• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Mozendo

So I'm stuck in the game, I've been at light level 240-250 for months now and I don't know what to do anymore. Last mission I did was Regicide (TTK), and I don't have RoI. Are there things I can do besides raids? Tried the light 260 vanguard strikes but I mostly get gear around my light level.

jacobs34

I don't mind Gothalion from time to time. He's not going to the reveal, though. He was invited, but there were other more important things he needed to do.

I've come to have a hard time watching Gothalion. Just today he was talking about how much he enjoyed his promotional Oculus stream, then urged people in chat to check out his promotional streams so he could do more promotional streams. It was the first time I ever left his channel with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm all for people trying to make money in as many ways as possible, but pushing promotional streams on top of getting subscribers and tips feels a little gross.

So I'm stuck in the game, I've been at light level 240-250 for months now and I don't know what to do anymore. Last mission I did was Regicide (TTK), and I don't have RoI. Are there things I can do besides raids? Tried the light 260 vanguard strikes but I mostly get gear around my light level.

If you don't have RoI you are essentially left behind, endgame activities have moved on. PvE wise there is almost nothing outside of 320 King's Fall to bridge the gap towards ~300LL.

glaurung

I've come to have a hard time watching Gothalion. Just today he was talking about how much he enjoyed his promotional Oculus stream, then urged people in chat to check out his promotional streams so he could do more promotional streams. It was the first time I ever left his channel with a bad taste in my mouth. I'm all for people trying to make money in as many ways as possible, but pushing promotional streams on top of getting subscribers and tips feels a little gross.
I've gravitated away from the so-called "big name streamers" altogether. Even when they play the game that I like, their attitude toward the community seems to be of a media rapist. I've also been sensing a kind of guilting people into subscribing. The tips system in Twitch is even worse.

Kyoufu

Dalek

Has this been posted yet?

https://funko.com/blogs/news/coming-soon-destiny-pop-s

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

glaurung

I seriously doubt there's going to be any kind of cross-play. Not PS4+Xbox, not PS4+PC, not any. The best I can think of is a paid character transfer service that you can do every now and then, but then you'd lose that character on the source platform.

We are not at the cross-playing era yet, gentlemen.

Kalamari

I like watching Gabe and KJHovey or whatever his name is, really chill dudes

A Bungie game at 60fps, that's a good one, haha

Anyone got a recommendation for a pro controller for the PS4?

I want to start Destiny 2 with some of those paddles to complement the perfection of Bumper Jumper.

Have been thinking about Scuf for a while but the build quality doesn't seem too good.

Seibmoz

You should be able to buy vanguard gear with marks to boost your light level. Not sure if that's locked behind ROI or not.

Unstable

1. Bungie has literally never released a console game that ran above 30Hz. I sincerely doubt that Destiny 2 will be different in that regard.*

*However, an option to uncap the framerate is much more likely. Net result, 60fps in a select few locations with little action; Eg. looking at the sky / alone on patrol. frame drops in average gameplay.

I will happily eat crow for the rest of time if Destiny 2 can maintain 60fps as consistently as Destiny 1 can maintain 30fps on console.

2. Cross saves have existed previously (Last Gen < - > Current Gen*) *in the same console ecosystem. [At least until year 3]

Technically, our Destiny characters are tied to our Bungie accounts; not platform specific (PSN/XBL) accounts. (Those are used for authentication.). So, PS4/PC cross-save is completely feasible, as you're using the same account on all platforms regardless.

Microsoft dodging out to (presumably push Xbox play anywhere) seems highly questionable to me. Not sure if I buy this part.

3. Absolute insanity. What possible process node could Sony be tapping for a theoretical PS4 Pro v2 (Pro Pro?); Secondly, why would one optimize for a platform that has far lower adoption then it's immediate predecessor? Followed up by two platforms that don't yet exist/have market share?
(1. PS4 Pro
2. PS4 ProxPro
3. Xbox Scorpio )

A realistic optimization path would be:

(1. Xbox One* lowest perf
2. PS4
3. PC PC PC PC PC PC
4. PS4 Pro / Scorpio)

4. We already knew this.

/shrug

Oh, and hai guys. \o/

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Nude mods!

^ Get a brook converter and use an Xbox Elite controller on your PS4 or any other superior Xbox controller.

Kyoufu

I recall having a lengthy discussion about optimising the game for Pro/Scorpio, so that rumour makes a ton of sense to me. :p

Tomorrow is gonna be fun either way. :D

Lee

I want to start Destiny 2 with some of those paddles to complement the perfection of Bumper Jumper.

Have been thinking about Scuf for a while but the build quality doesn't seem too good.

Xbox elite? Adapters are pretty great these days.

Kyoufu

I have two of the new SCUF controllers and they're easily the best you can buy.

Unstable

I recall having a lengthy discussion about optimising the game for Pro/Scorpio, so that rumour makes a ton of sense to me. :p

Tomorrow is gonna be fun either way. :D

I want to believe but I can't allow myself the oh so Destiny pain that is over-hyped disappointed expectations.

Not again dammit!

Not again!

It still hurts

Ninja edit:
]I have two of the new SCUF controllers
^ can confirm
and they're easily the best you can buy.
^can not confirm.

lol people still witchcrafting 60fps, the industry has changed with countless non 30 fps franchises going 60 fps. It is needed in late 2017.

Unstable

lol people still witchcrafting 60fps, the industry has changed with countless non 30 fps franchises going 60 fps. It is needed in late 2017.

You're not wrong.

A consistent 60fps is a hard target to hit. Halo 5 is actually quite a good comparison because of engine similarities. (They branched mid Reach). Let's be honest here. Halo 5's visuals took a big hit to achieve 60fps 99.9% of the time, and I'm not just talking about the resolution scaling here.

Achieving that level of consistency @30fps is much easier, obviously.

To hit a consistent 60fps, Bungie would need to make similar visual sacrifices that 343i made with Halo 5. I don't believe Bungie are willing (or interested) in making those type of sacrifices. How much room would Bungie have to maneuver with a 60fps target? Probably very little. Right off the bat Bungie would be limited by the lack system resources because a higher performance target.

For a game as iteration dependent as Destiny, I think that's a no-go. Bungie, as they've said in the past, prioritise long term flexibility, over raw performance.

I hope I'm wrong. But, =/

3. Absolute insanity. What possible process node could Sony be tapping for a theoretical PS4 Pro v2 (Pro Pro?); Secondly, why would one optimize for a platform that has far lower adoption then it's immediate predecessor? Followed up by two platforms that don't yet exist/have market share?
(1. PS4 Pro
2. PS4 ProxPro
3. Xbox Scorpio )

A realistic optimization path would be:

(1. Xbox One* lowest perf
2. PS4
3. PC PC PC PC PC PC
4. PS4 Pro / Scorpio)

Oh, and hai guys. \o/

A wild Unstable appears!

As for 3, perhaps it's just poor wording? Meaning QoL improvements by allowing the Pro/Scorpio/PS5 (assuming this means they have a dev kit prototype or information that the next system will use the same architecture but with more powerful specs)?

Something like higher res, faster load times, etc..? Increased fidelity doesn't seem like something that would be out of the question, as it already exists in the PC space dependent on the hardware to support it. Bungie could conceivably set different graphical parameters for systems of different capabilities, right?

Xbox elite? Adapters are pretty great these days.

I'm really tempted but I have an severe allergy to input lag. Would be worried about that.

I have two of the new SCUF controllers and they're easily the best you can buy.

Good to know. That's where I'm leaning. I do like the DS4 controller form. Feels good in my manly paws :)

Ninja edit:
Ninja edit is cryptic :)

What did you use back in your carrying days?

Cross-Saves across PC and PS4 would cause me to doubledip, however I'm wondering how they'd handle the PS4 exclusives. Might not work if they had exclusive gear.

so tired of all these year+ long exclusives :(

I would love for this to turn into reality for Xbox Whatever and PC with them being my main platforms. Recently I've been thinking if they could give the player the option of say a Master Bungie Account which would allow you to log in and use the same characters across multiple platforms or at least Xbox/PC and PS4/PC while also keeping it as it is now with different characters on each platform but making the player opt-in to one way or the other.

It's going to be a pretty good week for the sci-fi fan as Farpoint is a pretty neat experience in the PSVR space (this just made me want to experience Halo Installation 04 in VR, like, right now), Destiny 2 gameplay reveal tomorrow, and Alien: Covenant for me on Friday.

FyreWulff

Cross-Saves across PC and PS4 would cause me to doubledip, however I'm wondering how they'd handle the PS4 exclusives. Might not work if they had exclusive gear.

so tired of all these year+ long exclusives :(

If it were true, probably have to get the drops on Playstation but they can show up on PC.

In Destiny 1 their backend was already platform agnostic. I believe it's even set up so that Xbox is just not "licensed" to drop/play the PS content, like the PS content is done as an invisible meta-expansion package.

Funny aside:

Up until the lastgen data cutoff, every time I triggered a Sterling Treasure drop on Playstation, it'd cause it to also an ST to appear in my postmaster over on 360. They had different rolls, but Bungie was letting some cross-platform stuff leak over.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Lol, that's awesome. I wonder when I got mine. I have the date somewhere.

It was when House of Wolves was out.

I wonder if D2 will have a gjallarhorn moment. It was such an epic weapon.
When all your friends get it before you do it kinda sucks. Chasing it was epic fun though. I really hope we have some crazy exotics in D2.

When all your friends get it before you do it kinda sucks. Chasing it was epic fun though. I really hope we have some crazy exotics in D2.
My brother had gjallarhorn before anyone in our raid group. When the hype started, he just casually mentioned he had gotten it from the loot cave. Lol. It took me forever. The last one but at least I didn't buy it like a casual :)

FiraB

Banned
I got my Gjallarhorn while we were in OT19. Just saying.
I got suros first week, then thorn in second week, third week was icebreaker and fifth week was Gjallarhorn.

After that I didnt care, I had the holy grails until I entered VOG. Fate and Mytho took ages...

Top Bottom