• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

neoism

Dark Below was completed in 9 weeks, but as we all know, at least some resources were existed in an unfinished state when Destiny Launched.

The second studio thing is the interesting part. I wonder what content they're more likely to outsource.

damn in all honesty that's kind of sad, when you look at TDB it has the three worst maps in the game had three shitty short missions and the shortest and easiest raid....
bungie first priority for destiny 2 should be fixing their engine so it doesn't take a week to move a little object or whatever... not sure why they would make an eninge soo hard to use...:/

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Is it just me, or does it seem like Bungie is trying to sabotage their own game? It's like they want us to stop playing. These events cannot sustain this player base.

Trakan

I'm going to go ahead and give you the anecdote of myself to counter your argument. I got TTK about a week and a half after launch, play pretty often (up until last week it was the only game I was playing actually) and I still don't have ToM, am only LL 306/7, still want IB gear, still want Trials gear, still want the exotic DO class item, still want to do challenge mode clears, etc...

None of this is due to lack of interest or being bored with the game. And while I have complaints about certain things, I'm not personally unhappy with the game overall. Someone like me, appears to be a rarity here (I wasn't unhappy with the game in Y1 either) but with the stats that Bungie has released about the playerbase, I can't imagine I'm a rarity within the playerbase as a whole, in terms of being ok with the game rather than unhappy.

I fully understand there are some people who fit into what you're describing, but I don't think it's a majority. If Bungie is catering content to people who play 1-2 times a week, I think that's a terrible way to do it.

Do you specifically have multiple characters? You said you raid. You want the DO class item which means A LOT of PVP. These aren't things the average player has/does.

Ghazi

Is it just me, or does it seem like Bungie is trying to sabotage their own game? It's like they want us to stop playing. These events cannot sustain this player base.
They probably aren't trying to keep people hooked forever? It seems like they're ok with people leaving to go play other games until their next major release, which is smart.

Disappointed to hear about the evemt stuff. I will not be supporting this sparrow nonsense

I won't be either. I'm not angry about it, but I'm definitely not a fan of what appears to be their Y2 strategy of nickel and dimeing the player base (even moreso than they did with that joke of a season pass Y1). It's crazy to me people are eating this stuff up though so I can't really knock Bungie; many were foaming at the mouth for that Thriller dance at Halloween. Eh whatever...

I fully understand there are some people who fit into what you're describing, but I don't think it's a majority. If Bungie is catering content to people who play 1-2 times a week, I think that's a terrible way to do it.

Do you specifically have multiple characters? You said you raid. You want the DO class item which means A LOT of PVP. These aren't things the average player has/does.

I have 3 characters. Only had one at max level until about 3 weeks ago (and that second character used the Level 25 boost). I do raid rarely due to time investment and scheduling required (bungie.net says I have 11 clears lifetime), I rarely do NF, or Daily PvE missions. Rarely did the Weekly Strike when that was a thing. I play more Crucible than I do any PvE activity and I'm still only like.. Rank 23 DO, Rank 4 FWC, and Rank 0 NM and Rank 6 Vanguard.

I've played a lot less since Destiny came out than probably the majority of DGAF but still have completed/advanced a lot more than a casual player on average.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
They probably aren't trying to keep people hooked forever? It seems like they're ok with people leaving to go play other games until their next major release, which is smart.

A fine strategy, I'm sure. You don't want people to get burned out and there's only so much manpower, time and money to go around. But I feel like they might be straining this approach a bit with the amount of time we're looking at.

At this point, you'd think Trials would give out 320 gear.

Yes, I am the person who does things for loot.

inb4 Ape starting complaining about Trials shaders...oh wait, that's me!

Bungie, just let the shaders be tied to something I can work for!

"Play 100 matches of Trials!"

"Win X number of Trials games!"

SOMETHING other than RNG.

Patch notes are up.

IMG_0264.GIF

What was the point of leaving all our Year 1 stuff behind if there's jack shit to do in Year 2? Bring back VoG and CE at max light levels. PoE too, while your at it.

Fuck yeah!

Exotic Collector's Edition class armor may now be Infused and now has the Life Exotic perk to permit use with other Exotic Armor

Nightfall
Nightfalls now awards +500 Vanguard Rep on first completion per character per week

Crucible
General
3 of Coins are now applicable in Crucible playlists at match completions​

LTWood12

Dragon’s Breath
Remove Pyromancer and Tripod perks
Replaced with Surplus and Who’s Next
Add intrinsic perk Napalm: Rocket fires on a remote detonation trigger
Hold to trigger to fire, release trigger to detonate
Detonation drops a Solar Damage napalm canister
Reduced projectile speed to help timing of the trigger release. Reduce detonation radius of initial rocket. Reduce mag size to 1, increase Inventory

squadr0n

is anyone else just sitting at a downloading update file screen with a bar that isnt moving at all?

NVM, just noticed im downloading the fallout update first.

Deku Tree

Fuck yeah!

Exotic Collector's Edition class armor may now be Infused and now has the Life Exotic perk to permit use with other Exotic Armor​

Does it let you level up your level (to get those five extra motes of light) faster? I forgot the specifics of what it does... Might end up just wearing that one all the time lol.

Jinjo

Fuck yeah!

Exotic Collector's Edition class armor may now be Infused and now has the Life Exotic perk to permit use with other Exotic Armor

Nightfall
Nightfalls now awards +500 Vanguard Rep on first completion per character per week

Crucible
General
3 of Coins are now applicable in Crucible playlists at match completions​

That first one! Collector's Edition purchase redeemed!

Strikes

Will of Crota strike has been added to the Vanguard Strikes and Vanguard Heroic Strikes playlists

General

3 of Coins are now applicable in Crucible playlists at match completions

cool

Audio
Fixed an issue where all sound was too loud across the game​

A CELL! FROM THE PRISON OF ELDERS!

People, when quoting the patch, please use the
function rather than the Quote function. It makes subsequent quoting easier.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom