• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Fathead

So it's best to choose maybe so you can buy their stuff?
Is the stuff outside of factions just as good?

You will get rep from a faction in addition to vanguard and crucible rep, so there is no reason not to pick one, there is literally no downside.

Which one to pick really depends on what you want.

Someone tell me again why players like the Chaos Dogma so much? There's nothing special about it's perks and the recoil is atrocious. The gun just isn't fun to shoot/play with, Adept or not.

Signed,

Bitter player that wanted the Adept Genesis Chain

Fathead

Someone tell me again why players like the Chaos Dogma so much? There's nothing special about it's perks and the recoil is atrocious. The gun just isn't fun to shoot/play with, Adept or not.

Signed,

Uh, if you hit headshits you can fire it forever.

Signed,

I like it a lot. Heads shots for days. Also kind of fun in pvp. Big fan of Tlaloc too, and it reminds me of it a little.

To each their own, I'd rather shoot at minimum 10 other scout rifles for days.

Chaos Dogma felt terrible the first time I shot it upon the release of WotM and now getting the Adept version just reminded of that awful feeling.

To the Vault under a large stack of scouts it goes forever and ever.

Detective

You will get rep from a faction in addition to vanguard and crucible rep, so there is no reason not to pick one, there is literally no downside.

Which one to pick really depends on what you want.

Thanks you all. Appreciate it :)

Am really having a blast, kinda regret not playing it from start :/

Anyone want to do a no mic run on Challenge of the Elders?

I have to do it for a quest but haven't tried it before.

Will start solo anyway and hopefully somebody can jump in.

PSN : BobelacX

Perineum

This may seem kind of like a random post, but does anyone wonder why King Gothalion is the most popular streamer for this game?

When his stream is normal and it's laid back, it's a fun watch, but I think everytime I have turned him on in the last 3-4 months he is arguing with his viewers. He's always calling others dicks, banning, and just acting like a giant man child. It's not even an entertaining trigger situation of someone getting banned like if you watch a summit1G or Timthetatman where everyone laughs at the miserable person.

On king it's like a personal thing. He's a super petty person, and the other day he even flat out admitted he gets off on arguing with people online the way he does. Not debating, but like just being a shit to those who disagree with his views.

The reason I bring it up is it seems weird that the "community leader" to some extent for Destiny in a variety of ways tries to send this message of love and growth, etc when he in fact is a giant douche canoe. I ended up unfollowing him, but I like watching Destiny here and there, so....

Anyone people can recommend, ProfessorBroman seems like a cool guy. Any other recommendations ?

Anyone people can recommend, ProfessorBroman seems like a cool guy. Any other recommendations ?

Goth is a douchebag and gets carried by better streamers. I wouldn't give him the time of day. He got rich of his viewers and now doesn't give a shit about them.

Broman is worse. Obnoxious and loud, he's unbearable. You'll pull your hair out if you start watching him.

The most chilled out and friendly Destiny streamer is RealKraftyy.

Perineum

Goth is a douchebag and gets carried by better streamers. I wouldn't give him the time of day. He got rich of his viewers and now doesn't give a shit about them.

Broman is worse. Obnoxious and loud, he's unbearable. You'll pull your hair out if you start watching him.

The most chilled out and friendly Destiny streamer is RealKraftyy.

I'm on board with that. I'll give him a whirl. For some strange reason I find watching Destiny super calming when I do work at home. Enjoy trials too.

Thanks.

I'm on board with that. I'll give him a whirl. For some strange reason I find watching Destiny super calming when I do work at home. Enjoy trials too.

Thanks.

There are a bunch of DGAF streamers who stream regularly (trials, raids, general) and a lot of us hang out in their chats and have fun. There is a list in the OP if you want to check them out..

YlkmAU9.jpg

Activity is low these days but the following DGAF streams are usually on every week:

Reset raids shennanigans:
Unstable
Ji66a

Raid struggle bus:
Wipedout

Trials:
JGW
Biggy
Hedgey

PVP:
Cryptarch

Has anything been discussed/leaked about gameplay or changes from the first for Destiny 2?

Currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda, which ended up being almost exactly what I expected from Destiny's campaign in the hype days.
However it also is making me very excited to see what happens with Destiny 2.

Midas

Has anything been discussed/leaked about gameplay or changes from the first for Destiny 2?

Currently playing Mass Effect Andromeda, which ended up being almost exactly what I expected from Destiny's campaign in the hype days.

No details leaked yet. :(

I hope there will be something in the upcoming Game Informer issue. I just hope Bungie doesn't make us wait until May 18th without any kind of information drips, they're the masters of drip feeding their fans.

Unstable

I've heard from a super secret source that Destiny 2 has guns.

Quite a lot of them, in fact.

You didn't hear that from me.

After three WotM runs, everything but an Adept Genesis Chain acquired. I should have known going in that was going to happen considering it was the only gun I was remotely interested in.

I guess the Void Medulla is a bit of saving grace at least.

Also, the ornament in the second slot of the WotM Hunter's Cloak is so subtle appearance wise that it isn't worth using an ornament on especially if you're low on them.

Novocaine

I'm on over on Xbox side right now and will be about for a while if anyone wants to group for anything.

I haven't done any of the raids or arenas yet but I'd love to try them. Not all that interested in Crucible. Would also like to try the weekly 380LL heroic.

384 LL Defender Titan here. GT is in my profile.

Edit 385 now :)

I'm trying to sherpa 3 friends who have never done a raid before through Crota, but we are missing two people.

Is there anyone who would like to do Crota on normal? We will be speaking in spanish. :/

TyrantII

So once I get to light level 380 it's basically raid or bust correct for PVE?

Faction leveling, strike chests, forge, court, exotic engram drops, and POE are all now options to 400. Raids are quicker I'd say.

Strike boss kills drop 2 engrams guaranted up to 385 as well.

IHaveIce

Banned
I need Xbox people. Add ihaveanice and shoot me a message or something.

I need help with this damn nightfall, Gringo I may have to hit you up

Hrm. Imago Loop with Rangefinder, Rifled, and Firefly. Yea or nay for PvE?

Sure, why not? Just use it in combination with +Reload Speed Hand Cannon Gauntlets as the reload speed will be the only hindrance/negative.

-------------------------------------------

Edit: Unrelated to the Loop but after getting all these elemental primaries from the Raids has me thinking of what else I would want in that category and, man, would I love a Solar or Void original vendor version Hung Jury. I'd probably trade them all for that as it would truly be worthwhile in taking up the Exotic slot.

...or even an elemental version of the MIDA Multi-Tool.

Jabronium

Sure, why not? Just use it in combination with +Reload Speed Hand Cannon Gauntlets as the reload speed will be the only hindrance/negative.

That's what I figured, give me an excuse to pull those gauntlets out of the vault. Came close with another one that was outlaw/extended mag and...third eye, womp womp. Just don't have the desire to spend (potentially) dozens of hours farming.

And to your edit, I still break out my Hung Jury quite often. I've got an outlaw/firefly Keystone, an outlaw/firefly Angel's Advocate, and an outlaw/full auto/crowd control Wounded, but I keep going back to the Hung Jury. That gun is crazy good.

I like watching RealKraftyy and TrueVanguard. For PvE, I enjoy watching the DCP hosts (Terry etc) a lot more than the Goth/Broman/etc. Datto is good too.

I'm on over on Xbox side right now and will be about for a while if anyone wants to group for anything.

I need Xbox people. Add ihaveanice and shoot me a message or something.

Out running errands but you two should hook up, otherwise would be happy to help.

Jabronium

I'll watch Tefty and Leopard pretty regularly. Goth and Broman I'll put on for background noise at work but sometimes I just don't have the endurance to deal with them (like when Goth tries to play tech adviser or Broman starts lecturing on philosophy and tries being a life coach to chat). For non-Destiny content I watch ENB, and that's about it for my Twitch viewing.

And to your edit, I still break out my Hung Jury quite often. I've got an outlaw/firefly Keystone, an outlaw/firefly Angel's Advocate, and an outlaw/full auto/crowd control Wounded, but I keep going back to the Hung Jury. That gun is crazy good.

While the Hung Jury gets mentioned a decent amount I don't think it gets enough praise for being one of the best overall weapons Destiny has seen over it's lifespan.

I don't use it nearly as much as I used to mainly just to switch it up and avoid weapon fatigue but for me, it's easily the most versatile weapon for general use across a number of activities in the game.

Easily in the handful of the best primaries for sure.

The "new" Exotic Elemental Primaries are good in specialized cases for burn modifiers, etc but few of them can stake claim to the smoothness and versatility of the Hung Jury.

Top Bottom