• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ramyeon

Really looking forward to experiencing Destiny 2 alongside of the community, kicking myself for not getting into it until now.

daedalius

yussssss

also picked up one of those snazzy Titan class posters

Titan_Poster.jpg

Hard decisions between Titans and hunters!

Need a good article to read?
http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-luke-smith-on-pc-features-pvp-new-subclasses-and-more/
Quick over view

Adventures were originally not replayable, but now are.

Rewards for clans is like winning a Super Bowl ring. Meaning everyone gets a reward. Like engrams etc.

Ward of dawn is back for Sentinel Titan class
The other thing is that I love the Defender Titan, personally. He’s a class fantasy that I really like—and in the team too, oh my gosh the sandbox team feels this way as well. So one of the Sentinel trees actually has the option to, when you cast your super, you can press and hold the super activation and you’ll place a Ward of Dawn instead. I think the Ward of Dawn has this amazing property that I love in our supers when we have them, which is that you can really appreciate a well-placed ward and you can really point at one when your buddy places one badly. It sort of lives there, so it has this lingering effect on combat. It changes the arena in a temporal way, and I think that’s an amazing property for a super. I would love to have more things like that in Destiny, and you can see that we do have some more things like that for Titans in the new barricade ability.

Luke dodging questions like a Hunter
Are you guys still going to try to balance unilaterally across PvP and PvE?

Part of the fantasy of Destiny is building your character and taking him or her across all the modes, so that consistency is really important to us. I think that the heart of your question can be interpreted in a bunch of ways, which is “why did you nerf my hand cannons in PvE?” A question that I’ve asked, too.

Right, why are snipers flinching in PvE? It feels like the desire to keep a competitive mode competitive has too much impact on PvE in my opinion and, I think, quite a lot of people’s opinion.

I think that as we set out to build the weapon plan and the way that the talents work in Destiny 2, I think we’ve gotten more attuned to that, and I think we’re taking a better whack at it in game two. I totally hear you.

No ship combat only loading screen. Rip the dream.

No ranking system for pvp at launch.

No saving loadouts like some destiny apps due(not surprised).

Acidote

Now that the OW event is about to end I can come back to Destiny to finish my RoI Platinum. Only the Supremacy PvP and completing the raid/heroic raid trophies left!

Need a good article to read?
http://www.pcgamer.com/destiny-2s-luke-smith-on-pc-features-pvp-new-subclasses-and-more/
Quick over view

Adventures were originally not replayable, but now are.

Rewards for clans is like winning a Super Bowl ring. Meaning everyone gets a reward. Like engrams etc.

Ward of dawn is back for Sentinel Titan class

Luke dodging questions like a Hunter

No ship combat only loading screen. Rip the dream.

No ranking system for pvp at launch.

No saving loadouts like some destiny apps due(not surprised).

Bubble is back?! Yes!

Thank you, Math, for finding that!

Woorloog

Banned
should have exotic armor that's just all Zavala pauldrons

Eh? Did i forget something?

*Googles*

Right, Zavala has semi-large pauldrons. We'll add Zavala-tier between normal and Blizzard.

Funny how Zavala's pauldron style is very reminiscent of Carter's from Reach.

Seems like Bungie is treating the PC version as an afterthought, which is a real shame because right now it seems PC won't be getting content at the same time as the consoles. I'll pass if true.

Woorloog

Banned
Seems like Bungie is treating the PC version as an afterthought, which is a real shame because right now it seems PC won't be getting content at the same time as the consoles. I'll pass if true.

They said the delay is because they figure it needs to meet "PC quality" or something to that effect. To me it sounds like they're taking extra time to get the game right.

That said, post-launch content not being released at the same time as consoles would be a bit odd.

They said the delay is because they figure it needs to meet "PC quality" or something to that effect. To me it sounds like they're taking extra time to get the game right.

That said, post-launch content not being released at the same time as consoles would be a bit odd.

I sure hope this is the case. Hype still semi-deflated (until I see some 60fps PC footage later today and the hype returns full-force)

Meh I don't see this at all. And a month and half isn't that long of a wait.

That pc footage is glorious

What the... Ward of Dawn lives?

So one of the Sentinel trees actually has the option to, when you cast your super, you can press and hold the super activation and you'll place a Ward of Dawn instead.

...this is pretty big news regarding subclass abilities if true. Blessings/Weapons/Armor options too?

It almost seems too good to be true as you'll seemingly have two different super ability options at one time given that it says if you "hold" the super activation.

Edit: I'm so shocked by this that I almost expect him to say he was misquoted and "He's" is really supposed to be "Here's" regarding a "class fantasy..."

The other thing is that I love the Defender Titan, personally. He's a class fantasy that I really like—and in the team too, oh my gosh the sandbox team feels this way as well. So one of the Sentinel trees actually has the option to, when you cast your super, you can press and hold the super activation and you'll place a Ward of Dawn instead. I think the Ward of Dawn has this amazing property that I love in our supers when we have them, which is that you can really appreciate a well-placed ward and you can really point at one when your buddy places one badly. It sort of lives there, so it has this lingering effect on combat. It changes the arena in a temporal way, and I think that's an amazing property for a super. I would love to have more things like that in Destiny, and you can see that we do have some more things like that for Titans in the new barricade ability.

...as it is a little weird and somewhat redundant to go on and say they want more things like that and use the Titan's Barricade class ability as an example.

Dave_6

Upgrading my PC very soon to a 7700K+1080ti so I'll be ready for the PC beta, whenever it is. PS4 will still be my primary for Destiny though.

Probably Old but it's the first time I've seen this

The digital content from the various D2 bundles

Legendary Sword
Legendary Player Emote
Cabal Themed Emblem

8b331604f1d78b184d27845025b418df-d20170425-001_Blizzard_Shop_FeatureThumb_05_DDE_items.jpg

rgoulart

Hello,
I already have destiny vanilla but I want to buy the dlc, I can see that the collection is 29,99 for ps plus members on PSN right now and that the taken King is 9,99$. What I can see is how much rise of iron is costing because I don't have TTK. Can someone please tell me how much it is for ps plus members? I wanna know if both dlc packs are currently cheaper than the collection. (I'm on a budget). Thank you.

Arrrammis

Hello,
I already have destiny vanilla but I want to buy the dlc, I can see that the collection is 29,99 for ps plus members on PSN right now and that the taken King is 9,99$. What I can see is how much rise of iron is costing because I don't have TTK. Can someone please tell me how much it is for ps plus members? I wanna know if both dlc packs are currently cheaper than the collection. (I'm on a budget). Thank you.

The taken king expansion costs $30 and Rise of Iron costs $20, so buying the collection for $30 is probably your cheapest option.

From the PC Gamer Article with Luke Smith:

We have some different tools at our disposal for Destiny 2 because of the way we’ve built the weapons. We’re actually going to be able to do some different types of modifications to weapons, where in Destiny 1 we largely modified whole archetypes in large balance patches. Let’s say Clever Dragon, the high rate-of-fire pulse rifle, is really powerful in the current meta, we’re going to hit all high rate-of-fire pulse rifles. In Destiny 2, if we have a weapon that is a specific infractor, we’ll have the ability to go in and just touch that.

If we scan the legendary hand cannon weapon space—and I talk about hand cannons all the time because they’re like my personal fantasy weapon, I love walking around with a giant pistol where accuracy is a priority—and when we see, across the legendary hand cannons, underrepresentation for a particular hand cannon, then we’ll be able to go in and address that hand cannon, not necessarily have to touch every hand cannon in the game when we do it.

Individual weapon balance adjustments is a big step in the right direction. I just hope that they can tweak individual weapon stats without a cascading effect as well. Like adjusting hip shot range without effecting ADS range exponentially.

Lee

Hello,

I see $19.79 in the US store right now for Rise of Iron.

mraeM57.png

Individual weapon balance adjustments is a big step in the right direction.

I recall the Doctrine of Passing being specifically nerfed, though— so is this just more options or an easier tool for them to use? Perhaps this lets them override the stats a a gun gets from its archetype (damage, RoF).

I recall the Doctrine of Passing being specifically nerfed, though— so is this just more options or an easier tool for them to use? Perhaps this lets them override the stats a a gun gets from its archetype (damage, RoF).

I don't recall that gun specifically getting nerfed. It was the archetype that saw a nerf from what I recall.

Any word on how many strikes we can expect in the game? If it's 6 again like D1 and 1 of those is PS exclusive.....ugh. I plan on waiting for the PC version (coming from playing on PS4) so I guess I get to experience what my brother went through on Xbox.

If it's a good amount like 10 (So like if you combined D1 and Taken King) I guess 1 being exclusive for a whole year isn't the end of the world. I was hoping the only exclusive stuff would be gear and then maybe like 1 mission or small quest line.

Clever dragon got hit specifically by clip size and stability nerfs though.

It got hit with Magazine nerfs.. which applies to DPS but not specifically power balance. Everything else hit the archetype.

Bungie has always adjusted archetypes for D1 because the guns were intrinsically linked. They're no longer linked like that.

Anyone know if there's a bungie support channel? I'm trying to pre-order the PC limited edition in my country but can't find it anywhere. The pre-order site mentiones the PS4 version on PSN which doesn't make sense for a physical game, and the PC version is shown as coming soon but nowhere to be found.

GhaleonEB

From the Luke Smith interview, which is genuinely excellent (Adventures sound awesome):
I think we just had a different fantasy in mind for the Arcstrider from the Bladedancer. I think there are similarities in that they're modal, but there’s no stealth capabilities, and that’s a key difference. I think the Bladedancer could be, at times, certainly when the game first shipped, very difficult to fight [in PvP], and that the Arcstrider feels more fun and more fair to fight against.
~crestfallen~

That's why I love being a Hunter. It's what got me excited to play one before D1 shipped. I hope it's incorporated into one of the other subclasses.

Ramirez

The PS4 exotic can change damage types on the fly, the PVP map is set on a Cabal warship, and like the guy above me said, the strike takes place in the EDZ and features the Taken.

Really wasn't much new info in the segment.

Hey all, sorry for the slight derail (and x-post), but I wasn't getting any answers in the PSN "Best of E3 Sale" thread..

I've got Destiny and all the DLC except for RoI, and I see that it's finally on sale. I was thinking of picking that up but saw "Destiny: The Collection" for $10 more ($29) which is essentially the game, all dlc, and a Lvl 40 new character boost. Since I've yet to ever play as a Titan and don't want to grind all the way to 40, the $10 extra is worth the time I'd save but I'm worried that the RoI DLC will be attached to the digital version of the base game, and not the physical version I'd be playing with, Is that even a real concern or am I overthinking it?

Like, if I buy the digital collection, can I just selectively download RoI?

Thanks in advance! I intend on playing through the remaining D1 content and finally get that base game plat before D2 launches. Don't think I'll be getting the collector's edition again lol but I'm certainly in at launch.

I'm pretty sure all content is on your ps4 through patches yeah? Just not unlocked. correct me if I'm wrong lol.

I'm sure everything is there just waiting to be flagged as "purchased", I just didn't know if buying effectively the same game, but the digital version, would "confuse" that flagging somehow. Would it flag RoI as purchased for the digital version of Destiny-- since it came in a collection-- and not the physical version? Would the digital version show up as a separate launchable game next to the physical one?

I just got a Universal Remote. Is this just a novelty item? A primary shotgun with 3 rounds has me reloading all the time.

Hits like a truck though.

FyreWulff

I just got a Universal Remote. Is this just a novelty item? A primary shotgun with 3 rounds has me reloading all the time.

Hits like a truck though.

yeah it's always been a bit of a novelty exotic. It's main benefit has always been that it's a shotgun that gets primary ammo replenishment

Top Bottom