• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Got to try out Destiny 2 on PC at Nvidia booth.

60fps isn't worth having to use a kb/m.

PpQezNml.jpg

What's your experience with PC shooters and M/KB? If very little it eventually becomes like second nature and feels great.

In any case you can use just about any controller (Xbox One Elite being my preference when I use one on any PC game) on PC as well with Destiny 2.

What's your experience with PC shooters and M/KB? If very little it eventually becomes like second nature and feels great.

In any case you can use just about any controller (Xbox One Elite being my preference when I use one on any PC game) on PC as well with Destiny 2.

Z X C V and Ctrl or Alt hotkeys always bother me. Always.

zewone

Never played and I don't have a desire to play with a KB.

Z X C V and Ctrl or Alt hotkeys always bother me. Always.

Try moving some of those functions to a gaming mouse that has extra buttons and/or re-bind those functions to other keys until you find something that is comfortable.

For instance my rule of thumb for FPS has always been...

WSAD for Movement/Strafing
R for Reload
Space for Jumping
Shift for Sprinting
Control for Crouching

...and then I'll move other functions depending on the game to more natural feeling controls whether it be on the mouse or keyboard.

Gragen

I realize it's possible but I don't have the drive to get gud using mouse and keyboard.

Sadly it's the one and only reason I'm sticking with ps4.

Try moving some of those functions to a gaming mouse that has extra buttons and/or re-bind those functions to other keys until you find something that is comfortable.

For instance my rule of thumb for FPS has always been...

WSAD for Movement/Strafing
R for Reload
Space for Jumping
Shift for Sprinting
Control for Crouching

...and then I'll move other functions depending on the game to more natural feeling controls whether it be on the mouse or keyboard.

I'm not big on offloading a ton of keys to the mouse. I prefer to use two additional side mouse buttons max. It's just one of those things. I've never gotten used to using a ton of hotkeys on FPS. Have primarily been an MMO player on PC. And I always used a seperate keypad accessory rather than offloading hotkeys to the mouse.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Does anyone know when the next part of the PC Gamer interview goes up because

is a bit worrying.

Edit: Never mind they linked it wrongly

Any word on that yet? Was really hoping to get clarification on whether or not Guided Games worked with Heroic difficulty or not.

EL CUCO

Any word on that yet? Was really hoping to get clarification on whether or not Guided Games worked with Heroic difficulty or not.
It works for every end game activity that previously didnt have match-making, even Trials.

Edit: Hmmm..looks like Heoric modes still need confirmation.

I'm not big on offloading a ton of keys to the mouse. I prefer to use two additional side mouse buttons max. It's just one of those things. I've never gotten used to using a ton of hotkeys on FPS. Have primarily been an MMO player on PC. And I always used a seperate keypad accessory rather than offloading hotkeys to the mouse.

Well, yeah, that's mostly what I meant in just adding 2 and at the most 3 functions from the keyboard-to-mouse. The whole point is comfort and intuitiveness.

Just by looking at the key binding sheet there is no way I would leave the Super binded to the F key as that is a terrible spot for it and will cause accidental uses of a Super. I'll probably put it on the Tab key and move Melee to the F key and Grenade to the G key when playing on PC with a M/KB setup.

Edit: Actually, I'd probably move the Melee and/or Grenade functions to the mouse.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It works for every end game activity that previously didnt have match-making, even Trials.

Edit: Hmmm..looks like Heoric modes still need confirmation.

Exactly, the footage of the menu makes it look as if it might just be "normal" mode but they also said it would work for Trials...

Really looking for some clarification.

AaronMT86

You can always re-bind your custom keys. I still want PC, but a month delay pains me. How will I block the internet from all secrets and spoilers?

So whats all in the Rise of Iron DLC? Pretty into the idea of Destiny 2, got 1 and the dlc before this but never had anyone to play with so I dropped it pretty quick. Also not into the PVP.

The DLC worth it or should I just hold out for the second game in October?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
How is the Rise Of Iron content? Haven't played Destiny since Taken King and RIO is on sale right now.

Worth $20?

I may or may not play the raid. Very busy nowadays :(

Edit: Didn't see the post 2 above mine. My bad ;)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The 4K/60FPS PC gameplay totally sold me on the game, I'll be buying it tomorrow, it just looks incredible. I'm glad they've built it from the ground up to be the definitive edition instead of a lazy port. I'm not rich so I'll have to settle for 1080p/60 or 1440p DS/60 but it's still going to rock.

Shiv47

I don't own a PC and I'm not buying/building one for one game, however good it looks. I'm not that hardcore about graphics.

So whats all in the Rise of Iron DLC? Pretty into the idea of Destiny 2, got 1 and the dlc before this but never had anyone to play with so I dropped it pretty quick. Also not into the PVP.

The DLC worth it or should I just hold out for the second game in October?

It won't last you that long, so if you can get it cheap, won't hurt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't own a PC and I'm not buying/building one for one game, however good it looks. I'm not that hardcore about graphics.

30 to 60fps is the biggest deal. Ultra settings is icing. It is that much of a difference in terms of upgrade.

EY YO

LUKE IS ON GB NIGHT

He said they learned lessons about 'gathering spin metal' which hopefully means less grind than before.

edit: Confirmed, less chore count too.

EY YO

LUKE IS ON GB NIGHT

He said they learned lessons about 'gathering spin metal' which hopefully means less grind than before.

edit: Confirmed, less chore count too.

The more interesting thing I thought that I didn't hear before is that they have a new death penalty for hard raids so that people aren't sitting around watching people play.

If I had to guess, normal mode now allows you to respawn after 30 seconds or you can be revived at any time. Hard mode now forces the 30 seconds wait + actual revive.

FiraB

Banned
That 4k/60fps footage from jackfrags is fantastic, really sold on waiting for the pc version.

It just looks so much more fluid.

ramyeon

Trying Rift for the first time and just getting stomped repeatedly - I'm talking 12000 > 1000. The matchmaking for this mode either sucks or not enough people are playing it. I'd rather be doing Clash but I want to get the weekly bounty...

Number45

Trying Rift for the first time and just getting stomped repeatedly - I'm talking 12000 > 1000. The matchmaking for this mode either sucks or not enough people are playing it. I'd rather be doing Clash but I want to get the weekly bounty...
Playing with randoms usually results in people playing it like they play clash - if you find a team actually going for the objective you're screwed.

ramyeon

Playing with randoms usually results in people playing it like they play clash - if you find a team actually going for the objective you're screwed.
Yeah that's pretty much how it's been so far. Also waiting 10 minutes + to find games. Need 9 more kills and I can go back to just playing Clash :/

Dave_6

Here's a ~20 min video of the PC version at 4K 60fps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pT9lUv5jDE&t=16s

I really need to sit down and force myself to use a KB&M. It still feels really odd to me and I always have to take my hand off and make sure I've got my fingers on the right keys (though I can type without any issue). The only way I'm going to learn is to use it. Guess it's the same to anyone learning to play an FPS with a controller if they never have.

shingi70

Banned
Has bungle said is there's any way to spend your destiny 1 Xbox charter over to the PlayStation version. I'm really thinking about buying a PS4 to play destiny 2 on, but I wouldn't want to lose on what ever small rewards I got from playing destiny 1 and the destiny 2 beta.

There is no announced way, and in the PC Gamer interview Luke Smith said he wanted to avoid saying anything that would give anyone any hope whatsoever that this would be a thing.

So... no.

Has bungle said is there's any way to spend your destiny 1 Xbox charter over to the PlayStation version. I'm really thinking about buying a PS4 to play destiny 2 on, but I wouldn't want to lose on what ever small rewards I got from playing destiny 1 and the destiny 2 beta.
Nothing carries over anywhere

Top Bottom