailies, and patrol. Just bad luck?

Also, I'm light level 293... outside of the raid, which I won't be able to attempt for a while, can I still find better gear or am I stuck here until I do the raid?

They nerfed strange coin drops along with weapon parts in the recent patch, so probably not just bad luck.

You can get blues up to 300 from strikes to use for infusion, as well as a 300 artifact from Eris, but to crack 300 you'll need to run the raid (and get more than shards).

Born2Live

A couple questions...

I don't believe the drop rate decreases when Xur is about. A couple of hours of PoE should net you 20+ coins.

If your PvPer you can do ToO which nets you 300+ gear. Outside of that raiding is really best option to increase your LL. Can I ask why you can't raid at the moment. Your LL is fine for raiding and it shouldn't be to hard to get a group here.

Ty

Top Bottom