• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Wallach

Can someone explain to me the difference between the regular Gjallarhorn vs the Iron version? Is one better than the other? Why would someone infuse the regular to the Iron ver.

It's just a cosmetic difference.

It is kind of weird to me that they put in this new Ornaments system specifically for weapon cosmetics then didn't use it for the Iron Gjallarhorn pre-order deal, but that's what it is.

Archons Forge. Aka Bond/mark/cloak City. How I loathe thee. I pop the key. I don't get shit. My friends pop theirs. I don't get shit. I'm watching the feed give my crew everything. Snipers, fusion rifles, gear galore. Throw me a bone Bungie.

Archon Forge is fun, but suffers the same ghost town effect as Court of Oryx, and even if you do get lucky and find a group everyone is limited to 1 key. How did they manage to make it worse??!

Otherwise, I am enjoying the expansion and so far feel like this is the fairest progression system yet and one that won't require endless tinkering.

Archons Forge. Aka Bond/mark/cloak City. How I loathe thee. I pop the key. I don't get shit. My friends pop theirs. I don't get shit. I'm watching the feed give my crew everything. Snipers, fusion rifles, gear galore. Throw me a bone Bungie.

clanmate got a set of hunter arms from one of the offerings. Dream Eater something or other. Looked dope.

MrDaravon

So what's the best way to get from 335 to 350? I was under 335 when RoI launched, so doing the core story stuff and doing some patrol and other sidequest stuff for a while has only gotten me to 335. I mean I could keep doing this (and I like the new Patrol area) but it's a bit slow going. Are 320 strikes my best option?

Wallach

You can reroll the stats on the ROI armor from the achievement book, you can claim additional packages from the book, but they pop out at LL 3 instead.

Where do you reroll the stats on the Days of Iron armor...? I don't see this option in the book anywhere.

shermas

Splicer Key to open door / die and respawn outside door / Terminal Rebooting

What the hell is this crap

I had that issue earlier, too... I started sharding garbage I was carrying around while I waited. Ridiculous.

It made me feel even worse for dying before I even got to the walker. :p

Zocano

Cs7q1QHUAAAFRdw.jpg

I think I just found something to replace my Treads Upon Stars; 3rd perk is reactive reload

Vic_Viper

Need help with the Beauty in Delivery quest in the Cosmodrome for the Gjallerhorn if anyone is interested in helping me out.

PSN name Squadon
LL 338

So I'm only Light Level 328... How worth it is it to buy the 350 stuff from the vendors?
So for efficient leveling:

1) Buy a 350 Ghost from Vanguard or Crucible for 75 Marks
2) Exchange a legendary class item engram for a 350 Iron Lord class item from Shiro
3) Play Story and finish quest to get 350 Iron Lord Artifact (no sprint lock, lololol)
4) Decrypt stored engrams to get as high as you can, probably topping out at 350ish.
(Decrypting in the lowest slot you have before trying a new slot.)
5) Run strikes for high light blues to get higher than the 350 soft cap. You can also try Crucible & Archon's Forge I suppose.

Is that accurate?

It seems that before 350 engrams are great for light level boosts. Afterward, engrams are mostly for getting a new roll on a piece of gear, i.e. you'll have to find your light level increases from activities.

do these if that piece isn't 350

Makikou

I love the fact they added more modifiers to weekly heroic playlist.

What I did not love was on The Wretched Eye strike, those shanks dropping down fucking wreck your shit on Arc Burn.

+ They can and will fire no matter where you are straight off spawn since they come from the skies.

Afrocious

I love the fact they added more modifiers to weekly heroic playlist.

What I did not love was on The Wretched Eye strike, those shanks dropping down fucking wreck your shit on Arc Burn.

+ They can and will fire no matter where you are straight off spawn since they come from the skies.

I love it

grimmiq

Haven't played in a while, I have the physical PS4 Legendary Edition of Taken King (Which I think was just Destiny base game + codes for all the DLC). Looking to get back in with Rise of Iron, the Collection Upgrade specifically mentions the PS3 version. 2 Questions, will this work fine with my PS4 version or is this only for upgrading from last to current gen? Secondly will this give me the digital version so I no longer need to use the disc from my TTK version? The non upgrade version of the collection is also unavailable for purchase (I'm assuming this is because I have TTK?).

Cheers.

chur

Haven't played in a while, I have the physical PS4 Legendary Edition of Taken King (Which I think was just Destiny base game + codes for all the DLC). Looking to get back in with Rise of Iron, the Collection Upgrade specifically mentions the PS3 version. 2 Questions, will this work fine with my PS4 version or is this only for upgrading from last to current gen? Secondly will this give me the digital version so I no longer need to use the disc from my TTK version? The non upgrade version of the collection is also unavailable for purchase (I'm assuming this is because I have TTK?).

Cheers.
You can purchase the upgrade to get everything digitally. You will have to delete Destiny and download everything all over again (unless someone knows how to only delete vanilla destiny). You can purchase the non upgrade version but you'll need the disc in your system.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Look what I got.

2a8iY18.jpg

Good roll, right? I was shredding people in the crucible with this beast. i guess it was supremacy and everyone was already at half health but aim assist was great.

MechDX

I can't find those stupid red things for the Gally quest.

Sigh.....

RoI just seems like a GIANT grind fest more so than the other two expansions. Feel I wasted my money

Makikou

I can't find those stupid red things for the Gally quest.

Sigh.....

RoI just seems like a GIANT grind fest more so than the other two expansions. Feel I wasted my money

IDK, I feel the grind is quite lenient.

I guess you weren't here for the vanilla grind? :D

Mesharey

I got Khvostov and directly dc'ed lol, well at least I got it, is it worth to finish the quest?

Need to find ways to raise my light lvl, at 326 atm, gonna do strikes and other stuff once I finish the story (playing it slowly).

Makikou

I got Khvostov and directly dc'ed lol, well at least I got it, is it worth to finish the quest?

Need to find ways to raise my light lvl, at 326 atm, gonna do strikes and other stuff once I finish the story (playing it slowly).

Yeah it definetly is worth it to finish.
There's a nice emotional touch at the end from Bungie.

Jblanks

So you only get 1 radiant treasure per week? and it has a chance to give silver dust which then can be used to get ornamanets, the only other way is to buy silver dust? Please don't tell me this is true..

Top Bottom