• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Just turned in 5 blue engrams, all 5 turned into legendary gear.
Same thing happened to me earlier with 3 blues turning into 3 purples. I think there's a hiccup in their RNG method. Also had a 351 infusion turn into 352 so that was weird.

Also Bungie, can you please remove the Ogre/Splicer strike when it's an elemental burn week?
...and then never make it anything but elemental burn weeks.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That Priest and Blind Ogre Trike on Siva Heroic is a fucking nightmare

With Arc Burn & Juggler on, Jesus
Best not to do it unless your 365+

You can finish 2 Strikes than that 1

Afrocious

Just started the new content.

I have no idea what's going on. I see that the light level was increased so I guess that means I should get rid of/start infusing into my old 320 TTK gear.

I have a lot of weird purple cubes in the the postmaster inventory. They gave me some weird chroma gear.

Got Ghorn and was totally underwhelmed. 5 rockets vs 9 sleeper shots (without armor perks) was hard to go back to.

Infused it into my Sleep Simulant which has been MVP for all my soloing. Then rebought the Ghorn from the vendor just so I have it.

Sleeper though. Right now Sleeper is looking to be my goto heavy for year 3.

Lord Saladin: "show me your iron..."
*backs out of menu*

oh-heeeell-to-the-no.gif

loki 16

I opened my eight package on the book and didn't get anything and I can't get it again because it says one for character. Anybody else had this happen to them?

Edit: Found them in my volt for some reason.

lt519

So are SIVA strikes not counting in the book for everyone? I've done a few and it's still at 0.

Wish offerings were more common for the Archon Forge, we just did 4 with a group of 4 people and nobody got one as a drop the whole time.

Zocano

So are SIVA strikes not counting in the book for everyone? I've done a few and it's still at 0.

Wish offerings were more common for the Archon Forge, we just did 4 with a group of 4 people and nobody got one as a drop the whole time.

Only the regular ones and not heroics

Toddler

You have to enter through the Vanguard director at 320 instead of the weekly Playlist at 350.

Afrocious

Afraid to look into spoilers, but how many missions is in the story? Gonna focus on the story first before jumping into the gear grind.

Dez_

Dead Orbit just dropped the exotic hunter cloak for me, only this time it's simply a legendary cloak instead. Same look and everything. Lol.

lt519

You have to enter through the Vanguard director at 320 instead of the weekly Playlist at 350.

Ugh that's ridiculous. Why would I go back to playing them at 320??

350LL, going to just focus on heroic strikes for now I guess, other activities aren't going to yield much in the form of leveling up.

Zocano

I almost want a rating system for teammates in strikes so that I can give an F for fuckhead to all the AFKers. The rating would affect your Queue time.

Afrocious

I'm liking the idea of a questbook but we'll see what happens in the future once I delve deeper.

I almost want a rating system for teammates in strikes so that I can give an F for fuckhead to all the AFKers. The rating would affect your Queue time.

I'm surprised Destiny never got this, of all things folks complained about the game not having lol.

GorillaJu

they put out hopscotch but not three little words.

oh well.

Yah I said it earlier but I like Dinklage's real dry delivery and sounding like he's just fed up.

Nolan sounds too chipper for me

I prefer Nolan by far. Dinklage sounds like a person trapped in a robot suit. Nolan sounds a lot like you would expect a companion robot to sound. Like C3PO. His comedy relief lines are delivered well too. "I live in your backpack" etc

GorillaJu

you serious? that's amazing (and dumb)

been doing the new strike playlist like all day and was wondering why i haven't seen one. so i need to play old strikes to get keys for new strikes?? brilliant

I meant new strikes, heroic version. The ones with the weekly radiant treasure bonus.

I prefer Nolan by far. Dinklage sounds like a person trapped in a robot suit. Nolan sounds a lot like you would expect a companion robot to sound. Like C3PO. His comedy relief lines are delivered well too. "I live in your backpack" etc

I'm actually reminded of Futurama, when they did casting for bender. Most people did 'robot' voices, John did 'Steel worker'.

Doesn't help that a ton of the original comic elements were cut pre release.

I kind of wish they kept Dinklages stuff in Y1. It feels like they had Nolan rush through that stuff, or that stuff was written to fit Dinklage.

Also, I thought that Dinklage had a lot more to him. He always made everything sound all mysterious and got really dramatic and excited when he needed to be. "WEVE WOKEN THE HIVE!!!"

I still think it was the writings fault back then. I think Dinklebot was good, just terrible dialogue. North gets the upper hand on the comedy and dialogue because his stuff wasn't rushed through and it really shows.

Well, even worse dialogue than now :p

Top Bottom