• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

I'm not sure if I dislike Nolandroid because of his direction or because of the annoying cutesy lines he has to deliver, or some combination. Either way I can understand needing someone more available, but I just think it doesn't sound right. It's a shame because Nolan is a great VO.

Ideally though I want to buy ghost voice packs so I can have random celebrities yell, "guardian down!"

shermas

Heroic Strikes. I got 4 in a few hours.

I finally caved and started grinding heroic strikes earlier. Undying mind was bunghole... Nothing else was too bad (we didn't get the new one).

Not a single key, though. I only have one (from the quest), so I'm gonna hang onto it. How many keys can we stack?

GorillaJu

I kind of wish they kept Dinklages stuff in Y1. It feels like they had Nolan rush through that stuff, or that stuff was written to fit Dinklage.

Also, I thought that Dinklage had a lot more to him. He always made everything sound all mysterious and got really dramatic and excited when he needed to be. "WEVE WOKEN THE HIVE!!!"

I still think it was the writings fault back then. I think Dinklebot was good, just terrible dialogue. North gets the upper hand on the comedy and dialogue because his stuff wasn't rushed through and it really shows.

Well, even worse dialogue than now :p

Yeah I know what you mean. Dinklage did have some good lines in there too.

Caim

You can reroll the stats on the ROI armor from the achievement book, you can claim additional packages from the book, but they pop out at LL 3 instead.

shermas

You can reroll the stats on the ROI armor from the achievement book, you can claim additional packages from the book, but they pop out at LL 3 instead.

That's awesome. People were kind of bent that they came with hand cannon loader only. Good to know.

I'm pretty excited to see what Xur brings this weekend. I hope he (it?) becomes relevant again.

That's awesome. People were kind of bent that they came with hand cannon loader only. Good to know.

I'm pretty excited to see what Xur brings this weekend. I hope he (it?) becomes relevant again.
I was more annoyed at the fact that the chest and boots had fusion and HC ammo -_- no sniper ammo anywhere. Good to know you can get other rolls on them. Would've upset me if I would never use those great sets because of crappy ammo perks.

Zocano

no, I don't think so. You can claim as many packages as you want but the "drop" is always the same.

Replayed the ROI first story mission on hard (Also you can totally just rerun the same mission over and over on hard for that book achievement) Anyway mannnnn Bungie better do more missions like this in Destiny 2, give me areas/levels that aren't in patrol. TTK Phobos and this are still the best missions in the entire game for that reason alone to me. IT gives Bungie more opportunity for us to explore different parts of a planet without making a whole new area. It bums me out that MP gets this but PvE isn't (I know MP is easier to produce though obviously). If Destiny 2 once again only has one Patrol zone per planet, this would be the best way to make that seem alright.

ViciousDS

Banned
Very short story mission wise

But holy fuck the last 5 minutes were amazing!!!!!!

The music........god the music gives me goosebumps.

Absolutely awesome ending to the story mission arc

Just 280 copies of stuff I already have or exotics I didn't like.

I even dismantled a year 1 exotic and I didn't get a shard.
I know this is a long shot, but is your materials section that the shards are usually in full?

That's the only thing I can think of that it could be. Otherwise, I have no clue what to tell you.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So never do that Nexus Remix Heroic Strike this week
Jesus fuck, Arc blasts from the boss are so fucking annoying

Took us like 30 minutes to drop him, unbelievable how the strikes really wreck you when your not at top level gear + burn

This just dropped from Archon's Forge from an enhanced offering win.

pCVc7kT.jpg

Linear Compensator/Accurized Ballistics/Field Choke
Perfect Balance/Injection Mold
Speed Reload/Single Point Sling
Unflinching/Grenadier

I got those boots. Either I'm doing something wrong or they're glitched. I tested it's main perk in the cosmodrome. The first two times I tried it, my grenade was regenerating 5 seconds faster(I was at T5 with 25 seconds on grenade). Then I realized it said while sprinting, so I did it while sprinting.

My grenade cooldown was 25 seconds on the stats screen. While sprinting, it took 30 seconds both times I tested it -__-

ACR0019

I haven't dismantled mine, but I was curious if anyone else had dismantled theirs.

Anyways, Supremacy is a great time with a full fireteam! My clanmates had an absolute blast wreckin' fools last night. Can't wait to jump in for a few matches tomorrow.

MrDaravon

What are thoughts on Hung Jury versus The Wounded (FWC) and the DO Scout (unsure of the name)? Does it just depend on the rolls you get? I have the pre-April Hung Jury, and I just got a Wounded but it didn't roll Triple Tap or Firefly, but it did roll Full Auto, Perfect Balance/Outlaw and Hidden Hand.

What are thoughts on Hung Jury versus The Wounded (FWC) and the DO Scout (unsure of the name)? Does it just depend on the rolls you get? I have the pre-April Hung Jury, and I just got a Wounded but it didn't roll Triple Tap or Firefly, but it did roll Full Auto, Perfect Balance/Outlaw and Hidden Hand.

Tough call... Hung Jury pre April is pure magic.

Trakan

I ran strikes for a long time today and got all the blues needed to get all 3 characters to 365 if I switch over weapons/ghost/artifact. It's a bit of a grind but nothing too bad.

shermas

I have three different Wounded rolls (trying to find something to replace my pre-April HJ with something), but none have Full Auto. I have one with Outlaw and it's pretty good. It's not as 'sticky' as the HJ for crits, in my opinion.

I'm SO tired of using the HJ for all PvE content, but it's pretty good. I have a full auto Suros 47 (I think) from the Gunsmith that I love, too. I started using that from time to time before ROI dropped. I'm lousy for full auto scouts, though. Easily my favorite roll.

Ok Bungie needs to adress Archon Forge.

This shit aint fun.
First the keys drop rate is very low, and when you get one you can only hold one...

This does not engage us players to stay and help out nor is it any fun to just sit and wait near archon forge for players to arrive with keys.

increase the drop rate bungie, please.

Yep. Kinda meh. The drop rate is abysmal.

The grind from 350 is tiresome, 3hrs in crucible and every legendary I have got is 351, but for slots I already have 351-354 items in.

Yea, not digging the 50/50 garbage.

I've already noticed it's dead as hell. It needs to be selectable from the map and it'd be nice if you could take a party of 6 into it. Same issues as the Court of Oryx.

Yep.

Light level grind is so bad, most casuals may give up before they even enter the raid.

This too. I'm 353 right now and RNGesus is not being kind. Literally +1 or 2 or equal per strike.

I'll do the exploring tomorrow. Not even sure Ill bother with the Horn quest after seeing it pale in comparison to a Raze Lighter.

Spoo

Man, played like all day and went up one light level from 351 to 352. Feels bad.

Do we seriously need to farm omnigul to be ready for the raid?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Can someone explain to me the difference between the regular Gjallarhorn vs the Iron version? Is one better than the other? Why would someone infuse the regular to the Iron ver.

Top Bottom