• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT41| Don't Worry, Leave Happy

shermas

Oh god I just re-installed and I have zero idea what's going on, getting Triumph prompts, there's apparently Sparrow Horns now, I got an emblem for reasons I don't understand and I have NO idea what I was doing skill or gear-wise; I appear to have been leveling exotic armors or something? I hate coming back to loot games like this after long absences lol

Edit: oh god what
This is the funniest post.. Those boxes are just cosmetic gear. Don't stress. Whatever you do, you'll end up raising your light level

McArkus

Yeah, I don't see it. And I'm reading above people having similar issues.

Edit: I guess you can try searching for me and joining the fireteam if that's possible. I have no idea.

Tried to send a new FR but it says that you are already on my friend list but cant find you on the friends list or destiny roster, LOL, looks like the servers are wonky right now, will try to reset the ps4? that may help.

Tried to send a new FR but it says that you are already on my friend list but cant find you on the friends list or destiny roster, LOL, looks like the servers are wonky right now, will try to reset the ps4? that may help.
Try searching for me and see if you can join the fireteam or party chat.

Edit: Sent you a party invite. Maybe you can see that.

Edit 2: Mission accomplished. Thanks, Dthomp, for helping out.

phen0m24

Exhales

I know we eventually move past grief and time heals all wounds, but reading Lauren's post and playing tonight with my son...

Gosh Drizz, I miss you, buddy. Watching you guys do Trials, spamming genewut, lurking, grabbing people for raids and everything....

"No worries"

:cry:

MrDaravon

Okay, so as far as I can tell half (?) of the gear out of the Sterling Treasure bags has the Chroma nodes which is essentially just a way for you to re-roll them with different colors as you chose, then the other half of the gear is a different vanity set without the Chroma correct? And all of it's at 3 Defense, so I'm assuming the idea here is you get a set/color that you like and Infuse it up to viable levels?

Also holy shit I need to figure out what the fuck I was doing with my vault space, as far as I can tell I kept one of every Raid armor/gun but that seems impractical. At the very least I could probably ditch all of the King's Fall stuff I'm not actively using since everything I have was from launch on normal only so anything now is going to roll higher if nothing else anyway (all 3 of my characters are between I think 295 and 303ish).

Edit: I'm gonna have to sleep on this and figure this all out in the morning, starting this at midnight was probably a bad idea lol. IIRC since LL goes up to 335 now all of these 290-300ish exotics are probably outclassed now. I was so happy with a couple of the 310 things I had lol. Afraid to start sharding stuff until I get my bearings back though, don't want to shard something I'll regret, although the benefit of coming back after such a long absence AND there being an expansion next month means it's probably impossible to screw myself over since everything is going to be outclassed soon anyway.

Dthomp

Okay, so as far as I can tell half (?) of the gear out of the Sterling Treasure bags has the Chroma nodes which is essentially just a way for you to re-roll them with different colors as you chose, then the other half of the gear is a different vanity set without the Chroma correct? And all of it's at 3 Defense, so I'm assuming the idea here is you get a set/color that you like and Infuse it up to viable levels?

Also holy shit I need to figure out what the fuck I was doing with my vault space, as far as I can tell I kept one of every Raid armor/gun but that seems impractical. At the very least I could probably ditch all of the King's Fall stuff I'm not actively using since everything I have was from launch on normal only so anything now is going to roll higher if nothing else anyway (all 3 of my characters are between I think 295 and 303ish).

Edit: I'm gonna have to sleep on this and figure this all out in the morning, starting this at midnight was probably a bad idea lol. IIRC since LL goes up to 335 now all of these 290-300ish exotics are probably outclassed now. I was so happy with a couple of the 310 things I had lol. Afraid to start sharding stuff until I get my bearings back though, don't want to shard something I'll regret, although the benefit of coming back after such a long absence AND there being an expansion next month means it's probably impossible to screw myself over since everything is going to be outclassed soon anyway.

Shard anything you don't see yourself wanting to infuse up. Infusion is 1 to 1 now so you can easily get your guns all up to 335 without a ton of headache. Use 3 of Coins from Xur to get higher exotics to either infuse or shard. It's not hard, plus when IB comes around for ROI that'll be a way to level up 2 armor and 2 guns up plus potential ghosts.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
They got Drizzed.

drtgrtrt.gif

Drizzed: Getting sniped

Haven't played Destiny in nearly a year and I was on Xbox so I never had the pleasure but I knew Drizzay was a huge fixture to Dgaf and seemed like an amazing guy in general. Really sad news to come in here to, didn't even know what was going on until I saw his wife's update.

RIP Drizzay.

Wow, I got punched in the stomach.

The last time I played with Drizzay was when "Lost in Light" was the daily mission a while back.

Sigh...

Thanks again, that went really smooth.
Yeah, it did. Surprising, since I had no idea what was going on, and was making it up on the way. Thanks to you and Dthomp for carrying me through that!

todd360

Exhales

I know we eventually move past grief and time heals all wounds, but reading Lauren's post and playing tonight with my son...

Gosh Drizz, I miss you, buddy. Watching you guys do Trials, spamming genewut, lurking, grabbing people for raids and everything....

"No worries"

I never really played much with him and I don't even feel like playing destiny again until the dlc comes out. Destiny is sadness right now. His wife's message is tear inducing. I feel so bad for her. They just got married. Life is really unfair sometimes.

We have to make sure we have as much fun as possible with the dlc and always make time to help out fellow gaffers.

I never really played much with him and I don't even feel like playing destiny again until the dlc comes out. Destiny is sadness right now. His wife's message is tear inducing. I feel so bad for her. They just got married. Life is really unfair sometimes.

We have to make sure we have as much fun as possible with the dlc and always make time to help out fellow gaffers.

I'm the opposite. I felt an urge to jump in Destiny again after hearing what happened. Here I am, having levelled another hunter.

~~~
So CoE, is it soloable?

Exhales

"No worries"

We're here buddy anytime, anywhere. Keep the memory alive by having fun and helping gaffers in need.

Exhales

"No worries"

Yeah it's hard for me too, bro.

When I get back home and Trials is out, or when ROI comes out, I'll be sad. I know he wouldnt want us too, but I won't be able to help it. The Gamescom reveal made me hyped for the first time for ROI and then now I feel empty inside.

Lauren's message + the tribute video 😭😭😭

GutZ31

This is pretty much my way of dealing with the loss.
I feel like helping others was what Drizzay did best, so filling a little of that void he left is the least I can try to do, however small it maybe.

@ The Flowers for Drizzay GoFundMe said:
I just got this message from Lauren and she wanted me to share it with everyone:

Dear Destiny Community,

I didn't know you, but I knew a lot about you. Allen (my darling Dr. Drizzay) used to tell me "bed time stories" to help me sleep that were usually all about Destiny and the people he was playing with. His voice helped me sleep. I may not have been able to hear you, but I could hear him laughing at your jokes from the next room. Thank you so much for your incredibly kind words, support, and generosity in helping his family and I cope with how much we miss him. He cared about you very much, and would have been so honored to be in your thoughts.

Thank you, with love,
Lauren (DrDrizzay's wife)

Once again I am crying for a man, and his family I never met face to face.

Dalek

I finally finished the "The Mountaintop" quest line and Triumph. Feels good, man. Only one triumph left-I just need to do the Warpriesr challenge this week.

Day 15: Have almost soloed Undying Mind. Keep dying at Undying Mind. It sure is living up to it's name. Maybe require 'Undying' weaponry..?

That was a tough one, but I was able to do it. High impact fusion rifle is really effective against minotaurs. Sunsinger res kept me alive. I think I used Bad Juju or Grasp as my primary.

Easy mode for undying mind is exotic solar sword and nightstalker. When the large groups of majors teleport in bow them and then go to town with the sword. Everything dies quickly and you make loads of orbs for your team-mates. Then it's a matter of chipping away at the boss with snipers.

That was a tough one, but I was able to do it. High impact fusion rifle is really effective against minotaurs. Sunsinger res kept me alive. I think I used Bad Juju or Grasp as my primary.

Easy mode for undying mind is exotic solar sword and nightstalker. When the large groups of majors teleport in bow them and then go to town with the sword. Everything dies quickly and you make loads of orbs for your team-mates. Then it's a matter of chipping away at the boss with snipers.

I was a titan

Things didn't not go well

@_@

I was a titan

Things didn't not go well

@_@

Blessing of light bubble and solar exotic sword. As you go into the boss area head to the left and hide behind the big block there. only gives the enemies 2 paths to you. Gives you plenty of cover and radar means you'll see them coming long before they have line of sight on you.

Blessing of light bubble and solar exotic sword. As you go into the boss area head to the left and hide behind the big block there. only gives the enemies 2 paths to you. Gives you plenty of cover and radar means you'll see them coming long before they have line of sight on you.

I'll have to give it a shot.

First, I'll have to get an exotic sword....

noomi

Played my first game of crucible in some time last night with my hunter.

Used the Jade Rabbit, 100yard stare, and raid heavy. Am I doing it right?

I actually didn't to as terrible as I thought I would. Dat .96 KD :p

Need more practice

Ji66a-Man

Raze Lighter with Void Burn on? There's a better option with Dark Drinker.

phen0m24

We're here buddy anytime, anywhere. Keep the memory alive by having fun and helping gaffers in need.

Yeah it's hard for me too, bro.

When I get back home and Trials is out, or when ROI comes out, I'll be sad. I know he wouldnt want us too, but I won't be able to help it. The Gamescom reveal made me hyped for the first time for ROI and then now I feel empty inside.

Lauren's message + the tribute video 😭😭😭

This is pretty much my way of dealing with the loss.
I feel like helping others was what Drizzay did best, so filling a little of that void he left is the least I can try to do, however small it maybe.

Once again I am crying for a man, and his family I never met face to face.

Thanks guys. Much appreciated. I know we're all going through it in our own way. Very much like Todd said, DrDrizzay was in some ways, Destiny for me. Almost didn't want to venture into it without him. But like you all said, will try to make more friends and help more people.

Played my first game of crucible in some time last night with my hunter.

Used the Jade Rabbit, 100yard stare, and raid heavy. Am I doing it right?

I actually didn't to as terrible as I thought I would. Dat .96 KD :p

Need more practice

Noomi try Mida you may like it better. But the rest, yup you're meta. ;)

Raze Lighter with Void Burn on? There's a better option with Dark Drinker.

Spin to win. Used it last night.

That Sleeper SImulant quest is a PITA but it was so worth it. When Entropy's Pinnacle came up in dailies the battle at the end used to give me a really hard time. But today, even at 290 light this thing took the Echo out in 5 shots.

Top Bottom