• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Did all story missions, ranked up to lvl 40, but only earned 1 legendary weapon and 25 marks so far. Seeing how a piece of armor costs 150 was a bummer.
I'll treat myself to an extended gaming session today, hoping that I'll get lucky and reach a high enough light-lvl to do the nightfall/heroic strike next week and then maybe join a newbie king's fall raid.

the gear at the faction vendors is also only sold for le-marks, right?
how about the gunsmith? you can "preorder" le-weapons there now for glimmer?

EDIT: Y1 exotics and exotic shards are mostly useless now, aren't they? useless as in: can't upgrade them to y2 lvls.

EDIT2: you need keys to open chests on the dreadnaught?

Have you ran all the side quests? Some of those give legendary rewards with really good weapons.

Yes the gunsmith does let you pre-order weapons for glimmer. Always worth buying a few early on just to get some weapons you like. You should also use all the test weapons the gunsmith has to level him up. Ranking up each character with him unlocks a quest to get a legendary weapon, and an exotic.

Generally just work your way through any quest steps you can and the loot will rain down on you. My best advice would be to not use any materials to level up factions or upgrade gear you won't use for long. Once RoI drops you will be able to dump all those materials onto new content.

Although I'm super jealous cause I have never gotten a Gjally, and need that Crux for my Necro it was alot of fun. Thanks to everybody that joined up, had alot of fun and loved seeing Taco react to my Twilight Garrison/Maulers baby blue setup on my titan . I will be looking to do this x 3 again after reset. Probably should tackle VOG a couple more times this week for more chances of exotic year 1s I missed. (Mostly heavy weapons and specials)

That was fun! Need to do more retro raids for a change. Good games everyone.

yeah, that was the most fun ive had playing destiny in a while lol. maybe Dthomp is right, Year 1 is more fun. or maybe its because we run through these pretty fast.

cant believe i forgot to get the atheon checkpoint. thats like a 30 second boss fight.
It really was.

I would be down for more, and not because I converted all of my Ascendant Energy into Motes of Light, not realizing I would need them to upgrade Eidolon's Ally to the Necrochasm, lol.

Edit: Also, checked to make sure, but I apparently got Drizzay's favorite gun. I'll be sure to use it next time I hop on a Kadey train.

Thanks so much to NeOak, Jafku, GutZ31, blacksalad_, EL_CriKiX_787, and also Hawkian for the movie raid yesterday evening. Everything went smooth and it felt like a breeze honestly.

robo

So the ocd is starting to grind now.

Warlock just cm golgaroth next week and 28% on last word crucible quest, after that she is complete. Not fused about first curse quest.

Hunter. Needs vog for fwc quest. Sisters and oryx for those two quest lines to finish.
Still not git my 4th fusion core to start sleeper stimulant quest.

Titan kf raid all of it for the two quests lines. Vog for fwc quest. 20 more sword kills in crucible for next step.

Like to get them all done before RoI.

After that it's RoI full on rank up party time.

So the ocd is starting to grind now.

Warlock just cm golgaroth next week and 28% on last word crucible quest, after that she is complete. Not fused about first curse quest.

Hunter. Needs vog for fwc quest. Sisters and oryx for those two quest lines to finish.
Still not git my 4th fusion core to start sleeper stimulant quest.

Titan kf raid all of it for the two quests lines. Vog for fwc quest. 20 more sword kills in crucible for next step.

Like to get them all done before RoI.

After that it's RoI full on rank up party time.

Ive been going through the same thing. Waiting for The First Curse, still need to do The Last Word quest, my titan needs 2 more gunsmith weeks for his exotic.

Still not 335 but close! Just finished year 2 book. Hopefully all will be 335 by RoI but not like it'll matter by then.

daedalius

When did Bungie start incorporating modifiers such as Void Burn, Small Arms, etc into the Heroic Strike Playlist? April Update? This is something I always wanted but wish they would take it a step further and pick four different modifiers at random per strike instead of weekly (I'm assuming they're weekly as they have been the same for a couple days at least).

Speaking of raid sparrows, I think instead of a jumping puzzle of sorts in a raid it would be nice to mix things up a bit and have an extended play-space with complicated navigation involving the use of said sparrows.

They did? I'm going to have to jump in and check that out, always loved burns and wished they wouldn't be stuck in only nightfall.

Also gonna miss Drizz's posts :(

GutZ31

Great OP; thanks for putting it together, guys.

Also glad to see a Trials signup list. It really brings me back.

Abrupt topic change:

Anyone know what the deal is with changing from PHYSICAL disc to DIGITAL download?

I have a code for digital vanilla Destiny, but PSN tells me it's not valid. the live chat support guy said the code is good.

Do I have to delete disc-based install before it will let me redeem a digital code?

I saw someone mention it's possible to delete just the "dashboard" bit, rather than delete the entire game and have to redone load all 39 gigs or whatever. Anyone know how to do that?
On the dashboard(XMB;Main Menu), look for Destiny with the disk icon next to it. press options, and delete this.
You may need to delete everything doing this, but we currently don't have a better answer.

After its been deleted, check your library for Destiny downloads, without the Destiny disk in your system, and try to download it from there.

If you have digital codes, put them in now, should be able to download everything together.

If for whatever reason this fails, you will need to delete destiny, and take some extra steps to rebuild the database.

Delete your game again, turn off the PS4, and unplug it for 3 minutes.
After the 3 minutes, plug it back in, press and hold the power button for 7-8 seconds, or until you hear a second beep.
In "Safe Mode", select "Rebuild Database", the system restarts, and takes you back to normal boot to rebuild.
After its done rebuilding, download the game from your library!
Renewed Licenses after the download.
Everything should be fixed.

Moments of Triumph left:
-Challenge Mode Calcified Fragments (Golgoroth, Oryx)

-King's Fall Raid Heroic

-Crucible Quest (6 kills x 4 games Hand Cannon, 9pts Elimination, then the last step The Mountaintop)

Meanwhile I still have exotic quest for The First Curse (Need 7 Precision Kills in Crucible match), No Time To Explain (Need the Eye of Atheon from VoG), and The Chaperone (on the Jolly Holiday portion of the quest) to complete also.
Lots of progress made. This is all that's left mainly. Playing crucible pretty much every day to keep my fingers engaged. If anyone wants to help with anything that'll be great!

Thanks for the wonderful OP, Hawkian, Lnkn52 and JohnOfMars, and to everyone who contributed stories. Drizz was the best. If ever I needed help, either for myself or a friend, Drizz was the person I went to. It's unfathomable that he's not here anymore, since he was everywhere before. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to play Destiny without thinking of him. It's awesome that there's so many videos of him that we can can still watch to remember the player and person that he was. Even on my break from Destiny, I'd put on a twitch stream when him, X, Igor, or Biggy were playing trials and just have it on in the background.

Take care of yourselves, DGaf. I look forward to playing with everyone again when RoI comes out.

Auctopus

Taking part in the Flawless Raider run tonight. However, I haven't played in a while so I thought I'd jump on this afternoon to get a feel for things again.

Only to find an update 1.26 which is 19 fucking gigs? What the hell?

Taking part in the Flawless Raider run tonight. However, I haven't played in a while so I thought I'd jump on this afternoon to get a feel for things again.

Only to find an update 1.26 which is 19 fucking gigs? What the hell?

Seem to remember that being a glitch and it really being around 2gbs.

Clunker

Son just started destiny about 10 days ago. Took him through vault of glass. Gets to exotic chest and gets a gally first time.

I waited 9 months for that damn thing. Lol.
Back when House of Wolves came out, I hadn't done any raiding or used Xur at all, so I went in blind and went through the story missions and first run of PoE.

At the end, when you get that guaranteed exotic? Mine was a Gally, literally the first exotic I'd ever gotten. Had no idea it was good or anything (I wasn't posting here or reading anything on Reddit). I just thought it looked cool.

I casually mentioned this to one of my students who played Destiny hardcore and I thought his eyes were going to fall out of his head.

noomi

Absolutely terrible performance on my part with trials this morning, cat emblem will not be an easy task...

Playing overwatch on PC has totally changed the way I play Destiny now. Even Destiny PvE is challenging, I need to un-learn m+kb. Then re-learn it again when battlefield 1 gets out.

Going to get this day done and try again later.

I wasn't aware of this either. Are the rewards different?

Now that I think about it some more I did have two 334 Imago Loop drops from The Undying Mind and a 335 Baron's Ambition drop from the Fallen S.A.B.E.R. in the Heroic Strike Playlist yesterday although aren't these just normal strike specific drops?

They did? I'm going to have to jump in and check that out, always loved burns and wished they wouldn't be stuck in only nightfall.

Yeah, if you go to Bungie.net, then My Legend and select "Activities" it shows the Weekly Heroic Strike and which modifiers are active. The modifiers are active during every strike played in the Heroic Strike Playlist.

Now that I think about it some more I did have two 334 Imago Loop drops from The Undying Mind and a 335 Baron's Ambition drop from the Fallen S.A.B.E.R. in the Heroic Strike Playlist yesterday although aren't these just normal strike specific drops?
They are. There aren't any new rewards, just the new modifiers.

Anyone from the list around for a try with wicked?

If its someone that doesnt mind not playing ape can play on the account to make it easier.

oSoLucky

Anyone up for a Nightfall or 2? PSN is KC_Darkness. I'm playing on my Xbox account now, but if you shoot a message or friend request, I'll hop over.

Also, when you queue for a strike, are you grouped with people in the playlist? I've always assumed so but not sure.

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Ok, I think I have added everyone. Please let me know if you don't see your name on the list.

I'll be around just here and there via mobile if I have reception but I'm on the road for the next 28ish hours.

Good luck to everyone and have fun.

Feel free to @ me on discord if you need anything. Sunday, I'll be ready to conquer.
Hey there--can you add me to the list as well? I know it's long but maybe with all of the people interested in helping it'll all go quickly. :)

MrDaravon

I added myself to the list below; I hate imposing on folks to get carried but my work schedule is fuuuuuuucked every Friday/Saturday/Sunday pretty much, but if you guys don't get to me no worries! I only have run ToO very early on and got carried to the Lighthouse so I didn't place myself on the virgin list. The only ToO emblems I have are the Prince Sigil and Eye of Osiris, am I reading correctly that the Scarab Heart is a guaranteed unlock for going flawless, then Bastet's Dream/cat emblem is just a chance from the Lighthouse chest?

Also do the Emperor Sigil, Moon of Osiris and Sun of Osiris still drop randomly from matches? I'm missing those ones, internet tells me that's how they dropped.

I really hope that any emblems that are permanently not available once RoI hits are removed from the Kiosk if you don't have them, ocd pls >_>

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- SoullessSHOES
- MrDaravon (PSN, same username and can provide my credentials if you'd like

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Scarletham
- Aarcane (xbox)

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.

todd360

I'm ready for my list duties after I take a shower and eat lunch if we have enough runners for two trains at that point.

Namikaze1

I'm ready for my list duties after I take a shower and eat lunch if we have enough runners for two trains at that point.
Ape and Igor are running with Wicked for a while. I can help you out. We can take someone from the list or get a strong third and have one or two of us play on other people's accounts since the list is pretty long. Fali mentioned eariler on Discord he's willing to help out with runs.

todd360

Ape and Igor are running with Wicked for a while. I can help you out. We can take someone from the list or get a strong third and have one or two of us play on other people's accounts since the list is pretty long. Fali mentioned eariler on Discord he's willing to help out with runs.

Oh cool. I would feel much more confident with you as my second anyways. I'm cooking lunch right now so I'll be ready in about 45 mins I think.

Oh cool. I would feel much more confident with you as my second anyways. I'm cooking lunch right now so I'll be ready in about 45 mins I think.

If you guys need someone to go first I'm happy to volunteer :p I've gone flawless plenty of times, though I haven't played in several months so I may be kind of rusty, so I don't mind if one of you uses my account.

raindoc

currently doing the taken war quests, at the part where I need to kill the three champions in the cosmodrome and I gotta say: I love it when public events stack. while killing the lieutenants in the divide, a fallen walker spawned. near the skywatch the hive v fallen battle started and just as the champion spawned, uzrok made an appearance too.

but fuck that champion in the rocketyard. just disappeared for the 2nd time with just a sliver of health left.

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- SoullessSHOES

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Scarletham
- Aarcane (xbox)

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.
Can I be added to the cat emblem list since I do not have it yet. I can send my info over to one of you all.

I would want to play with you all but I'm stuck with personal obligations until late in the day.

Cat Emblem #3 get for Robo. Also, mercury virgin deflowered!

wMEBgQW.jpg

Starring your dirty aquatic ape as Robo.

I'm leaving to eat lunch and do some other stuff but i'll be back in like 3-4 hours to get the train back on track with wicked :)

Cat Emblem #3 get for Robo. Also, mercury virgin deflowered!

Starring your dirty aquatic ape as Robo.

I'm leaving to eat lunch and do some other stuff but i'll be back in like 3-4 hours to get the train back on track with wicked :)

Hype Hype Hype! GGs! Congrates Robo. You did awesome ;)

Auctopus

Sorry for the late notice but some stuffs come up and I can't do the raid despite needing that flawless raider trophy. Sorry! Definitely next time!

raindoc

Some of these Taken battles are intense - like Omnigul, but with just a tiny bit more space (just did that "end cabal transmission" mission with the final battle on the bridge). I like it, but my coronaries don't.

but I just can't kill that dude in the rocketyard and it seems to be empty no matter how many times i change servers - no other Guardians there. anybody got a couple of mins to help me out? (no mic)

Dave_6

Props to Xplicit, Igor, Ape, Wicked, Todd and anyone else doing the Trials runs! Good stuff you guys are doing!

I've been proudly wearing my cat emblem all week that Drizzay got me :)

Top Bottom