• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Midas

Oh well, Gary's coming with nukes soon so I guess I can't be that sad about it all lol.

Haha yeah. No need to dwell on that. :)

Think the only thing that would make me excited is knowing whoever is in charge of "balancing" D1 isn't let anywhere near D2 sandbox. Or else I fear more of the same.

I think it's safe to say that they'll be involved. But hopefully, the game is changed so much that we don't need to worry too much about it.

I dread the coming work days, they'll be so long. :lol

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
My fucking god why did no one tell me these Mega Block Destiny sets will murder your thumbs

Holy fucking shit, I'm aching trying to put these things together, how the fuck do they think 8 years old were gonna handle this, I'm 36 and in pain

Got 1 set done, doing the other tomorrow
Gonna buyout the rest of the sets slowly

Super cheap, the ones I got were like $3 and $5 lol
Hunter + Sparrow + Fallen Captain (Blue) + Shank (Blue)
Warlock + Sparrow + Fallen Captain (Green) + Shank (Green)

Gonna buy the Cabal ones next,I love the Cabal ❤️
Also Atheon set too, gonna make a nice diorama to show off

Only pricey one is the Walker, $60 too much!

Midas

Yeah, it's nice actually. But still three days left, anything can happen. But when we're this close, no leaks needed for me.

Eh, basically wrote same as above. :lol

Waldini

Yeah, it's nice actually. But still three days left, anything can happen. But when we're this close, no leaks needed for me.

Eh, basically wrote same as above. :lol

I hope they show us a shit-ton of new stuff. But I'm also afraid that they take Destiny 2 in a different direction. We'll see. Can't wait!

glaurung

If the venue design features new art, we'll get that leaked a day or more before the event.

But chalk me up to the camp who does not want leaks.

lawtowler

Man it's dead out there. Been a quiet IB.

Mayhem was a fun experiment but ultimately a failed one IMO. Didn't enjoy it personally, couldn't bring myself to get further than rank 3. There's also a lack of motivation at this point. IB became one of the best sources of loot - now that everyone is 400 and no new IB gear was added, it became a bit pointless. I honestly expected them to add ornamental IB gear, so that we had a reason to play, but hey ho.

Midas

I hope they show us a shit-ton of new stuff. But I'm also afraid that they take Destiny 2 in a different direction. We'll see. Can't wait!

They probably will change it a bit. But they know that people love the core of it, the gunplay etc. I'm quite sure that things like that won't change.

I remember all the rumours about how factions were supposed to work from the beginning, I hope we're getting closer to that with Destiny 2.

Lnkn52

72504828.jpg

Mayhem was a fun experiment but ultimately a failed one IMO. Didn't enjoy it personally, couldn't bring myself to get further than rank 3. There's also a lack of motivation at this point. IB became one of the best sources of loot - now that everyone is 400 and no new IB gear was added, it became a bit pointless. I honestly expected them to add ornamental IB gear, so that we had a reason to play, but hey ho.

I used it as a way to get some of my record book done with my Alts. Pretty much have my Warlock done and most of my titan done. Now I will have to attempt Trials which will not be the greatest experience.

My fucking god why did no one tell me these Mega Block Destiny sets will murder your thumbs

Holy fucking shit, I'm aching trying to put these things together, how the fuck do they think 8 years old were gonna handle this, I'm 36 and in pain

Got 1 set done, doing the other tomorrow
Gonna buyout the rest of the sets slowly

Super cheap, the ones I got were like $3 and $5 lol
Hunter + Sparrow + Fallen Captain (Blue) + Shank (Blue)
Warlock + Sparrow + Fallen Captain (Green) + Shank (Green)

Gonna buy the Cabal ones next,I love the Cabal ❤️
Also Atheon set too, gonna make a nice diorama to show off

Only pricey one is the Walker, $60 too much!

The Walker one is the one I want. Womp... Womp. I placed my order I will post about the state of my thumbs after the set is built.

I didn't think I'd like IB Mayhem Clash, but I've mostly been having a lot of fun with it. I got two of my characters to Rank 5. I'm not going to bother with my 3rd.

Using Golden Gun feels like cheating. I was constantly top of the score board when I was playing as my Hunter and I'm normally not that good at PVP.

I will say though, I encountered a couple of matches with lots of Defender Titans using suppressor grenades every 5 seconds... while clever, that shits not fun at all.

I was excited for another IB. But supers and grenades are broken in a mode like mayhem.
There's no flow to these matches. Just chaos. Gets old pretty fast. I couldn't force myself to complete all IB bounties.

I enjoyed the shenanigans playing as a Gunslinger (took my lone PS4 character to Rank 5 rather easily). That said, I preferred the maps that had larger perimeter areas with lines of sight that still enabled gunplay (preferably scouts) to come into it and tried to avoid the cluttered interiors where close quarter combat in this mode wasn't all that fun. I found a nice mix+match of super/grenade/tradtional gunplay to be found if you went about it strategically, at least that was my experience.

As a disclaimer I've also come to enjoy the Supremacy gametype more so than the traditional Iron Banner gametypes we usually get, especially Control which I had grown extremely tired/sick of.

I'm going to disagree with the people who don't like Mayhem. It's a nice change of pace from the rest of the crucible. Using your abilities constantly has a skill to it. 'When everyone is special, no one is.' and when everyone has supers and grenades its still an even fight.

But of course if you don't like it, you have your reasons. I hope Mayhem is a mode in Destiny 2.

Can't wait for the reveal this week. I think I'm going to try the beta on the PC and determine if I'm going to jump on to that from the PS4.

I wonder if they will announce the beta dates at the end of the reveal. Or if they will leave that for E3.

AaronMT86

Can't wait for the reveal this week. I think I'm going to try the beta on the PC and determine if I'm going to jump on to that from the PS4.

I wonder if they will announce the beta dates at the end of the reveal. Or if they will leave that for E3.

I think that's what I plan to do too. I'm still cautious to see if it will be a lame PC port. I hope pre-orders will still be available during the public beta.

I just had a random thought for I would like for Destiny 2: if they do have patrols, increase the fireteam size for them. I always hated doing the court of oryx or the Archon's Forge with friends and we would always have to back in and out of instances to match up with other friends. Maybe some people don't play with more than 2 other people. But up until RoI cam out, we always had one person who would have to do that.

Honestly, I don't expect that to be a problem in Destiny 2. I think the patrol zones are going to be much larger and have more players in them. A lot of the patrol limitations in Destiny 1 were a consequence of supporting last gen.

sn00zer

Anyone can solo any strike. It won't be an issue. The one thing that might happen is the random will run forward and skip a bunch of enemies and you two would probably clean them up. Honestly it sounds like you're over thinking it. Just play the game and have fun. If you want to do a level, do it.

Any way to force two player strikes? We went through a strike yesterday, and while fun, was a bit hampered by the level 40 with us just bum rushing the thing even though it was our first time.

Midas

Haha, I've said the same things to friends. Would be happy with just more Destiny, but I think we're in for a treat. Can't believe that it's less than three days left now.

Dave_6

More key art with helmet less characters. Makes me wonder if our characters are going to be speaking in this one.

Top Bottom