• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

I won the last race I needed for the A license, but apparantly winning it also made the win count right away for the S license, so only 2 wins left, that's pretty nice.

Will be on tomorrow, I think.

Did Bungie change how LL matters in PvP? Because the last time Bungie explained it was just scaled based on the difference in average light levels between the damage dealer and recipient.

It's all about how much damage a HC can do, with LL enabled and a 400 HC and around 300 overall light you can bring back TLW 111 and 2 tap Thorn, up it to 330 and thorn leaves you absolute

Your abilities are also nerfed so it's not a game of people running around with double ebola nades every 40 seconds and jug titans tanking shots and apeing you

Agent

Probably a long shot, but does anyone need to do Nightfall? Trying to do the weekly bounty along with the record book entry to finish that off as well.

PSN: phantom8324

Edit: Going to try LFG

Doing nightfall, 2 more can join... ^_^

Ps4 Darkangus

Ok, those were actually quite hilarious runs. Note to self: Get the gold bounty before you do the NF, not after.....

8/0 for IB. Hurrah for the toolkit (not....)

Fancy finding other Portuguese on Destiny GAF :)

Woorloog

Banned
Sigh... i managed to climb to Felwinter Peak. Sadistic climb... i love platforming easter eggs in FPSes though.

The problem is, i can't get down. I keep getting resurrected up there... lol.
Sure, i can orbit and then do stuff... but that's not the point.

EDIT Nevermind, i managed to fall down without dying. Slammed into a wall, bounced off without shields, ended up in less steep slope and skid down it and managed to survive. Landed next to Shiro...

lunlunqq

Probably a long shot, but does anyone need to do Nightfall? Trying to do the weekly bounty along with the record book entry to finish that off as well.

PSN: phantom8324

Edit: Going to try LFG

If you are still looking, I can help. PSN: lunlunqq.

Anyone for "Challenge of the Elders"? Got two quests to go there but no matchmaking. :c

psn: tehSlacker

For the SRL quest all you have to do is kill the 3 bosses and finish the challenge. Due to light levels, you can easily burn the bosses with rockets and sniper and not worry about adds or points. Can be solo'ed without much effort..

Woorloog

Banned
Nice to meet you CrudeDiatribe. Sorry if i sounded a bit... incoherent. As i tried to say, it has been quite long time since i last spoke English in any situation, and being tired is not helping any. I think i'll get better once i get used to speaking English again.

Had some problems with the mike at first, the controller was running low on batteries and there's something loose on the headset (it is new :/). And Xbone's UI isn't the most friendliest thing when it comes to notifying if stuff is working.

Anyway. Gotta do a quest or two that require a fireteam tomorrow. And i've got so many Strikes to run, haven't done any TTK ones yet.
Need a new weapon. Suros Regime did the job while doing quests but i can't say i like it. Just doesn't feel right. Plus it looks boring.
(For some reason, i do have two exotic snipers. But i really don't like using snipers. Maybe if i was playing a Hunter...)

Ugh. I can't get any wins for S rank.

Are the Dawning chests the only way to get Lantern gear? I'd like to complete it, but I'm not buying solve for it.

Arrrammis

Ugh. I can't get any wins for S rank.

Are the Dawning chests the only way to get Lantern gear? I'd like to complete it, but I'm not buying solve for it.

Try getting last place in a few races in a row, SBMM will throw you right back down. Feel free to race normally through the race and just stop before the finish line.

Yeah, The Lantern gear only comes from Dawning packages. You can get 1 per week from heroic strikes and 1 per character when you hit rank 5 in SRL.

Ambitious

Bungie said:
Three of Coins from Xûr

Xûr will not be selling Three of Coins for the weekend of 12/30 - 1/1. His Curios may vary on a weekly basis for the foreseeable future, due to a limitation of the size of his Curio Inventory space

Good lord, their code must be a mess. Why does he even have an inventory limit? How does that make any sense?

Darkangus

Ok, those were actually quite hilarious runs. Note to self: Get the gold bounty before you do the NF, not after.....

8/0 for IB. Hurrah for the toolkit (not....)

Fancy finding other Portuguese on Destiny GAF :)

Great fun! Thanks jmvmadeira, I enjoyed playing with you alot.

My battery was having a hard time sometimes... Lol

Hope to catch you online in the future.

Have a great year!

Need a new weapon. Suros Regime did the job while doing quests but i can't say i like it. Just doesn't feel right. Plus it looks boring.

I don't like it either. There's no reason you can't use Suros to infuse into a legendary primary of any sort that you like better.

Can you get weapon packages from the gunsmith yet?

It's all about how much damage a HC can do, with LL enabled and a 400 HC and around 300 overall light you can bring back TLW 111 and 2 tap Thorn, up it to 330 and thorn leaves you absolute

Again, this implies that PvP LL works differently than Bungie said it did, and instead more in line with how it works in PvE. Which is fine, but annoying.

HigXx

Finally got all SRL Emblems, took about 75 races.

Are the Crimson Double Rewards sticking around or do I need to grind just now for them as well?

For the SRL quest all you have to do is kill the 3 bosses and finish the challenge. Due to light levels, you can easily burn the bosses with rockets and sniper and not worry about adds or points. Can be solo'ed without much effort..
Tks again for our first NF last night! Can't wait to do it again...

Again, this implies that PvP LL works differently than Bungie said it did, and instead more in line with how it works in PvE. Which is fine, but annoying.

They just never foresaw the community drastically dropping their LL, all the curves they produced implied that everything would be equal for total light. Which it usually is

C09lrnvUoAArsrj.jpg

Woorloog

Banned
I don't like it either. There's no reason you can't use Suros to infuse into a legendary primary of any sort that you like better.

Can you get weapon packages from the gunsmith yet?

Didn't even think of using the Suros to infuse something. I just have a bit too much of a collector in me.. That said, i don't have any good legendary primary i could infuse.

No weapon packages, i lack just a bit of rep before i can order them. Sigh. Guess i'll just run some Strikes and hope i get lucky. Will be running through Strikes today anyway.

Would anyone be up for helping us do the Nightfall? need one more person.
On Xbone. GT: Cadaveria IX
I'll be sending you a friend request, OK? I'm not up for Nightfalls yet but should be at some point. And for other stuff too, of course. My GT is Empyrus.

Didn't even think of using the Suros to infuse something. I just have a bit too much of a collector in me.. That said, i don't have any good legendary primary i could infuse.

All exotic weapons have fixed perks, so if someday down the road that gun or archetype gets buffed or your tastes change you can just pull one out of the exotic weapon kiosk by the Vanguard reps.

I'll be sending you a friend request, OK? I'm not up for Nightfalls yet but should be at some point. And for other stuff too, of course. My GT is Empyrus.

Added :), Looking to jump into Raids to, Never done Kings Fall or the new Wrath of the Machine either. So if there are any other xbox players out there, give us a shout. :)

Mindwipe

Would anyone be up for helping me finish Beauty of Destruction? I'm 377 now so it shouldn't be too much of a carry... M1ndwipe, PS4.

Top Bottom