• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT36| Fifty Shades of TTK

Nightz

Got the arc exotic sword, that was freaking tough but the randoms I did it with did very good. Now I'm stuck at 299, don't get how but need to try and raid now to push ahead.

Was trying to get my arc sword last night. The randoms I got kept killing my knight. They also kept dying and eventually gave up. :(

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'd get Supercell first if you're low on coins. It's a very fun exotic and basically the only elemental primary currently available unless I'm spacing something.

Taikonaut is... okay. Buy it for your collection if you want but don't expect it to be a new "go-to" exotic.

Supercell is great for trash mobs. Just hold down the trigger and its perks make sure that you don't have to reload until they're all dead.

Taikonaut is.... a bit iffy. Sometimes I have a surplus of Heavy ammo such that I could keep swinging my sword through a complete section without running out and sometimes nothing drops at all. From what I hear, Ruin Wings had the same problem.
However, if you love using rocket launchers, then you should get it.

Thanks. I was low on coins so I opted for the Supercell only.

bitsurugi

Got all 3 Mercuries. Today the competition is waaaaay easier then yesterday at release. In fact, yesterday's worst teams were on par with today's best.

Big shoutout to my trusty Osiris pro's, who helped me do these flawless runs: Wicked, Rubenov and Gunnerz. You guys are the best.

Loot kinda sucked balls. Ah well, will use it to infuse ToM.

Good matches Royal and Driz.

Trials after 6 wins is just nuts.

Yeah GGs for sure. We weren't going to beat a few of those all-pro teams but we definitely had our chances against a couple average teams. Really wish we would've pulled out the second to last game since we'd have been 8-0 with the Mercy instead of 7-0 w/o it. Once we got matched against that last team it was over before it started.

TyrantII

Anyone want to Sherpa an average player through? I can sometimes hold my own, but my crap internet (or really, their crap latancy) tends to screw me.

RexNovis

Banned
Good matches Royal and Driz.

Trials after 6 wins is just nuts.

Yeah GGs for sure. We weren't going to beat a few of those all-pro teams but we definitely had our chances against a couple average teams. Really wish we would've pulled out the second to last game since we'd have been 8-0 with the Mercy instead of 7-0 w/o it. Once we got matched against that last team it was over before it started.

Yea that least team was nuts. Ah well. Cheers for the run anyways. Was fun :)

Lnkn52

Are you attempting to help carry people through trials 2.0?

Are you attempting to help carry people through trials 2.0?

"Attempting" is the appropriate word. Tried to help 3 different teams over the last however many hours, and every team made it to 7-0 then lost two straight. Just constantly matched against super sweaty pros, such a drag. I'd be up for trying to help more but I really need to run w like Wicked or Rubenov or xo etc otherwise it's a super steep mountain to climb. Blergh.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I got a 303 New Monarchy titan mark from Nightfall and I'm with Dead Orbit. These rewards suck ass. Not even a legendary drop across all 3 runs.

Not even gonna bother with it any more. I get better stuff from 36 strikes.

So guys like Unstable and other PVP magicians, how are you guys performing in Trials ?
Better competition or is the 9-0 flawless still super easy like before ? :)

once you go past 6 wins it feels like the teams you play against are really good.

Lnkn52

"Attempting" is the appropriate word. Tried to help 3 different teams over the last however many hours, and every team made it to 7-0 then lost two straight. Just constantly matched against super sweaty pros, such a drag. I'd be up for trying to help more but I really need to run w like Wicked or Rubenov or xo etc otherwise it's a super steep mountain to climb. Blergh.
Wyl on the attempts.

Hearing about Goth requiring the help of Krafty to make it to the lighthouse sound pretty legit how the matchmaking gets tougher at the end.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Any Sherpas available for the NTTE quest line? I'm late to the party, and at the VoG part.
gt: xGranadier

Tecnniqe

Banned
Its nice, Destiny no longer have its grip around me.

Thanks 343.
Fallout soon as well.

Now on to Destiny, how are Trials holding up?
Anything fancy?

ocean

Banned
A couple questions...

Does the drop rate for strange coins decrease when Xur is around? I've been playing for 4 hours this morning and received 0. I did 6 heroic strikes, court of Oryx, multiple crucible matches, the dailies, and patrol. Just bad luck?

Also, I'm light level 293... outside of the raid, which I won't be able to attempt for a while, can I still find better gear or am I stuck here until I do the raid?
Prison of Elders 28. The chests at the end have a very high chance of giving you 1-3 Strange Coins. Takes maybe 15-20 minutes per run? Not super fast but reliable.

gatti-man

Difficult achievements are difficult. It really doesn't matter who you go up against as long as it feels like a good and close match. Someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Hardcore at time spent in game and managing three characters, maybe. Much less when talking about being hardcore at PVE and PVP, IMO.

Season-based ranked arena would be cool as well since it's probably more exciting to play for something with a bit more persistence than a weekend.

You keep using words that don't mean what you're trying to make them mean. Trials isn't difficult anymore, it was difficult. Now for most of the population trials is IMPOSSIBLE.

You know how many groups get a decent and close match in trials? Lol. We curb stomped any group that wasn't obviously salty elite players. The average player is going to get absolutely destroyed after 2 wins in trials. They say oh we went 4-3 but they really went 2-4 because of boons. Most people reporting their win loss got rocked.

So now most people spend time "managing their characters" not being hardcore? Do you work for Fox News? That's ridiculous. What is there to manage about 3 characters? My 2nd and third get dragged out for raids and nightfalls. That's it.

BTW DGAF I wanted share with this great community that I proposed to my GF of 5 years last night and she said yes!!!

One of the happiest days of my life! We are aiming for the wedding to be next august or September :)

New Trials MM system was a mistake, it's nothing but trash. It takes an already highly competitive mode and strangle-holds it even tighter. It forces people into playing exclusively with their most skilled friends. As if the "elitism/exclusion" issue wasn't bad enough before.

Once you get to 6-7 wins, you know you'll be matched against full sweaty pro teams where the carrying margin for error is razor thin. Often at the expense of reasonable connections with red and yellow bars all over the place. But of course you have to waste an hour+ to even get to that point.

It's simply not fun, the epitome of a "well, it wasn't broken so we 'fixed' it" decision. I have fun playing with many different people of all different skill levels to help them win some matches. Frankly I don't have fun just steam rolling with full teams of high level players, that gets boring quick. Except now they took something already very difficult (carrying) and made it a pain in the neck.

I missed the RNG nature of HoW Mercury runs, where you never knew who'd you face next. Will the Scrub-Lords take pity on us with a scrubby final boss? Or will we have to sweat out all 7 wins? Some flawless runs were a total breeze while some took all the pro mode we could give. Now it's just "okay, we're at 7 wins, prepare for aggravation."

TL;DR: I understand that they wanted to reduce Trials carries. I don't understand why they wanted that.

gatti-man

Yeah. It's a serious issue. They are so worried about "carries" yet have rampant LAG and cheating. It's frustrating. We got matched up against a sub par team and just could not hit the red bar.

This was our one loss as well. If you have a red bar your group should be kicked out of trials. End of story. It's ridiculous red bars get let in at all.

New Trials MM system was a mistake, it's nothing but trash. It takes an already highly competitive mode and strangle-holds it even tighter. It forces people into playing exclusively with their most skilled friends. As if the "elitism/exclusion" issue wasn't bad enough before.

Once you get to 6-7 wins, you know you'll be matched against full sweaty pro teams where the carrying margin for error is razor thin. Often at the expense of reasonable connections with red and yellow bars all over the place. But of course you have to waste an hour+ to even get to that point.

It's simply not fun, the epitome of a "well, it wasn't broken so we 'fixed' it" decision. I have fun playing with many different people of all different skill levels to help them win some matches. Frankly I don't have fun just steam rolling with full teams of high level players, that gets boring quick. Except now they took something already very difficult (carrying) and made it a pain in the neck.

I missed the RNG nature of HoW Mercury runs, where you never knew who'd you face next. Will the Scrub-Lords take pity on us with a scrubby final boss? Or will we have to sweat out all 7 wins? Some flawless runs were a total breeze while some took all the pro mode we could give. Now it's just "okay, we're at 7 wins, prepare for aggravation."

TL;DR: I understand that they wanted to reduce Trials carries. I don't understand why they wanted that.

Exactly. Now I can't even play with my friends. They aren't good enough and that sucks :( They aren't bad we went 9-0 every time we wanted to in old trials.

Top Bottom