• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

i'll take any drops that go above 354. that seems to be my current cap even with Faction rewards and Strikes.

I really wonder sometimes. I know Drizzay would say that is just RNG and any pattern you see is just you trying to make sense of random. BUT sometimes it really feels like you get some kind or RNG seed that puts you in a weird rut.

We were doing the Omnigul farm and I was stuck on 359 for a whole bunch of runs. We went to the tower to clean up inventory and grab any missed engrams from the post office.

When we went back to Omnigul I shot straight up to 365 in as much time as I was stuck on 359 not moving the needle.

noomi

f7FdEdG.jpg

Damn straight!

Unrelated, but are you still playing The Division? I haven't returned since my son was born, couldn't be bothered. From what I understand the game is a mess now...

Didn't the hotfix just address the NF issue? Drop rate is really low across all activities as far as I can tell - I've had more luck with running normal mode, but that's probably because you're going to complete more runs in the same amount of time.

I know, it just seems that the drop rate is now even worse than before. Three hours, no skeleton key.
The one I got yesterday after the patch gave my 386 char two 384 things. Great...

Damn straight!

Unrelated, but are you still playing The Division? I haven't returned since my son was born, couldn't be bothered. From what I understand the game is a mess now...

::triggered::

Nope. I stopped playing after the first "raid" lol. What a joke. I got so incredibly frustrated with how they seemed to have no idea how to support their own endgame so I quit cold turkey. Just up and stopped playing altogether.

It's a shame really. I really, really was enjoying the experience and reigning terror in the DZ. Maybe Division 2 will draw me back, but as far as this current game is concerned, I probably won't touch it again. :/

Also, how is dad life!

LiK

I really wonder sometimes. I know Drizzay would say that is just RNG and any pattern you see is just you trying to make sense of random. BUT sometimes it really feels like you get some kind or RNG seed that puts you in a weird rut.

We were doing the Omnigul farm and I was stuck on 359 for a whole bunch of runs. We went to the tower to clean up inventory and grab any missed engrams from the post office.

When we went back to Omnigul I shot straight up to 365 in as much time as I was stuck on 359 not moving the needle.

i really wish i did the Omnigul farm earlier before they fixed it. now it's gonna be a real grind to get outta 350s hell.

Damn straight!

Division has/had a major patch to fix end game stuff and other issues. But until they release a substantial DLC that is story-related or related to the campaign, they can fuck off. The dungeon stuff is pointless.

oSoLucky

LiK, what time are you gonna be available today? I have a good friend at 372 that's getting held back by some of our(bad) RL friends and I might try to set up a run for some first time clears. Honestly, if everyone pays attention, it will only take a couple wipes to learn phase 2 of the final boss and with me being 381, him at 372 and one more 370, execution will be the problem, not dps.

LiK

LiK, what time are you gonna be available today? I have a good friend at 372 that's getting held back by some of our(bad) RL friends and I might try to set up a run for some first time clears. Honestly, if everyone pays attention, it will only take a couple wipes to learn phase 2 of the final boss and with me being 381, him at 372 and one more 370, execution will be the problem, not dps.

most likely at night. after 6PM EST. i watched a video guide and none of it seems too bad. just hope i get better gear along the way so i can survive the hits. :p

xuchu

Could I join please? What time are you guys thinking? Still haven't beaten the last phase of aksis. Got a 374 warlock.

My psn is Talos_AI

Wallach

Well, I hit 370 without going in the raid yet this morning. I think it would have gone by faster if they did smart loot with the Skeleton Key chests; you'd think it wouldn't be necessary but it has a pretty negative impact on any strike with more than 1 strike-specific item. There's so few items in the strike-specific pool that it would make a lot more sense to me than moving the Skeleton Key drop rate up further. They also don't really seem to be doing any kind of polling of your slots by their Light level, which would have moved things along faster when pulling from faction packages. Overall I can't complain too much I guess, but I think the non-raid options are too streaky right now for how far they clamped on increment pacing.

Well, I hit 370 without going in the raid yet this morning. I think it would have gone by faster if they did smart loot with the Skeleton Key chests; you'd think it wouldn't be necessary but it has a pretty negative impact on any strike with more than 1 strike-specific item. There's so few items in the strike-specific pool that it would make a lot more sense to me than moving the Skeleton Key drop rate up further. They also don't really seem to be doing any kind of polling of your slots by their Light level, which would have moved things along faster when pulling from faction packages. Overall I can't complain too much I guess, but I think the non-raid options are too streaky right now for how far they clamped on increment pacing.

Am at 369 with no raid. Doing a 20+ Archon Forge train last night helped.

Clunker

Anyone up for nightfall on Xbox? GT is Holden Cawffle - I'm a little low (357) but I make up for it in style and panache!

Born2Live

I'm down to help you with a clear if you need me I cleared it with you a couple of days ago with my Warlock. I could bring my Hunter at 373.

6pm EST works well for me if that's the time LiK is available.

Taborcarn

Is the Byronic Hero hand cannon any good? I'm just trying to increase light level past 340 on my own and I picked up one with Triple Tap and Luck in the Chamber.

Anyone up for nightfall on Xbox? GT is Holden Cawffle - I'm a little low (357) but I make up for it in style and panache!

If you're on later tonight I'd be down.

Also, anyone else get the But Not Forgotten snipper riffle? Love the damn thing so much.

noomi

::triggered::

Nope. I stopped playing after the first "raid" lol. What a joke. I got so incredibly frustrated with how they seemed to have no idea how to support their own endgame so I quit cold turkey. Just up and stopped playing altogether.

It's a shame really. I really, really was enjoying the experience and reigning terror in the DZ. Maybe Division 2 will draw me back, but as far as this current game is concerned, I probably won't touch it again. :/

Also, how is dad life!

You know, I enjoyed at the begging as well. I loved the atmosphere and I played with some friends which made the game a lot of fun. Towards the end though, the game started to be more frustrating than fun for me.

Dad life is great, but it becomes pretty difficult to keep up with everything :p Time and sleep, never have enough lol.

Division has/had a major patch to fix end game stuff and other issues. But until they release a substantial DLC that is story-related or related to the campaign, they can fuck off. The dungeon stuff is pointless.

So I've heard, and since I only have enough time for one game at a time these days, my focus is completely on Destiny for the moment.

Wallach

If you're on later tonight I'd be down.

Also, anyone else get the But Not Forgotten snipper riffle? Love the damn thing so much.

I have like three of these things because of the Forge. Really like it, though I've been using Devil's Dawn more. The BNF I've been using has Hidden Hand, Hand-Laid Stock and I think Quickdraw / Armor Piercing Rounds; I kind of like the moderate range, high stability angle with Linear Compensator for PvE. The kick just goes perfectly straight up about an inch, and makes it easy to put all shots on something.

Also have one with Perfect Balance, Explosive Rounds and Triple Tap / Hidden Hand I haven't leveled yet. Might switch over to that one when I get around to it.

lt519

So who has been rolling around with the Nemesis Star in crucible? Thing is an absolute monster.

Also, raid hype for my group tonight, going in blind, going to be fun!

SgtCobra

The Ophidian Aspect is such a nice exotic to use...But I cannot let go of the Voidfang Vestments...It's just sooo good...

Wallach

After playing through the raid for a second time, I decided to switch out saint 14 for the glasshouse. With the way the fights are set up, a longer blessing or weapons buff seems like it will be more useful in the long run. And yes, there's a year two glasshouse.

Missed this post - I guess that's the helm I'm missing in the Y2 kiosk then, and I'd probably run that for Defender in the new raid. Still kind of questionable I feel like just due to the nature of how the encounters are set up, but still likely more beneficial than Saint-14. My instinct would still be to favor Ruin Wings or Dunemarchers, though.

JJShadow

Run the raid this morning with some friends,

it was a really smooth run until Aksys phase 2, where unfortunately we gave up after many tries. We were 3 365-368 and 3 370-373, do you think we were missing some DPS or is more of a coordination thing?

it was a really smooth run until Aksys phase 2, where unfortunately we gave up after many tries. We were 3 365-368 and 3 370-373, do you think we were missing some DPS or is more of a coordination thing?

Welcome to the club.

And it's almost always a communication issue. Every group I've been in had done great dps, but one of us would eventually die or mess up in some other way and the whole thing crumbled.

darkwing

that is possible, just did it earlier

LTWood12

It's absolutely doable with that make-up of Light levels.
Were you getting through all the phases then just dying because you'd ran out of pillars, or were ya'll wiping due to missing dunks?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think I am done with Destiny. Last night, after ranking up Crucible, Vanguard, Faction and finishing the weekly Crucible quest for 'nightfall tier' awards my overall light level did not increase at all. And I dont mean increase in light level, I mean the bar b/w 370-371 did not move an inch.

How is that possible? Well, since i turned 365 I havent had any artifacts or ghosts drop. I even leveled up Eris Morn last week and she gave me a class item instead. Crucible has yet to drop any weapons or armor pieces for me in two weeks and around 30 games. It has dropped 5 titans marks which are always below or the same as what i already have since everything drops class items in this expansion. Oh and last night it dropped a ship for me! Bungie you know exactly what i want!!

We stopped at the Raid's final boss the other day which screwed me because apparently the boss drops a guaranteed ghost or artifact. Quiet a weird decision considering its pretty much the last encounter in a 370 raid.

I cant help but feel that this is all a very conscious decision on their part. First they turned down the smart loot system of 1-6 light levels higher than your overall LL to 1-3. Then they removed a guaranteed way of getting artifacts. Now you can only get it by ranking up Eris Morn which means running 20 Antiquated runes and her weekly bounties. Even then she gave me a class item so its not guaranteed. Ghost dropped from the first or second chest in Kings Fall, now it drops in the second to last chest.

Legendaries cap at 365, CoE caps at 365, even though the minimum LL for the Raid is 370. Though its very doable at 365. They basically dont want to see you level up too fast. They dont want to reward you for playing the game. I get it. I should play the game if I'm having fun and forget about leveling up, but this is a game about leveling up. That's a huge part of its appeal. It's frustrating just sitting there opening packages and seeing shit drop every single day.

Raid is fucking amazing and the loot drops are much better so I will be sticking with just the raid every week. If Bungie wants to keep me playing by going back to its year 1 roots and wasting my fucking time then I wont give them the satisfaction. The funny thing is that I was addicted to the game when I was leveling up to 335 after the April update, and kept playing the game despite hitting 335 for over a month until ROI came out. So their fear that people will leave the game after hitting max level is completely unfounded.

I dont know. Maybe i am super unlucky. Maybe my game is glitched and ghosts dont drop from packages anymore after 365. Or Maybe not since Bungie made conscious decisions to keep ghosts and artifacts locked at the end of the raid. Final straw with a legendary 371 boot drop from the crucible weekly bounty. 1 full LL above my overall LL.

I don't think dps should have been a problem, given the light levels. Some questions.

What heavies were being used?
How many titans? Were they using WoL?
How many hunters? Were they bowing him on the 3rd teleport?
Did three people use the cannons to damage the boss each damage phase?
Were you able to communicate where each empowered person was for each teleport?

LiK

j5QcmXoFWl4Q0.gif

Lol, I was playing like shit last night. Too many beers. Some close matches there though.

i should probably mention that was the first time we were ever caught in that Daily Heroic stealth section. didn't even know what happened. so at least we know now,. also, i totally blame Colonel for getting caught. i was right behind him. lol

lt519

I get it. I should play the game if I'm having fun and forget about leveling up, but this is a game about leveling up.

You have a very long post history of beefs with the games leveling system. You should take your own advice and just play what is fun and level up as it comes to you. This content will be the main content until a light content drop sometime before Destiny 2. You have plenty of time to max out. People rushing to LL 385 are doing so for ultimately no reason. You could have finished the raid at your level and been content to just play random content and slowly play your way up to 375 for the Heroic raid but instead you put this massive amount of pressure on yourself and Bungie to drip feed you a new light level every night.

I for one love the slow progression. I'm using a ton of new weapons and armor that I never would have since I want to use my highest LL gear. I've discovered some great new weapons and skills I never thought I had in PvP.

Some honest advice about leveling. Buy a ton of 3 of coins this weekend and play Crucible playlist that you enjoy. You should get an exotic drop every 4-5 games and from what I've seen exotics give the biggest LL boost.

PuMa

i should probably mention that was the first time we were ever caught in that Daily Heroic stealth section. didn't even know what happened. so at least we know now,. also, i totally blame Colonel for getting caught. i was right behind him. lol

Hah, he tried blaming you. I have no idea - never seen that before. I sprinted up ahead with mah shiny dunemarchers!

X-Frame

Some WotM final boss questions please before our raid tonight:

1. I'm still unsure what the team heavy load out should be. What does the most DPS with highest margin of error? I've seen those that say Cannon players should use Swords to kill their Captains and then during the DPS phase just sword Aksis (Dark Drinker, Raze Lighter), which I'm sure do some damage (with high ammo capacity) but they miss out on WoL if they sat back with Gjally or Sleeper. Sleeper seems like the highest DPS.

EDIT: This is also assuming that 3 players are using the Scorch Cannons for DPS and that they are already used. So Cannon users have Swords for their Captain and the bomb thrower shave long range Heavies like Gjally and Sleeper?

2. Are people still using the Buddy System during Phase 2? Where Bomb throwers always follow their Cannon buddies around the map? For example Cannon player needs to rotate to the other side to kill his Servitor and his buddy follows him to pick it up and throw it.

3. Is it confirmed that Aksis has 3 or 4 crit spots? I was shooting him in his spine and getting crit markers. I also heard his knees and legs are crit spots too (along with his head obviously). Apparently the deal different damage too with the head offering the least damage.

Thank you!

Top Bottom