• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Owensboro

So regular strikes are dropping blues at the same level as heroics, right? Anyone want to blow through a couple on PSN?

of course, we don't get chances at Keys if we do that, so I'm down for heroic versions too. Whatever really.

Arrrammis

Whats the best way to earn the Archon Forge keys? I only have one blue one after like 2 hours on patrol.

You can only hold one at a time, and can only hold one in the vault.
It's a very stupid system and I hate it.

To find more, you have to use the one you are holding, and they drop from random SIVA infected fallen from what I have seen.

RdN

So.. How does one farm Omnigul?

Can I select the strike straight from the director or doss or have to be from the Playlist?

Also, what needs to be done is to kill her that one time she appears before the end of the strike and then wipe?

Thanks!

X-Frame

All the disappointing feedback to Archon's Forge doesn't encourage me to try it even once. Seems like a waste when Strikes are more beneficial.

Nightz

Music in the final Ballerhorn mission is pretty sweet.

Also I'm up for Omnigul farming if anyone needs an extra body. I'm at 347 and haven't tried this farming method yet.

I just got my Bungie collective pin in the mail today and went to enter the code for the emblem and it says it was already used. Just my luck with Destiny, although I have had 2 blues turn into exotics the last 2 days. Maybe this is bungies way of keeping me grounded. I have already emailed bungie about it.

Izuna

Banned
you can jump in and catch up whenever, whether or not the methods will be the same.

I'll keep an eye on Exotics, since they are really the main thing that causes people to lag behind when they join late. It looks to me that all exotics are trash? Like the weapons are nothing special and the Hunter armour is... not worth getting? (kinda like TTK exotics)

NeOak

All the disappointing feedback to Archon's Forge doesn't encourage me to try it even once. Seems like a waste when Strikes are more beneficial.

If you find a group of random people doing it, it is really fun and hectic.

What makes it awful is getting the damn offerings.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just coming in here to complain about the SIVA Shard thing at the Iron Temple;

WHY

You can't do a long jumping section like that when jumps can just launch you away from the thing you're trying to jump on and into your death if you don't do it exactly how the game wants you to. Locking away a collectible behind an actual mountain of frustration!

Arrrammis

It's definitely more fun than CoO for me, and the weapons that drop are pretty awesome. The problem is more with the systems to start it up where if you join late or die and respawn, you need to use a splicer key to rejoin. Plus, you can only hold 1 offering at any given time, so unless you're super lucky, you'll only be able to do 1 round whenever you join the forge without relying on randoms.

PuMa

Sleep is over rated...

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

3o7abxtmPxanzaESGY.gif

Any Hunter or Warlock want to join me and my friend to try and farm 320 Omnigul around 10:30pm EST tonight? We're both titans so we'd like to try it with someone of a different class to tether, WoL, etc. We both have Gallys btw for DPS.

I'm a Nightstalker Hunter, and I should be on around that time. I've never done the farm, but it seems simple enough. PSN: GustyGardens

Edit: Looks like I'm not going to be home in time. I'll have to take a rain check. Sorry!

I'm just coming in here to complain about the SIVA Shard thing at the Iron Temple;

FUCK THAT SHIT

You can't do a long jumping section like that when jumps can just launch you away from the thing you're trying to jump on and into your death if you don't do it exactly how the game wants you to. Locking away a collectible behind an actual mountain of frustration!

A few things to help.

1) Set your agility to maximum.
2) Don't press into the mountain to jump, a lot of rocks will push you out. Jump up, then push in.
3) If you are falling, DONT TOUCH THE STICKS on your controller. Just let the death happen. This will prevent the game from setting your last "safe" spawn as lower than it should be. Even if you land on some platform lower, if you don't touch the sticks you'll have too much momentum for the game to set that as "safe."
4) Don't manually respawn. Let it autorespawn.

Once I did those things it went much quicker. I was dying less, and my respawn point was very close.

Good luck!

I'm really interested in getting back into this, but haven't played since the original. I had a maxed out character. How does it work if I jump in now? Do I have to do all the story missions in between, do I get a level increase?

PuMa

I'm really interested in getting back into this, but haven't played since the original. I had a maxed out character. How does it work if I jump in now? Do I have to do all the story missions in between, do I get a level increase?

You get a one-time consumable item that will boost you to level 40.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I'll keep an eye on Exotics, since they are really the main thing that causes people to lag behind when they join late. It looks to me that all exotics are trash? Like the weapons are nothing special and the Hunter armour is... not worth getting? (kinda like TTK exotics)

The Hunter boots are awesome!
I love playing the game more mobile in PVE and this forces me/ allows me to.

Blade Dancer, perks set for ability and instant weapon switching, running with hand cannon, a shotgun with Battle Runner and an artifact with no sprint cool-down.

So much fun.

It's been ages since I've used Blade Dancer this much.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If your alt is 363-364 due to infusion and omnigul farm, then how long does it take to run through all of the RoI story missions?

I just did story stuff all the way up to getting another skeleton key from each, no more than four hours on both alts.

I'm up for.

Weekly heroic x2
NF x3
Forge, have both legendary and blue thingy.
Farming Crota's wife

Blade Dancer, perks set for ability and instant weapon switching, running with hand cannon, a shotgun with Battle Runner and an artifact with no sprint cool-down.

So much fun.

A combination of Bones of Eao, either Gunslinger or Nightstalker subclass (Triple jump +1 with BoE), Memory of Jolder Artifact, and an Xbox Elite controller with sprint mapped to back-left paddle and jump mapped to back-right paddle is an amazing experience as far as mobility goes in games - second to none.

kidko

The Forge is cool if you get a few people in it. The more you have, the more likely one of you will get another offering and keep the party rolling. I did about 5 in a row with just one other rando and had a good time and too many engrams to count

Edit: Top o' the page to ya!

giphy.gif

shermas

Decided to just bite the bullet and use a skeleton key at the end of the Sepkis 320 strike... I've been waiting for an artifact and -voila- I snagged one that was 5LL above my current POS.

After grinding CoO for 2 hours earlier and getting nada from Eris. RNG.

Is Xur going to sell skeleton keys, by any chance? For some outrageous amount?

SheHateMe

So I completed the Ballerhorn quest this morning.

DAT MUSIC WHEN YOUR GHOST FINISHES AND YOU EQUIP IT?

d96.jpg

I'm going to try for the Khvostov 7G-0X tonight.

I'm so not gonna be raid ready tomorrow. I'm only 342. *shrugs*

Raven117

The story artifact can be swapped between characters so you can use that one on your hunter

I can be 364 Warlock, Hunter, Titan. And I have only played on my Warlock so far... that omnigul farm omg.

Still missing a 365 heavy though. Other than that I could take all three to 365.

Where do you get the Story Artifact? What its called? (I didn't see it in my inventory)

RdN

So.. How does one farm Omnigul?

Can I select the strike straight from the director or doss or have to be from the Playlist?

Also, what needs to be done is to kill her that one time she appears before the end of the strike and then wipe?

Thanks!

Deku Tree

Where do you get the Story Artifact? What its called? (I didn't see it in my inventory)

You get it from the cryptarch in the Felwinters Peak after completing the story and the patrol quest on the plaugelands. It is the one that doesn't say "your class artifact" at the top. It drops at 350. I think each one has a different name. So if you do the story three times then you can collect all three of them.

Raven117

You get it from the cryptarch in the Felwinters Peak after completing the story and the patrol quest on the plaugelands. It is the one that doesn't say "your class artifact" at the top. It drops at 350. I think each one has a different name. So if you do the story three times then you can collect all three of them.

Ah, haven't don't the patro quest on the plaugelands. That's my problem. Thank you!

Izuna

Banned

So much fun.

Hmm, I'll look at a video. I thought the perk was a gimmick

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So me, Unstable, Bread have been farming Perfected Sepiks

Its done within 10-15 minutes, get 2 blues, but the best thing is it keeps giving us fucking rep

120 Vanguard and I think 60 for your faction (I'll see what it is)

So you can farm the strike and earn rep

Top Bottom