• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Hung Jury is probably, together with Tlaloc, my favorite weapons in Destiny. I find that i go back to them more often than not. Even in PvP (yeah, i like scout rifles...)

psyfi

Banned
I've been using Three of Coins non stop since yesterday, and I've yet to get an exotic engram out of it. Probably twenty strikes. I've got three out of Crucible though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I've been using Three of Coins non stop since yesterday, and I've yet to get an exotic engram out of it. Probably twenty strikes. I've got three out of Crucible though.

When you see me online next time, join me and we'll get you something nice.

Everyone who hates LFG, you really should give it a shot.

Just got a pickup group for Oryx. Literally with one guy who never even played Oryx before. FIRST MOTHER FUCKING TRY. We had to explain it to him for 2 minutes. The group was cordial. One guy left because he didn't want to play with a newbie, new guy came in and, like I said, first fucking try. Only one hunter, only one bubble. New guy didn't even have self res (yes he did die on last cycle, but i transitioned from middle to his position.)

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
So I know it's late in the piece, but I'm keen to buy a specific dance emote from Tess, but does she only sell Treasure of Ages boxes now?

As a returning player, I'm so keen on that Elaine Seinfeld dance....

ZeoVGM

Banned
I did Wrath for the first time last night.

The Aksis challenge is honestly kind of terrible. It's just not a fun challenge to do at all.

The Aksis challenge is honestly kind of terrible. It's just not a fun challenge to do at all.

I don't personally like the Aksis cm, but I love the fight in general. Probably my Fav fight in every raid. The cm isn't too bad if you have a good team. But if one single person is slacking, it can all fall apart quick.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I don't personally like the Aksis cm, but I love the fight in general. Probably my Fav fight in every raid. The cm isn't too bad if you have a good team. But if one single person is slacking, it can all fall apart quick.

I like the fight but the challenge just isn't fun. There are plenty of hard challenges that are also fun but this is just poorly designed.

Deku Tree

I think the Aksis CM is the best one yet because it requires everyone to contribute.

It's not a one player does everything hard and everyone else just stands there Cm which is great. Those kids of CM are boring.

Sure it's frustrating and not fun if you wipe a lot.

NeOak

I think the Aksis CM is the best one yet because it requires everyone to contribute.

It's not a one player does everything hard and everyone else just stands there Cm which is great. Those kids of CM are boring.

Sure it's frustrating and not fun if you wipe a lot.

Just like Oryx CM

:p

any Hunter and Titan who had done Outbreak Prime on and can help with some Siva Engine code stuff? I managed to get it to the 2nd part of doing the codes on the engine and need some more help now ^^;

Anyone want to do Vosik challenge mode x2 tonight or tomorrow night? I already did Aksis challenge on one character but dont feel like running the full raid twice and rather just the first challenge mode.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Check the silver dust kiosk beside her, individual items are sold there.
So just to confirm, Tess Everis is only selling Treasure of Ages bundles currently and one shader, so the only way for me to get the Kicks dance is to buy the bundles, dismantle what I can for dust and hope I get enough for the emote from the Silver Dust vendor?

Man, convoluted as...I just want the Elaine dance from Seinfeld, my current 11 Silver Dust isn't cutting it lol.

So just to confirm, Tess Everis is only selling Treasure of Ages bundles currently and one shader, so the only way for me to get the Kicks dance is to buy the bundles, dismantle what I can for dust and hope I get enough for the emote from the Silver Dust vendor?

Man, convoluted as...I just want the Elaine dance from Seinfeld, my current 11 Silver Dust isn't cutting it lol.

You can get three Treasure of Ages per week by doing one Story Playlist mission, one Heroic Strike, and one Crucible weekly match. You should get some weapon ornaments in those and if you don't want/need them you can dismantle them for 5 Silver Dust each.

I'm off work for a week, and I'm looking to do any sort of activity. Raids, Nightfalls, crucible, whatever. I mainly want to run VoG Hard mode, but I'm down for whatever if anyone is interested.

PSN: RentALine

Just message me whatever anyone wants to do. I'm lonely :(

Everyone who hates LFG, you really should give it a shot.

Just got a pickup group for Oryx. Literally with one guy who never even played Oryx before. FIRST MOTHER FUCKING TRY. We had to explain it to him for 2 minutes. The group was cordial. One guy left because he didn't want to play with a newbie, new guy came in and, like I said, first fucking try. Only one hunter, only one bubble. New guy didn't even have self res (yes he did die on last cycle, but i transitioned from middle to his position.)

It's a real crap shoot. I've had great teams and bad teams. Generally individual skill seems fine but some groups just have really bad dynamics, or a bad leader/tone, and they fall apart pretty quickly.

Once one or two people leave you can enter a circle of people leaving and new people joining, then taking a couple of runs to settle in...so then someone else gets annoyed and leaves.

I would definitely recommend people use LFG, but caution them to set their expectations quite low. Expect a mediocre group, be dissappointed with a bad one and ecstatic at a good one.

I've done all the challenges and all the raids multiple times...but I don't have the raid page completed in my book because I haven't managed a successful LFG group for Oryx. It's really quite annoying that those requirements had to be filled in again!

It's a real crap shoot. I've had great teams and bad teams. Generally individual skill seems fine but some groups just have really bad dynamics, or a bad leader/tone, and they fall apart pretty quickly.

Once one or two people leave you can enter a circle of people leaving and new people joining, then taking a couple of runs to settle in...so then someone else gets annoyed and leaves.

I would definitely recommend people use LFG, but caution them to set their expectations quite low. Expect a mediocre group, be dissappointed with a bad one and ecstatic at a good one.

I've done all the challenges and all the raids multiple times...but I don't have the raid page completed in my book because I haven't managed a successful LFG group for Oryx. It's really quite annoying that those requirements had to be filled in again!

You are on the money here. There are certain times when LFG is at its worst. Weekdays after school gets out is awful. All high school and middle school kids. Weekend mornings is surprisingly good.

You can generally tell if you're going to have a bad time with a group. When it happens, you just have to cut your losses and leave. Find a new group that can pull it off.

I know you pain at Oryx. I was very surprised that our group did it first try with a newbie.

Don't waste your money. Just get your three free treasures for the week and dismantle the crap you don't want. You'll get the 24 silver dust you need in no time. Its a stupid emote that you'll use a few times for a month.

I use LFG all the time and I 100% agree with this. The one real problem is when people charge people for Trials runs or Raid runs. It is kind of disgusting.

I'm amazed at how garbage some teams still are for WOTM challenges.(not GAF)
What a weekend of horrific LFG'ers. I have now words for the terrible terrible teams I was on.

Just blown away.

Ive learned that if you want to get these done, do it early in the week. The stragglers are so bad, just so bad.

TyrantII

I'm amazed at how garbage some teams still are for WOTM challenges.(not GAF)
What a weekend of horrific LFG'ers. I have now words for the terrible terrible teams I was on.

Just blown away.

Ive learned that if you want to get these done, do it early in the week. The stragglers are so bad, just so bad.

Seen both good and bad. The two big problem are people winging it, trying to pass off they know the mechanics while it being their first time; or those refusing to communicate. Which doesn't work, because the Raids are exercises in communication and knowledge for the most part.

I've never seen someone get angry from someone not being chatty, but not communicating mechanics coverage or just lying about understanding what's going on just leads to resentment and frustration.

Spend 2 hours on CM KF Aksis last night due to that, and we had to kick one guy who wasn't clearing adds or communicating. Then we ran a fresh raid with the LFG guy that invited me and his crew who got on later and ran the whole thing on alts in 45 min.

I think kinderguardians buy too much into how "mean" LFG groups can be, and that leads to misrepresentations when LFGing, and we'll that's a nasty negative feedback loop.

LTWood12

Six challenges done. Three Genesis Chains, Two Fever & Remedy, One Medulla. Totally whiffed on Chaos Dogma. I don't even like that weapon, yet this will nag me for the next four weeks.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
You can get three Treasure of Ages per week by doing one Story Playlist mission, one Heroic Strike, and one Crucible weekly match. You should get some weapon ornaments in those and if you don't want/need them you can dismantle them for 5 Silver Dust each.

Don't waste your money. Just get your three free treasures for the week and dismantle the crap you don't want. You'll get the 24 silver dust you need in no time. Its a stupid emote that you'll use a few times for a month.

Ahh, thanks Guardians - I didn't realise there were certain events that gave weekly treasure boxes: I'll do just that! :)

zewone

I think the challenge is fine, it just requires everyone to be good, which I think most people aren't used to.

I also think it's the hardest challenge in the game.

I feel like if they give you 1 to 2 seconds more in the timing it would go from a frustrating CM to a challenging CM.

It would have been nice if Bungie could have added 'Challenge Failed' to the WoTM and KF raids. Just did the Aksis challenge with a great LFG group in 20 minutes (which is a miracle btw), did everything, and then got nothing as everyone sat there in stunned silence at the end. None of us knew why, we wiped on every miss -- which was about 3 times.

I think the challenge is fine, it just requires everyone to be good, which I think most people aren't used to.

I also think it's the hardest challenge in the game.

I feel like if they give you 1 to 2 seconds more in the timing it would go from a frustrating CM to a challenging CM.

Agreed. I had so much trouble when it first came out. But then I finally did it with someone people who just gave you a role, stick to said role, and we did it second try. Only reason why we wiped was because of a communication error and we had 2 empowered on one side.

It would have been nice if Bungie could have added 'Challenge Failed' to the WoTM and KF raids. Just did the Aksis challenge with a great LFG group in 20 minutes (which is a miracle btw), did everything, and then got nothing as everyone sat there in stunned silence at the end. None of us knew why, we wiped on every miss -- which was about 3 times.

Most likely you took him down low enough to go to final stand, but he still teleported some where else first. This means you didn't supercharge your Guardians for every teleport. It's Bungie fault for coding the cm qualifications this way and not seeing a fairly obvious occurrence. It happened to a group of us GAFers this week too.

Most likely you took him down low enough to go to final stand, but he still teleported some where else first. This means you didn't supercharge your Guardians for every teleport. It's Bungie fault for coding the cm qualifications this way and not seeing a fairly obvious occurrence. It happened to a group of us GAFers this week too.

Couldn't be it. We waited until the third damage window to avoid that issue. I still don't know what the issue was and I watched the recorded footage. *shrugs*

Sucks because we didn't have a checkpoint to go back and do it again so we all just had to leave.

Top Bottom