• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Anyone up for a Vault of Glass (lvl 28 easy) raid run in around 3.5 hours (10 CEST)?
I'm a 283 light level titan and never did a raid before so please be patient :)

Finally picked up Destiny again after so long, mostly to take down the Year 2 Triumphs because they seem doable. Just gotta finish up my Arc Sword Quest, do HM King's Fall, complete the Crucible Quest, get a few more Fragments...

Wait, they don't want me to fill out all 30000 of whatever on this Challenge of Elder's scorecard, do they?! o_O

Anyone up for a Vault of Glass (lvl 28 easy) raid run in around 3.5 hours (10 CEST)?

I'd be good for it. Kinda need to take down Atheon for my No Time to Explain Exotic Quest. >_>

And damn, there's an Exotic that looks like the very first gun we wield now? I missed a lot.

deafmedal

If psn I'd be down if available, my buds and I were gonna try a marathon at some point today or tomorrow but not sure when so... lol😝

MrDaravon

Is there an easy reference guide for what you should generally be looking for stats and roll-wise on different weapon types (Impact etc)? Starting to get higher LL purple drops (just got a decent looking 312 Comedian) and I don't remember what I should be keeping an eye out for in terms of rolls/stats.

I'd be good for it. Kinda need to take down Atheon for my No Time to Explain Exotic Quest. >_>

And damn, there's an Exotic that looks like the very first gun we wield now? I missed a lot.

If psn I'd be down if available, my buds and I were gonna try a marathon at some point today or tomorrow but not sure when so... lol😝

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it, I'm on PSN.

10 CEST Vault of glass lvl 28 easy (first run for me)

1. throwawayname
2. ShinoguTakeruKoeru
3. deafmedal1

raindoc

I just can't kill that dude in the rocketyard and it seems to be empty no matter how many times i change servers - no other Guardians there. anybody got a couple of mins to help me out? (no mic)

preparing dinner now, but if anyone would be willing to help later on I'd be glad.

while I'm in the kitchen - any trials stream to watch?

Dave_6

Is there an easy reference guide for what you should generally be looking for stats and roll-wise on different weapon types (Impact etc)? Starting to get higher LL purple drops (just got a decent looking 312 Comedian) and I don't remember what I should be keeping an eye out for in terms of rolls/stats.

For shottys and hand cannons, you want a range perk. Rifled barrel on HCs and reinforced/rifled on shotguns are top tier IMO. Then a reload perk like outlaw or reactive reload is good for HCs. Pulses and autos need stability perks such as perfect balance and counter balance to be worthwhile, and if you get one with both it's ideal.

I had a Party Crasher drop last week that has crowd control and reinforced barrel and it is by far the best one I've gotten in Y2. Had two drop before without a range perk and they were trash.

This Is Amazing is making me want to go back to the good old days of grinding for the exotic sword. Every hand cannon quest in this game can go DIAF.

Dibbs

Im jumping on the train, never done a raid neither. 10 cest, is that in three hours then? (The clock is soon 7 here)

Mindlog

preparing dinner now, but if anyone would be willing to help later on I'd be glad.

while I'm in the kitchen - any trials stream to watch?
Are you moving slowly from Divide to Rocket Yard?
If you move too quickly between zones then matchmaking can have trouble keeping up. If you move slowly you are more likely to encounter other people.

Found the pic to demonstrate.
2pJyfmk.png
Going slowly between zones doesn't guarantee other players. Population may be a bit thin these days. However, it increases your odds significantly.

SheHateMe

Can I rage for a moment? I can? Great.

I FINALLY GET A FUCKING GRASP DROP ONLY TO GET FUCKING SURROUNDED AND GLASS HALF FUCKING FULL.

WHAT THE FUCK. FUCK.

*ahem*

I'm okay. I'm okay.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member

You mean our group? :p

Yeah, the idea is maybe running weekly Raid Marathons until ROI hits (so about 4 week's worth). Set aside about 5 hours, and probably be doing the HM versions of each raid, in succession (with breaks because we're not insane).

For today's possible attempt, I think we have about 4 people, possibly 5, and we have 1 slot open. We'll probably start around 5-6pm EST. Will probably stream it.

Might make another attempt tomorrow too, btw. Time TBD.

If anyone is interested, let me know. We're doing this mainly for fun, there will probably be some screwing around, bad jokes, possible impressions, and probably some singing. Probably a lot of screaming for those of us who havent played the old raids in a while too. :p

Dez_

I FINALLY GET A FUCKING GRASP DROP ONLY TO GET FUCKING SURROUNDED AND GLASS HALF FUCKING FULL.

WHAT THE FUCK. FUCK.

*ahem*

I'm okay. I'm okay.

Get any stability perks in the middle row at least?

My first Grasp had Guerilla Fighter, Partial refund, but it had braced frame and that still made it viable for me to bring into crucible.

Axoman

Good shit boyz. Post updated on page 2.

I'm currently near VaIL/ Denver ColoRado. 9 hours away from home

We should meet up! :)

I'm about 20 minutes north of Denver.

Add me to the Xbox list, I'd like to play, but if it is better to have someone run my account, I'm cool with that.

raindoc

Yeah, I can help, no problem. I'm going to grab some food too, be back on in about 25-30 minutes.

PSN: Agent_Of_Atlas
cheers!
Are you moving slowly from Divide to Rocket Yard?
If you move too quickly between zones then matchmaking can have trouble keeping up. If you move slowly you are more likely to encounter other people.

Found the pic to demonstrate.

Going slowly between zones doesn't guarantee other players. Population may be a bit thin these days. However, it increases your odds significantly.

wtf

edit: i meant to say thanks for that info. but wtf

Shiv47

WHAT THE FUCK. FUCK.

*ahem*

I'm okay. I'm okay.
You should have been playing when we all farmed the shit out of Omnigul when it was the nightfall a couple months ago. The Grasps rained down upon us then.

eggydoo

You should have been playing when we all farmed the shit out of Omnigul when it was the nightfall a couple months ago. The Grasps rained down upon us then.

Farmed grasp for 4 hours during that time and never got one with counterbalance :-(
Friends did all weekend and never got one too. People that got it to drop with CB are so lucky.

Dave_6

Farmed grasp for 4 hours during that time and never got one with counterbalance :-(
Friends did all weekend and never got one too. People that got it to drop with CB are so lucky.

I was incredibly happy when one of mine dropped with CB and PB.

Shiv47

I won't tell you how many I got with CB then.

Apologies, but I'm not entirely sure what xplicit's list covers. I understand the year 2 stuff. But cats, trains, planes, doctrines, jiggas, and mercury... I need some hand holding here.

22 CEST Vault of glass lvl 28 easy (first run for me) PSN

1. throwawayname
2. ShinoguTakeruKoeru
3. deafmedal1 (not sure yet)
4. McDouchebag
5. Arramos

My PSN ID is pnnn.

Im jumping on the train, never done a raid neither. 10 cest, is that in three hours then? (The clock is soon 7 here)
Yeah, it's in 2 hours 33 mins from now.

SheHateMe

Get any stability perks in the middle row at least?

My first Grasp had Guerilla Fighter, Partial refund, but it had braced frame and that still made it viable for me to bring into crucible.

Perfect Balance and Smallbore. Eh.

Don't remind me. I missed out because I had company all that week and couldn't carve out some playing time.

Posting for new page.

Just as I did before, I made a list that we would help people get their Year 2 Hic Jakets followed by Cat Emblems.

This weekend and next weekend are the last 2 weeks.

I will prioritize by those who need Year 2 Emblems. If there are virgins, we could try them as well.

We will try our very best to get to as many people as possible. Update: The list is getting pretty huge. If you do not care about actually running your account to Mercury yourself, please feel free to send me your credentials and I can run your account for you, to save some time and make it a little easier for us.

1) Cat Emblem
- Neo
- Deku
- Ruffles
- SheHateMe
- PWH
- DMH
- DonutTurtle
- Spiders
- Pandora
- Ich
- T-44
- Sentinal
- Eggydoo
- Haybro
- GibbShift
- SteveO
- hedera
- Dorssom
- Noomi
- Sky Walker
- tyrantll
- androo
- desgrafx
- SonComet
- Phenom Jr (ps4)
- Spyder_UR
- SoullessSHOES
- Chuck
- MrDaravon
- Darryl
- ZW33

2) Virgins
- Rogo
- Ninja Knight
- robo
- Irrotational (xbox)
- Jabronium
- Shiv
- Scarletham
- Aarcane (xbox)
- Fathead826 (xbox)

I will be available Sunday and Monday this weekend, and pretty much all weekend long the final weekend the Cat emblem is available.

I'll try to grab Igor, Ape, Todd, Wicked and Biggy to help out starting Sunday.

Top of Page Drizz Edit:

A moment helping people get Doctrines and we ended up trying to get Jigga to flawless instead, final boss tied 4-4 with no Mercy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlVxX_UYYEs

I really wish voice was saved because Drizz was so hyped.

Can I get added to the list please? I'm terrible at PvP Though.

PSN: zombiemortar

X-Frame

It's funny how bringing out Thorn in PvP almost always causes 1 or 2 players on the other team to also switch to Thorn to counter me.

I'm all for it! Much rather have Thorn battles compared to 3-4 players hard-scoping.

1. throwawayname
2. ShinoguTakeruKoeru
4. McDouchebag
5. Arramos

My PSN ID is pnnn.

Yeah, it's in 2 hours 33 mins from now.
I'll take that sixth spot if it hasn't been filled already. Still need the VoG normal mode ship after all this time.

1. throwawayname
2. ShinoguTakeruKoeru
4. McDouchebag
5. Arramos
6. Teasing_Pink

My PSN ID is pnnn.

Clunker

Hmm ... I've never set up a raid here but is anyone on Xbone interested in a Vault of Glass or Crota's End NM fun run Monday around noon and/EST ? I want to see how good the old raids look on current gen and I figure they'll be quick.

Aside: the light leveling curve has been astoundingly quick. I started playing on Xbone this Tuesday and now I'm already LL290! Is it still generally understood you have to be 300 for KF NM? I've never run it before.

Top Bottom