• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

E92 M3

I'm actually in favor of the idea that Deku (I think) posted yesterday about putting characters that already went flawless in a separate "division" where they can battle it out. That way, there will be less carries and other not super elite players would get a chance to go to the Lighthouse, rather than getting blocked every time.

I would be too, but population is limited. We had beat 3 mercury teams for 9 0.

My number 1 concern is always sustaining the MM. Takes some time already to find games.

FStop7

Banned
This is elitist bullcrap man. Why cap trials lighthouse to a tiny percent of players? It should be like hard mode raid. As in if your very good you should get to go. Not if you are extremely elite.

Yes it is working as intended. Bungie is making trials an ultra elite, teeth grinding affair if you want to go 9-0. It's a time wasting shit storm right now and it will only get worse as the casuals quit off.

Let's put it this way. I'm going to buy a. Gaming monitor tomorrow so I can get an edge for trials because I already see where this is going. My big screen has too much lag to battle the elite of pvp. That's ridiculous. I shouldn't have to do that.

Yeah, if you're gonna be a sweaty you need a monitor and arguably a kb+m.

I'm probably ordering both soon. :|

taoofjord

I don't believe the drop rate decreases when Xur is about. A couple of hours of PoE should net you 20+ coins.

If your PvPer you can do ToO which nets you 300+ gear. Outside of that raiding is really best option to increase your LL. Can I ask why you can't raid at the moment. Your LL is fine for raiding and it shouldn't be to hard to get a group here.

Ty

Just cause I haven't done any of the raids before and don't have any friends that play the game. I'm thinking it'll be tough to find a group of people online that'd want to put someone in the raid that hasn't gone through it at least once.

Lnkn52

I was looking through the Halo 5 community update, and whilst reading down the Top Players by Playlist section I recognized a name which brought a smile to my face.

My man Poshy doing work.
I don't think he's playing Destiny anymore

I don't think he's playing Destiny anymore

He plays it occasionally, gabes pretty much given up. I also get the impression that Triple would give it up tomorrow. though he'd probably be successful whatever he plays. Goth is starting to play different games as well, the winds of change are a coming

Jabronium

Just cause I haven't done any of the raids before and don't have any friends that play the game. I'm thinking it'll be tough to find a group of people online that'd want to put someone in the raid that hasn't gone through it at least once.

While many folks here have moved on to hard mode (or Trials this weekend), there are still more than a few normal mode runs that get put together regularly. Just be transparent about it being your first run--everyone I've run with so far has been great at explaining mechanics and being patient during the learning phases.

Not at all. I've seen a lot of people here who have no problems raiding with someone who is new to King's Fall. I, myself have done quite a few raids with first-timers. I think Hawkian does newbie raids on a regular basis too.

Having said that, it'll be difficult (though not impossible) to get a group together this weekend, what with all the excitement about Trials of Osiris.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
305 Ghost and 2 Motes of Light from Nightfall. Awesome..

Other dude got 265 boots and the other 305 Ghost and 4 Strange Coins.

I'm glad though I finally have the legendary ghost which picks up Helium Filaments. Set complete so no need to farm.

taoofjord

Thanks for the heads up! I don't think I'll have time for the raid this weekend but I think I'll try for next.

As fas as strange coins go, do they drop as frequently on the level 28 PoE as they do on the other levels?

Future

No ones asking for it to be easy but there has to be some balance with it, I don't know what they can do bar either bring the old system back and suck up people getting carried or stick flawless into there own pool.

Either way it just highlights the mess that Crucibles in, look at they way Halo does it https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-posts/enter-the-arena if you get the structure right from the start it makes dealing with balancing etc going forward so much easier. Destiny will always suffer as theres no real structure in place

That sounds awesome. Remind me again why destiny has no ranking system whatsoever? :( is it because it's a loot game or something. Looks like I can't continue ignoring halo

E92 M3

He plays it occasionally, gabes pretty much given up. I also get the impression that Triple would give it up tomorrow. though he'd probably be successful whatever he plays. Goth is starting to play different games as well, the winds of change are a coming

Yeah, that's kinda sad. I really want to see Destiny continually prosper. It's become one of my all time favorites.

Ranking system brings out the worst from everyone. In Halo people quit all the time. It's nice that Destiny can be played without concerns for ranking. Especially since I play crucible solo, unless it's trials.

Mind elaborating? Internet has been horrible lately so can't watch any streams.

Born2Live

Stick around here and you'll start to build up a solid friends list with Destiny players. People here are always willing to take newbies through the raid, even taking time to explain the mechanics of each fight. Keep an I out for people starting groups and get your name down.

Ty

phen0m24

In the vein of my parents went to Disney and all I got was this lousy tshirt:

I beat Oryx on hard and all I got was this 310 tshirt

Lol

In the vein of my parents went to Disney and all I got was this lousy tshirt:

I beat Oryx on hard and all I got was this 310 tshirt

Lol

I'll do you one better:

I beat Oryx on hard and all I got were 2 Normal drops.

Clarification - 300 Scout (without full auto) and 301 Shottie.

Horohoro

Need to run fears embrace for touch of malice need essence of the feast if anybody can help me blow through it?
PSN: TechMemphis

Is there any word on whether finishing all of the Halloween quests will grant any rewards at the end of the event or anything like that?

Mupod

Need to do Nightfall x3. Join for one or all of them if you want. Mupodpsn

edit: still need one more, but I'll start it up.

A couple questions...

Does the drop rate for strange coins decrease when Xur is around? I've been playing for 4 hours this morning and received 0. I did 6 heroic strikes, court of Oryx, multiple crucible matches, the dailies, and patrol. Just bad luck?

Also, I'm light level 293... outside of the raid, which I won't be able to attempt for a while, can I still find better gear or am I stuck here until I do the raid?
How many motes do you have? Ranking up your faction gets you four strange coins and four more motes plus a legendary item.

E92 M3

Bungie really needs to fix the weapon parts nerf, strange coins and factions being a complete grind. Would it really hurt them if NF gave 500 rep like before? Now, leveling factions is a complete grind.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Another 305 ghost and 285 ghost from Nightfall for the other 2 guys. I got 20 Strange Coins. ;d

X-Frame

Bungie really needs to fix the weapon parts nerf, strange coins and factions being a complete grind. Would it really hurt them if NF gave 500 rep like before? Now, leveling factions is a complete grind.

I agree. I never really pledged to a faction in Year 1 yet am realizing that them getting half rep and there being no big rep boosts like before it making my trip to Rank 25 almost way too far out. I went from Rank 4 to Rank 13 by turning in Motes and Heavy Ammo Synths though, but I'm almost fresh out so that was not sustainable really.

But I think the Weapon Parts drought is the bigger issue personally. I don't know what Bungie was thinking, unless this was their intention. They should not only undue the nerf, but also buff how often we get them. I mean like buff them so they drop either 5x as much or 5x as often.

Or just remove Weapon Parts and therefore their requirements from the entire game. And Armor Materials. What is the real purpose of them?

Anyone have Atheon checkpoint ... Or anyone else needing to do this part of the mission for NTTE? Just now getting a chance to do this quest line

So Supercell and Taikonaut worth it this week?

I'd get Supercell first if you're low on coins. It's a very fun exotic and basically the only elemental primary currently available unless I'm spacing something.

Taikonaut is... okay. Buy it for your collection if you want but don't expect it to be a new "go-to" exotic.

So Supercell and Taikonaut worth it this week?

Supercell is great for trash mobs. Just hold down the trigger and its perks make sure that you don't have to reload until they're all dead.

Taikonaut is.... a bit iffy. Sometimes I have a surplus of Heavy ammo such that I could keep swinging my sword through a complete section without running out and sometimes nothing drops at all. From what I hear, Ruin Wings had the same problem.
However, if you love using rocket launchers, then you should get it.

SpecX

Got the arc exotic sword, that was freaking tough but the randoms I did it with did very good. Now I'm stuck at 299, don't get how but need to try and raid now to push ahead.

Top Bottom