• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

If you buy the latest game with everything included, you'll be able to catch up incredibly quickly.

However, I'd just relax. Ignore the level booster for your first character and work through the story missions. Get to know the game systems, get a feel for the gunplay, etc...

People here often run low level characters. I just deleted my hunter and warlock to start over for the fun of it, for example.

You'll almost always be able to find someone to team up with here or on the Discord channel. Don't feel overwhelmed, this community is brilliant for helping our new players.

Feel free to add me if you decide to join us: astropoff.

Cool, thanks! Is this the PS4 community? I am an Xbox One owner.. :(

Toddler

Supremacy dropped Ill Will at 380 with Trip Tap & Mulligan. I don't fancy reloading that much anyway.

Also, some questions about Chanelling the Corruption:

Are there any parts of this I can do solo? If not, do the other firearm members have to be at the same stage of the quest that I am? I'm only at the 2nd part of the quest (Synchronize the SIVA) and I'm not sure how to even do this part, much less find 2 other guardians that are at the same part of the quest that I am.

Melchiah

Primary options:

Nirwens Mercy (my fav)
Hung Jury
Or this thing I just got:

faXCRNA.png

Damn. Firefly and explosive rounds. o_O

I've been playing Destiny since the alpha/beta phase... and i JUST NOW LEARNED...

you can infuse armor from one class into another! Christ... i can bring my two alts up to 365+ in an instant today and i had no idea lol SMH

Also - I need Dunemarchers. How many different leg exotics exist... what are my chances? I want to either buy 1 leg engram from Xur or spend my 90 strange coins this week all on 3oC. I just cant figure out the most efficient way. Has anyone "solved" the 3oC drop rate and cooldown etc.?

I've been playing Destiny since the alpha/beta phase... and i JUST NOW LEARNED...

you can infuse armor from one class into another! Christ... i can bring my two alts up to 365+ in an instant today and i had no idea lol SMH

Also - I need Dunemarchers. How many different leg exotics exist... what are my chances? I want to either buy 1 leg engram from Xur or spend my 90 strange coins this week all on 3oC. I just cant figure out the most efficient way. Has anyone "solved" the 3oC drop rate and cooldown etc.?

Those leg engrams are legacy as in they're from year one and can't be infused. Don't waste your coins

LiK

Please don't despair. It's always like this at first, and newbie raids are coming soon, I promise. The collective knowledge and average light of the community will steadily increase over time, and no one will be left behind unless they want to be. Crazy as it might sound, I advise that you try and enjoy these early days of struggle- they are what make the payoff that much sweeter.

It might seem like it's half-and-half here in the bubble of DGAF, and for all I know it might well be. But consider this: within the Destiny community at large, 0.7% of players have completed Wrath of the Machine thus far.

I'm just hoping to get to raid faster so I can get the Outbreak Prime. by the time I join, I won't be able to find anyone to do those shitty engine quests with. :(

Fig did a raid with us beggining through end yesterday at 354 light. She finished it at 363 or so. Its doable if you have a team of 375+ willing to carry the weakest player. Its not gonna be the most fun experience for you however, you die a lot and will probably cause some wipes. Although fig actually died less than almost everyone on the last boss, she had more trouble on the death zamboni part.

who? anyway, would be good if I can play the beginning of the raid at least so i can start getting some higher LL drops. The climb outta 353 LL is hell.

LiK

MIDA! One of the only guns I've truly missed since switching from PS3 to Xbox.

Oh, yes. It will be mine.

GVu4Tqm.jpg

it appears a lot of guys are still using it in PVP. maybe I'll take that outta the Vault and Infuse it. altho I'm enjoying the Khvostov. it absolutely destroys guys even at a distance.I just need to get the rest of the upgrades to make it even better.

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm just hoping to get to raid faster so I can get the Outbreak Prime. by the time I join, I won't be able to find anyone to do those shitty engine quests with. :(

who? anyway, would be good if I can play the beginning of the raid at least so i can start getting some higher LL drops. The climb outta 353 LL is hell.

What are you doing to level? I found it incredibly swift/consistant all the way to 365.

Also, there are plenty of us taking our time in regards to the raid. I'm running my first tonight, but I have a few friends who are staggered and will want blind runs and quests etc... plus Hawkian will be running newbie raids, plus people are always willing to help.

Channel the Drizzay motivation man. Remember the VoG days!

People who have already done the quests can get the engine again from Shiro, so it shouldn't be too tough to get people to help out in the future.

LiK

What are you doing to level? I found it incredibly swift/consistant all the way to 365.

Also, there are plenty of us taking our time in regards to the raid. I'm running my first tonight, but I have a few friends who are staggered and will want blind runs and quests etc... plus Hawkian will be running newbie raids, plus people are always willing to help.

Channel the Drizzay motivation man. Remember the VoG days!

Been doing Heroic Strikes but it's a pain in the ass at my current LL. Was testing out PVP last night and kept getting the same LL or below for any gear that dropped. That was a bust.

What did you do to get to 365?

Born2Live

I'll happily do the quest again on my alts to help people get the quest for the first time.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

Bro. I'll do it with you. I'm pretty behind as well. =)

ch4fx_

If you don't mind the repetition, run Sepiks Perfected over & over. It's MUCH easier than running the harder strikes with modifiers. Selecting "The Devils Lair" from Earth & putting it on hard will give you the Sepiks Perfected strike with zero modifiers. It's cake! Even with ransoms, its 10-15 mins per run.

Do that for a few hours & I (almost) guarantee you'll be 365 in no time.

People who have already done the quests can get the engine again from Shiro, so it shouldn't be too tough to get people to help out in the future.

Canis here - You ever finish up the raid or start a new one and get the engine?

I'd like to set up a full raid for tomorrow sometime to do it all over if you still need to.

LiK

I'd Like to do the quest... Warlock 371

But I never did the RAID... I dont know if its fine...

Raid is required so you'll have to do it either way. You're way above the required LL for it. Should be fine for you to join a group here.

Bro. I'll do it with you. I'm pretty behind as well. =)

Cool.

If you don't mind the repetition, run Sepiks Perfected over & over. It's MUCH easier than running the harder strikes with modifiers. Selecting "The Devils Lair" from Earth & putting it on hard will give you the Sepiks Perfected strike with zero modifiers. It's cake! Even with ransoms, its 10-15 mins per run.

Do that for a few hours & I (almost) guarantee you'll be 365 in no time.

I'll need some Gaffers to join me. Played this Strike with randoms and it takes way too long cuz they wanna kill every fucking thing even after we can keep going to next section.

Zakalwe

Banned
Been doing Heroic Strikes but it's a pain in the ass at my current LL. Was testing out PVP last night and kept getting the same LL or below for any gear that dropped. That was a bust.

Heroics, nightfall, AF, S perfected, CoE, CoO (for Eris rep), some pvp. Plus anything to raise faction level.

No trick or anything. I just found it pretty consistant. Just spamming HSs gets old fast when you have to deal with leavers and people without decent gear for the task.

Number45

This week only my warlock had a ghost drop, nothing for my hunter or titan. Also no artifact drops this week at all.

Class item seems to be MIA for me, the last piece I need for my hunter.
Archon's Forge seems to drop 90% class items, although I'm not sure how high they go. Definitely above 365 (I've had 367).

Did two hours of heroic strikes, 0 skeleton keys. Hot fixes.
Didn't the hotfix just address the NF issue? Drop rate is really low across all activities as far as I can tell - I've had more luck with running normal mode, but that's probably because you're going to complete more runs in the same amount of time.

LiK

Heroics, nightfall, AF, S perfected, CoE, CoO (for Eris rep), some pvp. Plus anything to raise faction level.

No trick or anything. I just found it pretty consistant. Just spamming HSs gets old fast when you have to deal with leavers and people without decent gear for the task.

even doing Heroic Strikes with a few Gaffers was quite a chore at around low 350s. Felt like doing NF, tbh, lol

Tjamato88

So I only have one alt character a level 20 Titan. I have two Sparks of Light (the TTK version that goes to level 25 and the ROI version that goes to 40) so I'm wonder what I should do with them.

Boost my Titan to 40? Boost him to 25 and start a third character and boost that one to 40?

Any recommendations?

My light level progress last night:

Rank up Vanguard:
Arms + Butt Towel (at or below current LL)

Rank up FWC:
Butt Towel + Butt Towel (at or below current LL)

AF
Butt Towel (at or below current LL)
Butt Towel (+1 LL on the towel !!!!)

Rank up FWC:

Rank up Crucible:

Shaxfall:
Glasshouse ( +8 LL...OH MY!)

The emotional swings, man...I just can't take it.

void666

Banned
Wasted a ton of heavy ammo synths ranking up DO in hopes of getting a ghost. Mine is 363. RNGesus gave me 3 butt towels. At least one was an upgrade to the one i had.

LiK

i'll take any drops that go above 354. that seems to be my current cap even with Faction rewards and Strikes.

So I only have one alt character a level 20 Titan. I have two Sparks of Light (the TTK version that goes to level 25 and the ROI version that goes to 40) so I'm wonder what I should do with them.

Boost my Titan to 40? Boost him to 25 and start a third character and boost that one to 40?

Any recommendations?

Id boost the 20 to 25 (or just play through) and boost the other new character straight to 40. It's probably your best use of time.

My light level progress last night:

Rank up Vanguard:

Rank up FWC:
Butt Towel + Butt Towel (at or below current LL)

AF
Butt Towel (+1 LL on the towel !!!!)

Rank up FWC:

Rank up Crucible:

Shaxfall:
Glasshouse ( +8 LL...OH MY!)

The emotional swings, man...I just can't take it.

365 to 385 is broken AF honestly. With only the slim chance or faction rewards, raid shit and exotics to infuse into gear to gain light... it's horrible. Legendaries should really be dropping up to 385. Esp. when the WofM final encounter jumps to f'n 380.

It feels like Bungie forgot something or set something up wrong.

Top Bottom