• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Mindlog

cheers!
wtf

edit: i meant to say thanks for that info. but wtf
That's how it works. Every time you enter a new public area while on patrol matchmaking tries to pair you up.
Apologies, but I'm not entirely sure what xplicit's list covers. I understand the year 2 stuff. But cats, trains, planes, doctrines, jiggas, and mercury... I need some hand holding here.
Cats refers to the Trials of Osiris emblem which will no longer be available after Rise of Iron launches.
Train is the term used when a group of players get together to have some fun in crucible. They usually win a lot of games. When they don't something like this gets posted.
Doctrine is the high rate of fire auto rifle that can be won in Trials of Osiris. It's pretty good.
Jiggas is Jigga.
Mercury is where the Lighthouse is. To get to the Lighthouse you have to go flawless in the Trials of Osiris. This is the place where you pick up your loot for a flawless card.

Basically if anyone needs help with anything feel free to ask :]

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I have never done a raid before.

My gamertag is RICHL74

Xbox.

If anyone ever wants to invite me to one, considering I would be a total arse, but would really love to try one...

Have headset, am in UK, please have patience. We were all new once...

313 / Warlock.

Pilgor

Anyone not trying to go flawless want to play Trials later today? Just looking for people to play with, try for 5 or 7.

Jabronium

I went ahead and bought the vendor's HC last week when IB was around (outlaw, reactive reload, and rifled barrel). Most of the others I got to drop were trash. I did get one that's triple tap (eh), hammer forged, and hidden hand. Assuming that's probably inferior to the vendor roll, but I haven't tried them out yet; anyone have a suggestion?

I went ahead and bought the vendor's HC last week when IB was around (outlaw, reactive reload, and rifled barrel). Most of the others I got to drop were trash. I did get one that's triple tap (eh), hammer forged, and hidden hand. Assuming that's probably inferior to the vendor roll, but I haven't tried them out yet; anyone have a suggestion?
Vendor roll is probably better than that. Rifled barrel is the best thing you can get on a HC. Plus, if you're good at consistently landing head shots, outlaw and Reactive Reload are a very deadly combo.

Dez_

Hmm ... I've never set up a raid here but is anyone on Xbone interested in a Vault of Glass or Crota's End NM fun run Monday around noon and/EST ? I want to see how good the old raids look on current gen and I figure they'll be quick.

Aside: the light leveling curve has been astoundingly quick. I started playing on Xbone this Tuesday and now I'm already LL290! Is it still generally understood you have to be 300 for KF NM? I've never run it before.

For normal Kings fall, you'll be fine at LL290, but it never hurts to bring that up a little bit more through vanguard/crucible packages and exotic engram drops. Just make sure you're on your highest LL before accepting them.

That's how it works. Every time you enter a new public area while on patrol matchmaking tries to pair you up.

Cats refers to the Trials of Osiris emblem which will no longer be available after Rise of Iron launches.
Train is the term used when a group of players get together to have some fun in crucible. They usually win a lot of games. When they don't something like this gets posted.
Doctrine is the high rate of fire auto rifle that can be won in Trials of Osiris. It's pretty good.
Jiggas is Jigga.
Mercury is where the Lighthouse is. To get to the Lighthouse you have to go flawless in the Trials of Osiris. This is the place where you pick up your loot for a flawless card.

Basically if anyone needs help with anything feel free to ask :]
Thank you. Lol. For the amount of time I've played I should know all this, but I appreciate the response.

Jabronium

Vendor roll is probably better than that. Rifled barrel is the best thing you can get on a HC. Plus, if you're good at consistently landing head shots, outlaw and Reactive Reload are a very deadly combo.

That's what I figured. I came so close with a couple but they didn't have any range perks. I did get a little lucky with my CoE weapon this week, I think; Aegis of the Reef with perfect balance, full auto, and rangefinder and Her Memory (AR) with battle runner, perfect balance and hidden hand.

I see there are some guys who need to be run through VoG on Xbox. I'm happy to be added to the list, but am curious how the last Xbox raid went.

Anyone from the list around to give it a try with me and wicked in 15-20? Ape is busy so this would be someone that wants to play on their account.

T.O.P

Banned
Can anyone help me out?

I subscribed to Live Gold for a year

Then I went back to play Destiny and every time I try to login with one of my three in game characters I keep getting booted with a server error and then to a page where I'm asked to sub for Live Gold

I have no idea why this is happening

@nvm a reboot fixed it :)

RIP MoT Y2

Kidding, they are simple and they can be done in normal mode too
OH GOD DAMN IT

Phew. I'm so used to starting King's Fall on Hard Mode and never finishing it with the teams I rolled with back in the day, glad to hear this part can be done on Normal Mode. Just gotta wait for those challenges to roll in on the next weekly refresh?

robo

OH GOD DAMN IT

Phew. I'm so used to starting King's Fall on Hard Mode and never finishing it with the teams I rolled with back in the day, glad to hear this part can be done on Normal Mode. Just gotta wait for those challenges to roll in on the next weekly refresh?

Golly next week, oryx before roi drops

OH GOD DAMN IT

If you need help next week for the Golgoroth challenge, add me on PSN (same as here) and I'll give you a hand - we'll also practice the Oryx challenge strat if you want.

Kyoufu

Old news maybe but Bungie replaced the static RoI pre-order theme on PS4 to a dynamic one with music. Delete and re-DL to get it if you had it installed.

Great OT btw. RIP Drizzay :(

V1ctIm

Neo Member
Old news maybe but Bungie replaced the static RoI pre-order theme on PS4 to a dynamic one with music. Delete and re-DL to get it if you had it installed.

Really?? Thank you!! Super psyched to hear the new music. I've disliked TTK's music for the most part so this will be a welcome change.

Edit: LOVE the dynamic theme!! So much better than any previous offerings. The new music is getting me really excited for the new adventure!!

Also, love watching everyone be so cool in Trials. Really love the vibe despite the sadness.

SpecX

Preordered RoI last night and installed the theme. Loving the music and style and makes me more hyped for the expansion coming up. Already took the day off from work and planning on running g the story as soon as it's up and going.

robo

Is the theme us only as it's mot showing fir me in uk

JJShadow

I know Hawkian runs newbies raids every week, but since they don't work with my schedule unfortunately, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a PS4 King's Fall run (normal mode) next Monday at 18:30 GMT. It would be my first KF run (300 LL), so anyone with experience is more than welcome!

1. JJShadow77

robo

I know Hawkian runs newbies raids every week, but since they don't work with my schedule unfortunately, I was wondering if anyone would be up for a PS4 King's Fall run (normal mode) next Monday at 18:30 GMT. It would be my first KF run (300 LL), so anyone with experience is more than welcome!

1. JJShadow77
2. Gulfwarvet

Need my titan to complete it

todd360

Don't be. You guys did great, your 3rd just needed to be a little more careful and you woulda had it.

Snipers are just too good now. Everyone has had months to develop their sniping skills so almost everyone on trials can destroy you in a split second.

So I'm doing the exotic sword quest, man what the hell, at the part where you collect stuff that has a chance to pop up picking up spin mental? I hope this kind of grind shit goes away in the next game, there isn't anything interesting at all about just padding a quest with this shit. Same with having to WAIT till a specific day of the week to continue the quest, like what?

Still I think not playing Destiny since April (and that was for one day lol) has gotten me back into playing Destiny. I imagine I'll do that again after i beat the Raid in RoI.

Spoo

Snipers are just too good now. Everyone has had months to develop their sniping skills so almost everyone on trials can destroy you in a split second.

On the plus side, it means nobody is good at primaries anymore.

Can't be stressed enough to carries not to try sniping if they aren't good at it -- on this map they need to stay in center and not peek, and he did multiple times. It's fine, because it's a mistake everyone makes. On a map like this it can feel restrictive not to rely on them, but when it comes time to cap point or make a play, that's when the carry needs to be alive to help team shot :\

todd360

On the plus side, it means nobody is good at primaries anymore.

Can't be stressed enough to carries not to try sniping if they aren't good at it -- on this map they need to stay in center and not peek, and he did multiple times. It's fine, because it's a mistake everyone makes. On a map like this it can feel restrictive not to rely on them, but when it comes time to cap point or make a play, that's when the carry needs to be alive to help team shot :

I miss god tier last word. I could take anyone on back then.

Dibbs

Teasing_pink, Shinogu126, Arrrammis, ms1572 and cressed thanks for guiding me trough my first raid!
It was fun :)

Yeah that was very nice. Dont know if I was much of a guide though :) Very cool of you guys to guide us. I'll post some pics of it later. /cressed

Top Bottom