• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

So you didn't have trouble as a 334 in the raid at all? Can I join your next session?

Fig did a raid with us beggining through end yesterday at 354 light. She finished it at 363 or so. Its doable if you have a team of 375+ willing to carry the weakest player. Its not gonna be the most fun experience for you however, you die a lot and will probably cause some wipes. Although fig actually died less than almost everyone on the last boss, she had more trouble on the death zamboni part.

People of DGAF!

I´m getting really close to being "Raid Ready", I´m now thinking about my loadout.

What should I infuse my high level blues into?

First of all - I´m a Titan.

Should I play defender?

Primary options:

Nirwens Mercy (my fav)
Hung Jury
Or this thing I just got:

faXCRNA.png

Special:

Sniper Rifle (best burn?) or shotty?

Heavy:

Gjallarhorn or a heavy MG - and again what would be the best burn?

Thanks!

Defender Titan with WoL. If you have Glasshouse that's even better.

Primary: use what you're most comfortable with, I'd say. None of the guns you listed are bad options.

Secondary: there's captains throughout with varying shield types, but the most common overall is a void shield.

Heavy: Gally burns all.

People of DGAF!

I´m getting really close to being "Raid Ready", I´m now thinking about my loadout.

First of all - I´m a Titan.

Should I play defender?

Primary options:

Nirwens Mercy (my fav)
Hung Jury
Or this thing I just got:

faXCRNA.png

Special:

Sniper Rifle (best burn?) or shotty?

Heavy:

Gjallarhorn or a heavy MG - and again what would be the best burn?

Thanks!

That gun looks gourgeous glam. I say new raid, new gun.

People of DGAF!

Thanks!

Hung Jury. Also, a strong hand cannon for the final boss helps.
Void sniper and shotgun.
RAZE LIGHTER and GJALLARHORN.

How high do legacy engrams decrypt?

Legacy is LL 160 I think, maybe even lower.

What LL is xur's mida?

Gaf, I need a quick reply, does the regular siva strikes drop stuff up to 365 like the heroic? I wanna do the 20 strikes for the book.
The playlist will cap your boss blue drops at 340.

Picking a strike from the director at 320 will give you boss blue drops up to 365, but it won't count towards the record book.

I stomached the grind and did all 20 strikes in one go. Coffee. Music. It was actually not too bad...and I gained a ton of faction rep.

Anyone on xbox fancy trying trials this evening around 8pm UK time?.

Nothing to serious. Get a feel for the year, complete a card for the record book and bounties?

GT is djredline

Zakalwe

Banned
Explosive rounds and Firefly aren't a good mix, right?

I thought Explosive Rounds made precision shots more difficult, or was that something I invented?

Anyone on xbox fancy trying trials this evening around 8pm UK time?.

Nothing to serious. Get a feel for the year, complete a card for the record book and bounties?

GT is djredline
I'll add you. I'll be doing some trials after 4pm Est with a couple clanmates but if/when they aren't around, and if I'm not raiding, I'm usually down to get wrecked lol

GT Wesley S Shark

lionelhutz

Picking a strike from the director at 320 will give you boss blue drops up to 365, but it won't count towards the record book.

I stomached the grind and did all 20 strikes in one go. Coffee. Music. It was actually not too bad...and I gained a ton of faction rep.

Is it worth using 3oC while doing the 320 strikes for the book milestone?

I thought Explosive Rounds made precision shots more difficult, or was that something I invented?

the strength of firefly is based on the precision damage you generate (so firefly on hand cannons is stronger than scouts) and explosive rounds takes the total damage from a bullet and splits part of it into "normal" damage that can crit, and explosive damage.

So if you use both you're not really helping anything because the explosive round part is making your firefly weaker. I haven't seen any tests in PvE or PvP for a LONG time but percieved reddit wisdom back then was not to use both in combination and stick with firefly.

Fig did a raid with us beggining through end yesterday at 354 light. She finished it at 363 or so. Its doable if you have a team of 375+ willing to carry the weakest player. Its not gonna be the most fun experience for you however, you die a lot and will probably cause some wipes. Although fig actually died less than almost everyone on the last boss, she had more trouble on the death zamboni part.

I'm not that good a player, and I got up to and completed first part of final boss at 355-360 light, with a group of (good) randoms. Had a few wipes figuring out how to get to captains and sword them before they could one-shot me.

Ok... Its just so pointless and it makes no sense for heroic strikes to not count.

From what I heard, explosive rounds just split the total damage into explosive and normal damage, and explosive part doesn't help with Firefly proc making it weaker.

X-Frame

For the Outbreak Prime quest, for the monitors in order to just get the quest to start it do you HAVE to do the raid from start to finish in 1 go?

Can you grab like the first 3 monitors, everyone get off, then meet up again the next day and then grab the final monitors? Or no?

robo

Will be on tonight, 9 strikes to go for the book. Hopefully get to 356 on my warlock. Then hit some heroics tomorrow to hit the 360s.

And made the wall if shame 😂 in the last ot in last place, lol. Will try harder this time.👍

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
For the Outbreak Prime quest, for the monitors in order to just get the quest to start it do you HAVE to do the raid from start to finish in 1 go?

Can you grab like the first 3 monitors, everyone get off, then meet up again the next day and then grab the final monitors? Or no?

All within the one raid. You can go to postmaster but have at least one person stay.

robo

Explosive rounds do area damage as well don't forget, useful on bosses with adds around them. I have have both a scout and hc with both on equipped when I use them.

Zakalwe

Banned
Explosive rounds do area damage as well don't forget, useful on bosses with adds around them. I have have both a scout and hc with both on equipped when I use them.

They'e great, just not the most efficient when paired with firefly.

Deku Tree

Given the current LL system I don't know how many players will care about challenge mode every week if all it gives out is max LL gear. Challenge mode was great when we had the horrible KF loot table that gave you any drop could be below your LL. Now the current drop system doesn't really need a CM. People gonna be very close to max LL by the time challenge mode drops.

You use heavy to rank up your faction, and then get sad when they don't give you a ghost :(

Raid is the best option to get ghost/artifact. First phase final boss seems to either be guaranteed to get you one or really high chance. Was 378 on all characters before raiding this week. Got 381 artifact on my first one, which made me jump to 381LL, second raid got me 383 ghost and second char went to 382, last char didnt raid yet but transferring everything that i got and ranking up faction some 5 times got him to 384.

Need two more for the three boss kills in the raid. Just going to farm the first boss. you can join me in orbit if you want a spot. KeanBurke

noomi

Raid is the best option to get ghost/artifact. First phase final boss seems to either be guaranteed to get you one or really high chance. Was 378 on all characters before raiding this week. Got 381 artifact on my first one, which made me jump to 381LL, second raid got me 383 ghost and second char went to 382, last char didnt raid yet but transferring everything that i got and ranking up faction some 5 times got him to 384.

The raid gave me a nice boost to my ghost and artifact last week, this week I wasn't so lucky.

Going to start farming archon forge for those class items though.

The raid gave me a nice boost to my ghost and artifact last week, this week I wasn't so lucky.

Going to start farming archon forge for those class items though.

But did they drop? Or were they just not a LL upgrade? Curious if its guaranteed.

noomi

But did they drop? Or were they just not a LL upgrade? Curious if its guaranteed.

This week only my warlock had a ghost drop, nothing for my hunter or titan. Also no artifact drops this week at all.

Class item seems to be MIA for me, the last piece I need for my hunter.

The new raid weapon names are some of my favorites

Genesis Chain~
Ether Nova~
Chaos Dogma~
Quantiplasm~

Seriously. Whoever came up with these names is awesome.

Hey all, thinking of finally, finally, finally getting into this game. Wondering, I am starting from scratch, is it possible to play alone? Would it be best to get the vanilla version first to see how I like it? I played the demo / free trial and liked the gameplay. The reason I was always turned off is because I feel like I am so far behind, compared to other people.

SeanR1221

All of them haha. The rocket is the weakest of the raid weapons as there are better rocket launchers if you get a good roll.

I'd say the auto and fusion are tier one. Scout and shotgun are tier two. But some people might say the scout is tier one also. Either way... That fusion rifle is nasty.

Ok cool, I'll hold on to the fusion rifle then :)

We made it to the end boss last night and called it quits. Hopefully I get some armor or the auto rifle!

Zakalwe

Banned
Hey all, thinking of finally, finally, finally getting into this game. Wondering, I am starting from scratch, is it possible to play alone? Would it be best to get the vanilla version first to see how I like it? I played the demo / free trial and liked the gameplay. The reason I was always turned off is because I feel like I am so far behind, compared to other people.

If you buy the latest game with everything included, you'll be able to catch up incredibly quickly.

However, I'd just relax. Ignore the level booster for your first character and work through the story missions. Get to know the game systems, get a feel for the gunplay, etc...

People here often run low level characters. I just deleted my hunter and warlock to start over for the fun of it, for example.

You'll almost always be able to find someone to team up with here or on the Discord channel. Don't feel overwhelmed, this community is brilliant for helping our new players.

Feel free to add me if you decide to join us: astropoff.

Top Bottom