• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT42| Embrace the Not-Knowing

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Jumped in a forge last second and got this. Good roll too.

LEfFrgt.png

Personally I don't think there is an issue with the current light progression system. I'm making gradual progress all the time at a reasonable rate. My playtime is being rewarded.

The real issue with all the big streamers grinding omnigul is because the raid drops only a few days after the release. That basically forces people to grind hard to be in a position to do a raid. If they had left the raid launch until next reset, or the following friday much more people would have naturally got to the requisite light level without having to kill omnigul 123450982 times in 3 days.

Edit - Kadey I got one of those on Wednesday. The recoil on it is more than I like, but it has an awesome scope. I think it is the same, or very similar to stillpiercer

Zakalwe

Banned
Personally I don't think there is an issue with the current light progression system. I'm making gradual progress all the time at a reasonable rate. My playtime is being rewarded.

The real issue with all the big streamers grinding omnigul is because the raid drops only a few days after the release. That basically forces people to grind hard to be in a position to do a raid. If they had left the raid launch until next reset, or the following friday much more people would have naturally got to the requisite light level without having to kill omnigul 123450982 times in 3 days.

Edit - Kadey I got one of those on Wednesday. The recoil on it is more than I like, but it has an awesome scope. I think it is the same, or very similar to stillpiercer

The issue is progression is limited to a few specific runs. It should be spread out over the entire game evenly at this point so we could vary our playtime a lot more.

The actual speed of it is fine, imo.

Zakalwe

Banned
This and Nemesis star are my favorite Y3 weapons so far.

NS was the first Y3 I got, it's good but it didn't make me take notice beyond it being new for a few minutes.

I've maxed it and it didn't feel spectacular, not when Sleeper Stimulant and SGA both seem to outshine it.

I wasn't divined by its perks, but perhaps I overlooked something?

By far my favourite Y3 exotic so far is the Dunmarchers. Can't give up that sprint speed...

Dead

well not really...yet
that feel when getting tons of shit after completing a public event

thanks bungie

no but seriously, can't believe public events are finally worth doing

Mikey Jr.

So I'm at the last boss of the Heroic strike and everyone left but me.

This fuckin game gonna bring anyone in or am I boned here?

It's been like 15 min

Edit: anyone wanna help with last boss?

The Rise of Iron release lined up with my week off from work so I've been disgustingly lazy. Just been going through the book and doing what I can right now.

A lot of the supremacy crucible parts are easy. Got them all done except for the ToO and IB one. Got lucky and found 15 SIVA things on my story playthrough. Essentially, anything I can do right now I'm doing. It's been fun.

And yeah. It does slow your leveling down. I'm almost Rank 11 and only LL 349 right now but I'm fixing to start focusing on leveling up more.

Destiny is complete shit. I am ashamed.

Also, question: Where is the new Sepiks on the director? I haven't done the quest where I have to beat it in hard mode because it only gives me the option for normal and even then it's the old Sepiks. I keep my eye on this thread and haven't seen any talk of this so I figure I'm just a huge idiot.

Hard mode sepiks is the 320 normal option

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Do you have to do damage to the forge boss to get drops? Those low level forge bosses die quick from like one axe slam by a 360+ ..

I literally joined in on someone and 20 seconds later I got the sniper without really doing anything. And it seems offering level doesn't matter. I got it from a rare offering. Meanwhile I used my legendary offering and got nothing.

Deku Tree

I literally joined in on someone and 20 seconds later I got the sniper without really doing anything. And it seems offering level doesn't matter. I got it from a rare offering. Meanwhile I used my legendary offering and got nothing.

Good2know thanks!

shermas

Do you have to do damage to the forge boss to get drops? Those low level forge bosses die quick from like one axe slam by a 360+ ..
Wondering this too. I did a bunch of runs earlier and the loot drops were LIGHT. I was goofing around during the axe slamming.

molnizzle

Where do you get SIVA offerings? I've done a couple of Forge's at different times but I never know whether I have what I need or not until I get there. Also how can I tell which "level" is which? Is it like CoO where there are 3 tiers? I expected this to be much more straightforward...

The help site indeed says that difficulty does not affect reward quality.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN, my name is the same as Gaf name.

Just hit level 40 today and got super addicted thanks to TTK, but I have no friends to play with. Would like to do some raids, but I've never done one before so I'm not sure what to expect.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I got a Hunter Class item for my Titan through the Spekis Perfected Strike. I thought this shit wasn't supposed to happen.

If anyone wants to add me on PSN, my name is the same as Gaf name.

Just hit level 40 today and got super addicted thanks to TTK, but I have no friends to play with. Would like to do some raids, but I've never done one before so I'm not sure what to expect.

I'll add you tomorrow! I'm really want to do the old raids.

Deku Tree

I think people are gonna beat the new raid much faster than in previous raid races. You've got streamers like giggle monster going in with practically full teams of 385s. They are already overleveled for the NM raid. LL is not gonna be a problem and Bungie also said this raid will be much easier when your overleveled and they also said it will have less mechanics.

Kyne

What would be the best way to go about gearing up after getting the level 40 booster but still being stuck at light level 120?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Should I wait to decrypt legendary engrams? I'm only light 340. Not sure if that limits the rolls of legendary gear.

SeanR1221

What are some of the must have exotics and legendaries?

Which legendaries and exotics are still great and should I keep around to infuse?

Top Bottom