• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Why are people having problems doing CM? The fight is arguably easier if you do CM imo.
Yeah, it's the teleporting Ogres/Bombs. It's still possible to recover if you let the bomb get eaten, but all that is happening exactly when Oryx runs his stagger check and it's tricky.
Also I've been convinced of Daughter Platform roaming DPS superiority. It's much safer to kill the Ogres from up there and then drop down when the brand arrives.

The key to preventing the Ogres from teleporting is overwhelming DPS. If everyone kicks in DPS then hits their respective knight it should be no problem. One of my attempts had a group of bombs get eaten (bad adapting on my part) and we still completed it on the first try with 5. When everyone is running high light level weapons the Ogres simply don't stand a chance.

Ogres must die before they even consider taking a step.

recks

Teleporting ogres and blight.
I did CM ~8 times this week and didn't see a single ogre/blight teleport.

Why do people have trouble with Oryx? Sometimes Epic Scrub Sax must be played.

The one thing about CM is that it can create the teleporting Orge/blight glitch which can really screw you over and is very unfortunate.
Isn't the fight the same with the optional CM? Wonder why people are having problems with teleporting ogres/bombs now, if supposedly there should be no changes on the fight.

LTWood12

Why do people have trouble with Oryx? Sometimes Epic Scrub Sax must be played.

The one thing about CM is that it can create the teleporting Orge/blight glitch which can really screw you over and is very unfortunate.

At it takes is one person doing something dumb. Walking right up the shade dome of death, waiting too long to head to the aura trying to take out Knights, clear ads, etc. we almost had it first try tonight but it ended up taking over an hour. Thanks so much for helping out Doc. Especially enjoyed doing the
heavy ammo glitch at Crota for old times sake.

Thanks to T-44, Dorssum, Lnkn, and tick as well!

The key to preventing the Ogres from teleporting is overwhelming DPS.

I feel like this is the case, though I can't say for certain since I've never been a part of a run with a teleporting Ogre. I'm sure it feels cheap, but if it's a sort of hidden constraint, then people will just need to work with that additional rule in mind. Assuming it's consistent, I don't think it would be fair to claim the game is glitching. For instance, you can kill an enemy with the brand at Warpriest after the game has decided you were too late. It feels cheap, but it's the way the game works. If a problem can be controlled by the players doing more DPS, then I would think this is much ado about very little.

recks

I feel like this is the case, though I can't say for certain since I've never been a part of a run with a teleporting Ogre. I'm sure it feels cheap, but if it's a sort of hidden constraint, then people will just need to work with that additional rule in mind. Assuming it's consistent, I don't think it would be fair to claim the game is glitching. For instance, you can kill an enemy with the brand at Warpriest after the game has decided you were too late. It feels cheap, but it's the way the game works. If a problem can be controlled by the players doing more DPS, then I would think this is much ado about very little.
Remember to look up the thing.

Isn't the fight the same with the optional CM? Wonder why people are having problems with teleporting ogres/bombs now, if supposedly there should be no changes on the fight.

The fight itself is the same but the CM-required strat is not. Forcing players to stack the blights creates the teleportation glitch. If you have a few blights already stacked up, you have to kill the next Ogres quickly or else they can be teleported. Essentially the game can't find space for them since the other blights are already there so they end up teleporting usually towards the center of the map.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
37 OT's late, I must say: This game is way better than I anticipated. Glad I went for it for 30 bucks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
People aren't executing either. They know exactly what they should do but for some reason they get sidetracked. There are a lot of things going on at once and it's not easy for people to adjust to fast reactions. Plus the more you play with people, the easier it is to do things. Playing with different people will require getting use to timings with them.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
The moment of happiness when Oryx drops a Helm, but it's only 316 :(

Edit: 320 Doom with Full Auto is nice though.

holy shit lol!!! That sux man...I managed to get a stupid raid helmet from once and for all...at 320. so happy its all over...for today...

Saw The Force Awakens last night.

Troy-Community-Emotions.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Biutiful! ;_;

Yeah, it's the teleporting Ogres/Bombs. It's still possible to recover if you let the bomb get eaten, but all that is happening exactly when Oryx runs his stagger check and it's tricky.
Also I've been convinced of Daughter Platform roaming DPS superiority. It's much safer to kill the Ogres from up there and then drop down when the brand arrives.

The key to preventing the Ogres from teleporting is overwhelming DPS. If everyone kicks in DPS then hits their respective knight it should be no problem. One of my attempts had a group of bombs get eaten (bad adapting on my part) and we still completed it on the first try with 5. When everyone is running high light level weapons the Ogres simply don't stand a chance.

Ogres must die before they even consider taking a step.

The way you wrote that almost makes me feel sorry for the Ogres... almost lol.

AngerdX

Bah, i´m going to miss the challange mode it seems this week, i just can´t get into playing anything atm, about to upgrade the PC and been sifting thru prices and ordering and all that comes with that, hoping to be done by sunday so i might get a chance to finish up before reset, starting 19 days off so got plenty time after heh

deadduck

Tried to play with TLW for a few hours last night, its better, not its old self but something is still not clicking with me. Despite trying hipfire only I'm still losing to it and not quite finding its range.

Back to a pulse for trials this weekend.

maomaoIYP

Any guesses for Xur? I don't think most of us care anymore, but I'm bored at work, waiting to knock off.
Armamentarium
Tarentella
Ram
Primary engram

Jinjo

Damn, this confirms I'm actually getting old. Did a reaction test about 8 years ago and I was more consistently around 220-240 milliseconds. Now I struggle for a 350. The fastest reaction time a human being can perform is around 180-200 milliseconds iirc, due to limitations of the nervous system.

Not sure why it says Unstabie is not human with a reaction time of 245 milliseconds, as that is still within human ranges.

Any guesses for Xur? I don't think most of us care anymore, but I'm bored at work, waiting to knock off.
Armamentarium
Tarentella
Ram
Primary engram

Glove engrams and everything but Twilight Garrison.

Those who haven't seen Star Wars yet, probably stay away from Destiny as well, not just social media.

Just saw one person in tower with a clan tag that spoiled a major plot point in the movie.

Jinjo

You need one? I decrypted 2 engrams hoping for an armamentarium and got 2 twilights instead.

Not need, but want lol. Had two chest engrams in one day this weekend. Would have loved an Armamentarium too, but everything decrypted into lupi's man. :(

Those who haven't seen Star Wars yet, probably stay away from Destiny as well, not just social media.

Just saw one person in tower with a clan tag that spoiled a major plot point in the movie.

Wow, what a douche. Thanks for the headsup. Thankfully (I guess?) I'm at work all day and going immediately after.

maomaoIYP

Not need, but want lol. Had two chest engrams in one day this weekend. Would have loved an Armamentarium too, but everything decrypted into lupi's man. :(

Wow, what a douche. Thanks for the headsup. Thankfully (I guess?) I'm at work all day and going immediately after.
Ooof, I feel you man. I wanted a tarantella a few days ago and got another lupi too. I bought my Arma and burnt three 310s to make it a 310 in the end.

For those avoiding Star Wars spoilers. Keep away from the bungie destiny forums. I had a quick look this morning and the trolls are out in force.

Skullfort
Symbiote
Praxic fire
Hard Light
Legacy special

When did he last sell armour engrams? It seems like forever, probably one of those "bugs" Edit I should imagine it's deliberate now most people are 310+ got to keep people grinding

Jinjo

Ooof, I feel you man. I wanted a tarantella a few days ago and got another lupi too. I bought my Arma and burnt three 310s to make it a 310 in the end.

Yeah I might just do that for Arma too.

Skullfort
Symbiote
Praxic fire
Hard Light
Legacy special

When did he last sell armour engrams? It seems like forever, probably one of those "bugs"

Hmm, I'll take the Achlyophage & Hard Light I guess. Can infuse both up to 310'ish immediately anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom