• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

keakster

Does re-rolling raid gear have a chance to change the INT/DIS/STR values?

Just tried on my chest piece but only ever moved numbers around, each time they stayed 58 & 59

z4chc3na

Had a horrible time trying to run my first normal mode WOTM last night with LFG people from the web. No patience for me being the only person having not done it. Hopefully I can do one again tonight with people hay have a little more patience!!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Had a horrible time trying to run my first normal mode WOTM last night with LFG people from the web. No patience for me being the only person having not done it. Hopefully I can do one again tonight with people hay have a little more patience!!
Keep your eyes peeled for sign-ups for the next newbie raid! Will either be Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon EST.

Melchiah

Managed to beat The Wretched Eye strike on heroic, despite of the void burn, and it was worth it. I got 384 level Fr0st-EE5 exotic leg armor with ToC from it. The perk, "Tighter turn radius while sprinting. Increased grenade and melee regeneration while sprinting.", seems interesting, but might take some time to get used to. I haven't had the time to test it in battleground yet, but I was running to walls in the tower while sprinting. =D

Managed to beat The Wretched Eye strike on heroic, despite of the void burn, and it was worth it. I got 384 level Fr0st-EE5 exotic leg armor with ToC from it. The perk, "Tighter turn radius while sprinting. Increased grenade and melee regeneration while sprinting.", seems interesting, but might take some time to get used to. I haven't had the time to test it in battleground yet, but I was running to walls in the tower while sprinting. =D

They "were" bugged... but i "think" they were fixed. They didn't actually increase your nade/melee cool-downs before. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will know for sure.

Dalek

What armor is the armor I saw in the videos with the flames inside of it?

Keep your eyes peeled for sign-ups for the next newbie raid! Will either be Thursday evening or Saturday afternoon EST.

oh man...can I pay to get priority seating for the Saturday afternoon raid?

:D

I watched this guide before the raid and it explains well the mechanics for normal bosses in WOTM. Nothing is super complicated but obviously not knowing the mechanics will wipe any group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIkRgzDVIw

stay gold

They "were" bugged... but i "think" they were fixed. They didn't actually increase your nade/melee cool-downs before. I'm sure someone else more knowledgeable will know for sure.

Yeah they're fixed now. Cuts your cooldowns in half, so about 12 seconds of sprinting gets you a grenade charge at T5 Dis. Very good exotic, if a bit ugly.

gspec

Crucible Legendary loot drops.

Do the Crucible drop legendary armor loot besides class items? I haven't seen any in the games I have played.

z4chc3na

I watched this guide before the raid and it explains well the mechanics for normal bosses in WOTM. Nothing is super complicated but obviously not knowing the mechanics will wipe any group.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRIkRgzDVIw
I watched the achievement hunter walkthrough afterwards so I wouldn't be a hinderance anymore and i think I understand most of it now. I just got back into destiny about two weeks before ROI and the only raid experience I have was a failed VoG when it first came out.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Crucible Legendary loot drops.

Do the Crucible drop legendary armor loot besides class items? I haven't seen any in the games I have played.

I haven't either. it's only been weapons and class items and I did four weekly bounties this week.

Trials is supposed to drop an armor piece on your fifth win on the card.

ch4fx_

If you miss Hawkians raid, or aren't available for it, shoot me a friend request. I'm with a good group of guys who will be happy to help you through. Weekends are usually the easiest, but we might be able to squeeze in a run throughout the week depending on who all is online.

My PSN is the same as my GAF name. I'm usually free after 9 CST, hopefully that doesn't conflict with your play schedule.

FinKL

For Vosik's DPS phase, 3 more bombs drop.

Is the best way to go about this part
1) Throw all 3 at one time (would it do substantially more damage vs 1 at a time)
2) Have the boss already tethered (Does it stack w/ the 3 bombs going off?)

Certain groups I've downed Vosik in 3 phases, and I've had a first timer group recently go to 5 so I'm wondering if those bombs are the major contribution of DPS

Melchiah

Yeah they're fixed now. Cuts your cooldowns in half, so about 12 seconds of sprinting gets you a grenade charge at T5 Dis. Very good exotic, if a bit ugly.

Good to hear. Thanks.

You're right about the looks, and unfortunately that goes for pretty much all Hunter exotics, aside from Celestial Nighthawk. Too bad I like Nightstalker sub-class more. I've mostly kept on using mixed legendary gear that please my eyes, despite of better gear being available, a bit like its with fashion Souls. ;)

Here's a bit old capture, with a mix of Dream-Eater, Raku Poltergeist, Endling, and Neuroghast gear:
sQuzzI4.jpg

z4chc3na

If you miss Hawkians raid, or aren't available for it, shoot me a friend request. I'm with a good group of guys who will be happy to help you through. Weekends are usually the easiest, but we might be able to squeeze in a run throughout the week depending on who all is online.

My PSN is the same as my GAF name. I'm usually free after 9 CST, hopefully that doesn't conflict with your play schedule.
FR sent. Perfect for my schedule

Mind if I send you a request as well? Been through it once but I'm trying to get more experience if you ever happen to have a Normal slot open. (PSN: Appletz). 383 light Titan atm.

SpecX

I have been completely out of it with Destiny this past week. What have I missed out on? I know hard mode released and LL increased. I was able to sneak in some time and leveled up from 375 to 383 in 2 hours which is extremely nice. Other than the festival, anything big coming up this week?

z4chc3na

Mind if I send you a request as well? Been through it once but I'm trying to get more experience if you ever happen to have a Normal slot open. (PSN: Appletz). 383 light Titan atm.
If you want add me. A buddy and I may be trying to get a group together around 7/8 CST tonight

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
So that's why you wanted to play trials yesterday.

lol. the great draught of chest armor is making me do crazy things.

But no, I actually have more selfish reasons than that... I wanna get that record book done asap before I stop playing the game. It's the only thing left besides Hard mode story missions.

RNG pins gave me a great laugh, but I ended up buying a couple...

As such I have an EXTRA Resurrectionist emblem to give away.

I took the cheapest emblem route and bought the mask pdf, though now I kinda wish I had ordered the Iron Lord pin instead.
At least now you get the emblem code right away and don't have to wait for the pins to arrive.

Deku Tree

RNG pins gave me a great laugh, but I ended up buying a couple...

As such I have an EXTRA Resurrectionist emblem to give away.

Quote to Reveal

If you buy three of them will they at least guarantee that you get all the RNG pins??

ps thanks for the emblem code!

darthbob

I took the cheapest emblem route and bought the mask pdf, though now I kinda wish I had ordered the Iron Lord pin instead.
At least now you get the emblem code right away and don't have to wait for the pins to arrive.

Kinda weird that they're selling the .pdfs to make your own masks, but I guess that's for people who mainly just want to buy the emblem lol

If you buy three of them will they at least guarantee that you get all the RNG pins??

ps thanks for the emblem code!

probably just get 3 sleeper simulants lol

enjoy the emblem!

This past week, my raid team attempted hard mode and got crushed at Visok. My team consists of most people just shy of 380 and two people over 385. My char is at 388 and the other is in the 390s. I was wondering how I could get myself and my team up to 390. I was thinking of doing strikes and the weekly crucible bounty. Any tips?

Kinda weird that they're selling the .pdfs to make your own masks, but I guess that's for people who mainly just want to buy the emblem lol

If the Iron Lords pin would have been the only new one, I'd most probably bought it since I have the other two. But now theres a gazillion new ones, expensive packs, and RNG... Too much all at once for me.

Top Bottom