• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hit 400 light. Wohoo.

Any bumper jumpers here?

I've just started using an auto rifle for the first time and I can't be as agile as I am with a pistol.

Was thinking of changing, worth the hassle?

Do people change in every game once they get used to it?

Waldini

Damn.

The drop rate on Armor Pieces is terrible.
I've been doing the Weekly Raid 3 times each week ... and so far managed to grab maybe 4 armor pieces spread over 3 characters?

Ive been getting a shit ton of weapons though ... but everything I have is 400 already.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's frustrating that Bungie hid all of the Y1/Y2 faction great behind Eververse.

There should be a "legacy" package when you rank up.

Couldn't be it. We waited until the third damage window to avoid that issue. I still don't know what the issue was and I watched the recorded footage. *shrugs*

Sucks because we didn't have a checkpoint to go back and do it again so we all just had to leave.

If you can, post up the footage? it may be a rare bug or something?

Waldini

Couldn't be it. We waited until the third damage window to avoid that issue. I still don't know what the issue was and I watched the recorded footage. *shrugs*

Sucks because we didn't have a checkpoint to go back and do it again so we all just had to leave.

If the damage done to Aksis is too high and he hasn't finished cycling through all his teleports he'll sort-of "glitch" out and teleport again. Only this time, you can not slam Aksis nor the plate. It's a bug in the Raid which triggers more often then not.

We had Aksis down before his final teleport and we got the Ornament but not weapons. When looking back, we did way too much damage and it took Aksis longer to teleport back to the middle. Might suggest he teleported an additional time but... o well.

If the damage done to Aksis is too high and he hasn't finished cycling through all his teleports he'll sort-of "glitch" out and teleport again. Only this time, you can not slam Aksis nor the plate. It's a bug in the Raid which triggers more often then not.

We had Aksis down before his final teleport and we got the Ornament but not weapons. When looking back, we did way too much damage and it took Aksis longer to teleport back to the middle. Might suggest he teleported an additional time but... o well.

Yeah, this happens when you do too much damage before the third teleport during a phase. After doing "too much damage" Aksis will teleport but will not fully form as he normally would but rather stay the translucent red color which he only stays in that location for a nanosecond before going to final stand making it impossible to super-charge or slam him so you're left with finishing him off and failing the challenge or wiping.

So, basically no matter how many phases/cycles it takes you to kill him you should always edge his health down to where you will be able to send him to final stand after the third teleport and DPS phase.

Edit: I found this out accidentally the first time as last week I thought I completed a CM encounter but when I didn't see the Adept Genesis Chain drop I just was disapointed and moved on figuring I'd be waiting another four weeks for another chance at it only to have a player I was playing with tell me yesterday that we didn't actually complete the encounter due to the above so we ran it again, tested doing too much damage, had the above description happen, and then wiped so we could avoid doing too much damage and complete the challenge.

...and then I found the Adept Genesis Chain at the Postmaster making my WotM Adept collection complete.

Yeah, this happens when you do too much damage before the third teleport during a phase.

Pretty sure it's if you do the last bit of damage sending him to final stand after he has started a teleport— so he finishes the teleport then immediately goes to final stand before you can slam and dunk. If you can get him to final stand before the teleport starts then you're fine. Watched a video the other day of people taking him out in the second teleport of the second phase— they nearly did it in one phase so there wasn't much damage to do.

There's no reason not to play it safe and wait until the third teleport if you're concerned.

Pretty sure it's if you do the last bit of damage sending him to final stand after he has started a teleport— so he finishes the teleport then immediately goes to final stand before you can slam and dunk. If you can get him to final stand before the teleport starts then you're fine. Watched a video the other day of people taking him out in the second teleport of the second phase— they nearly did it in one phase so there wasn't much damage to do.

There's no reason not to play it safe and wait until the third teleport if you're concerned.

I guess that could be the reason too. We just found it to happen consistently doing too much damage before allowing Aksis to teleport three times during a phase/cycle. Could have been a coincidence.

Hit 400 light. Wohoo.

Any bumper jumpers here?

I've just started using an auto rifle for the first time and I can't be as agile as I am with a pistol.

Was thinking of changing, worth the hassle?

Do people change in every game once they get used to it?

I have no regrets using Bumper Jumper. Been using this scheme since Halo 3. So worth it once you're used to it.

123rl

My new beast. It's The Wounded scout rifle with Full Auto, Crowd Control, and Outlaw - all three selectable at the same time! I can count on one hand how many scouts I've seen with three active perks. This thing is a fucking beast
iqMBRAR.jpg

TyrantII

Nightfall this week with the Genesis Chain, Vex Mythoclast, and Solar class is super sexy fun.

My Solar Titan didn't even need a weapon with the grenade spam.

Nightfall anyone?

I'll start solo and if anyone wants to join me that would be much appreciated.

PSN: BobelacX

(I'll post if it fills up)

Edit, room for 1

shermas

Nightfall this week with the Genesis Chain, Vex Mythoclast, and Solar class is super sexy fun.

My Solar Titan didn't even need a weapon with the grenade spam.

Seconded.. NF is fun as hell this week. Warlock solar nade spam the entire thing, just res'ing for no reason, tossing them everywhere... melting everything. The boss 'fight' took about 8 seconds. I don't even think the shank made it off the opening platform.

and I got a purple helmet, 18 coins and a class item.

I dont know why, but I look forward to TDB. Maybe because its not 5 hours long. I enjoy it. I also like the breaks during the boss fights, Its just weird, its like a chance for your team to bond and talk things out. Like when we are all hiding in the room waiting for Crota to go back to the middle.

shermas

I dont know why, but I look forward to TDB. Maybe because its not 5 hours long. I enjoy it. I also like the breaks during the boss fights, Its just weird, its like a chance for your team to bond and talk things out. Like when we are all hiding in the room waiting for Crota to go back to the middle.

I like the bridge encounter because it's like six guys kind of doing their own thing and holding it down. It's almost like being on patrol and just kind of picking off enemies for a while, waiting until you grab your sword and make a charge across the bridge.

You can totally BS and chat.

That Crota fight, after a wipe, has a little too much standing around for me.

Detective

What up Guardians :D

Quick question; Require discovery weapons blueprint. Everything not shown on the display, how do I discover those weapons guys? Is there a location for these blueprints?

Appreciate it the help guys.

Require discovery weapons blueprint. Everything not shown on the display, how do I discover those weapons guys? Is there a location for these blueprints?

Do you mean in the exotic weapons kiosk? Most are random drops (raids, three of coins, nightfall, Shaxx weeklies), so you will unlock them in the kiosk when they first unlock for you. Others are done via quest: the swords, Sleeper Simulant, Chaperone, Khvostov, Gjallahorn, Necrochasm, Outbreak Prime, Touch of Malice, Black Spindle, Thorn, No Time To Explain, The First Curse, Tlaloc, Ace of Spades, Fabian Strategy, Abadon, Nova Mortis, Boolean Gemini.

Detective

Do you mean in the exotic weapons kiosk? Most are random drops (raids, three of coins, nightfall, Shaxx weeklies), so you will unlock them in the kiosk when they first unlock for you. Others are done via quest: the swords, Sleeper Simulant, Chaperone, Khvostov, Gjallahorn, Necrochasm, Outbreak Prime, Touch of Malice, Black Spindle, Thorn, No Time To Explain, The First Curse, Tlaloc, Ace of Spades, Fabian Strategy, Abadon, Nova Mortis, Boolean Gemini.

Yes,

Is that the name of the quests? Do they unlock automatically?

Really appreciate the help :)

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Hi guys , if anyone don't have the the early access beta for D2
you can send me a message and I will give it to you I only have 2 codes for ( Ps4 , Xbox , pc )

glaurung

Yes,

Is that the name of the quests? Do they unlock automatically?

Really appreciate the help :)
The quests are named different from the weapons. They were designed so that you don't really know what the end outcome of the quests would be.

And they all unlock in a different manner. Some examples, spoiler-tagged for safety:
  • The exotic sword quests will unlock
    when you earn the legendary swords (through the TTK storyline) and upgrade/infuse them to a suitable level.
  • The new Thorn hand cannon quest
    drops as a random reward from doing a number of Shiro's weekly bounties. The average number you need to complete is around ~20, but it's RNG.
  • The Sleeper Simulant quest is
    very elaborate and was time-locked for a long time. Nowadays it should be activated on certain days.
Arguably the hardest exotic weapon quests are for The First Curse hand cannon and the Chaperone shotgun.

Detective

The quests are named different from the weapons. They were designed so that you don't really know what the end outcome of the quests would be.

And they all unlock in a different manner. Some examples, spoiler-tagged for safety:
  • The exotic sword quests will unlock
    when you earn the legendary swords (through the TTK storyline) and upgrade/infuse them to a suitable level.
  • The new Thorn hand cannon quest
    drops as a random reward from doing a number of Shiro's weekly bounties. The average number you need to complete is around ~20, but it's RNG.
  • The Sleeper Simulant quest is
    very elaborate and was time-locked for a long time. Nowadays it should be activated on certain days.
Arguably the hardest exotic weapon quests are for The First Curse hand cannon and the Chaperone shotgun.

Thanks, thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciate it.

I just wanna find everything, am getting sucked into the game and feel sad I wasn't there from the beginning.

Wanna unlock all these exotic weapons and armors.

glaurung

Thanks, thank you all for the feedback. Much appreciate it.

I just wanna find everything, am getting sucked into the game and feel sad I wasn't there from the beginning.

Wanna unlock all these exotic weapons and armors.
You can Google and drown in a sea of guides and explanations.

Here's the shortlist for getting the easiest exotic weapons:
  1. Get your Gunsmith up to rank 3 with all three classes.
  2. Finish the House of Wolves missions and get the queen rank to 3 (I think). Boom, free weird exotic scout rifle.
  3. Run the alternative ending for the TTK mission Lost to Light. Get a crazy powerful exotic sniper rifle.
  4. Complete a bunch of Sunrise bounties every week. RNG will net you the Y3 Icebreaker.
  5. Finish the Rise of Iron questline, this will reward you with a cool looking but relatively pointless exotic sword.
Here's a complete checklist: http://destinystatus.com/psn/glaurung/exotics

Top Bottom