• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Made this quick to compare the PS exclusive set to the current IB set

Current set on top
Exclusive on bottom

nK9Ybxh.png

It's tough because that foes against the loot aspect of the game. As much as I'd like Destiny to be more competitively balanced I think a mode like that would make it a different game. As for 60fps I wouldn't hold your breath. Bungie has historically chose 30fps for their games. As long as it's solid like it is right now I won't be disappointed, but I would definitely prefer 60.

You gotta look at games nowadays though. Battlefeild/front, cod, halo, uncharted everything is heading twords 60 and Destiny is still at 30. When I switch from H5 to Destiny it feels bad. With dropping 360/ps3 and 2 years of optimizations they might be able to pull it off.

Namikaze1

What the hell?

Okay this artifact has Intellect and Strength yet its two perks increases Intellect or Discipline. Turning the Increasing Discipline perk on gives me max Intellect. While turning Increase Intellect on adds in Strength to the artifact.

This shit is broken.

You gotta look at games nowadays though. Battlefeild/front, cod, halo, uncharted everything is heading twords 60 and Destiny is still at 30. When I switch from H5 to Destiny it feels bad. With dropping 360/ps3 and 2 years of optimizations they might be able to pull it off.

Yeah I agree it feels bad. I've been playing metal gear recently and even that isn't a game where 60fps is crucial it still feels super weird to hop into Destiny and have such a dramatic difference in performance. Bungie can definitely pull it off, I'm just inclined to believe they'll prioritize graphics over framerate though I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Namikaze1

The Warlock one is exactly the same. I noticed that after doing Warpriest CM, and just said fuck it and infused it into my 310 one :)
I got this on Tuesday. It dropped showing maxed Intellect not this Intellect/Strength crap. I demand a refund dammit!

I demand to see your supervisor, Oryx!

But for real, I only just noticed this now. It did drop with max intellect though. That I know.

E92 M3

Again, no one is saying the state of the sniper rifles is turning players into top level players. Krafty will always be better, no matter the change. He's a highly skilled player. don't use the top percentile of the skill distribution as a comparison to how this would affect the average player. Hell, watch crafty stream. He constantly comments how stupidly broken the 1000 yard stare is, giving him kills he has no business making.

Yes, Destiny is fun in its own way. It is also incredibly frustrating to deal with the crap in pvp until it's fixed. Hammer of Sol was amazingly fun for people playing sunbreaker before it was addressed. It wasn't very fun for everyone else in the game. Again, your fun is often at the expense of the fun of others. That's why pvp modes actually need to be balanced.

Also, stop using halo as a comparison for extremely competitive play. Your using "this isn't halo" in the same why people would use "this isn't CoD", albeit for criticism of competitively focused multiplayer instead of purely casual.

To each their own. I come from the school of thought when everything is broken it becomes balanced. That's why MW2 is still one of the best shooters on consoles ever. People could play however they wanted to and have fun. Sorry Destiny makes you frustrated, but we've all been killed by cheap stuff. It was also completely satisfying to wipe out 7 people in one Sunbreaker super.

I'm tired of nerfs. Simple as that. You have your OPINION and I have mine. Honestly, PVP is probably in one of the most boring states right now because of all the nerfs.

Most importantly, the nerfs change the PVE side as well. Until the two modes are separated I will continue to be a very vocal opponent.

IB_Sony_Gear.jpg

PS exclusive IB gear

That Hunter cloak looks significantly less cool. It doesn't look like chain mail. It looks like it's knit wool. The scarf along the neck does help. Of course, how can you beat the current wolf's head cloak?

The Titan helmet is also bad in my opinion. I don't want to be wearing a little grill. :-/

The only thing I want is the Titan class mark which is an improvement over the one we have now which looks like a faded t-shirt.

That Hunter cloak looks significantly less cool. It doesn't look like chain mail. It looks like it's knit wool. The scarf along the neck does help. Of course, how can you beat the current wolf's head cloak?

The Titan helmet is also bad in my opinion. I don't want to be wearing a little grill. :-/

The only thing I want is the Titan class mark which is an improvement over the one we have now which looks like a faded t-shirt.

I like the cloak and helm for hunter. Titan mark is also good. The other three look ok. Either way more variety is good.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I know the fight, groups haven't been able to pull it off though

as long as you know the fight, the better...gettin 2 titans would be great...Im gettin my warlock to beat it now..invite me whenever you're good to go

Holy shit getting to SRL Rank 3 is a grind.

Double up on daily bounties to make it to rank 3 faster.

I miss clash. :(

Clash games were faster and that was a big bonus. Control can have those annoying moments when randoms capture the wrong point, flip spawns and turn a win into a loss.

Also there will be less players this time I believe, keeping IB during the new year week is a stupid decision. SRL could have been a week shorter and IB could have started next week on the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom