• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

ZeoVGM

Banned
4v4 is great and the right decision, don't get me wrong.

But that has should have no impact on Rumble and Clash returning. Not even remotely. 4v4 Clash would be fine. And they could actually use this opportunity to upgrade Rumble to 8 players.

You'll play Countdown for the rest of your life and like it!

I did like Countdown though tbh.

I do too but as a secondary gametype that I want to venture into every now and again. I mean when I think PvP my first thought is Team Deathmatch just for a change of pace from PvE so if it's gone, yikes, less time in PvP.

I don't need objective gametypes for everything...

So, I guess Rift will be in and another mode as Supremacy would seemingly be too close to a Team Deathmatch mode for their "new" taste, apparently.

deviant1

I'm sure they'll bring these modes back in a later expansion and spend several streams covering how awesome Clash is. /s

FWIW I'm all for focusing on 4v4 modes for pvp. I prefer the lower player count and less chaotic feel of it over 6v6 and it also allows them to tune all maps for that size.

In regards to Destiny 2...

Game director Luke Smith spoke with Game Informer explaining what kind of game modes could be found in each playlist:

Quickplay is the place where you're going to find more party games – Control, Clash, Supremacy [while] Competitive play has two modes – one we're not talking about right now, and the other is Countdown. These are objective modes...

-------------------------------------------------------

Are we positive the Lars Bakken exchange there isn't referring to the idea of 6v6 modes in general being gone?

WizzNARD

In regards to Destiny 2...

Game director Luke Smith spoke with Game Informer explaining what kind of game modes could be found in each playlist:

-------------------------------------------------------

Are we positive the Lars Bakken exchange there isn't referring to the idea of 6v6 modes in general being gone?
I think that might be what's happening here. I agree, no clash/straight up TDM would be crazy. It's like the one standard mode for an FPS MP, I mean even Battlefield includes nowadays.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How is it on the Vita? I've always wanted one.
the control scheme for the vita is fully custom and well-planned (and confirmed to be back in D2). It's one of the best implementations of remote play there has ever been. Of course, against a good player you'll still be at a native disadvantage in pvp.

the control scheme for the vita is fully custom and well-planned (and confirmed to be back in D2). It's one of the best implementations of remote play there has ever been. Of course, against a good player you'll still be at a native disadvantage in pvp.

Meh. I'll most likely stay away from PVP in D2 but I'm leaning more towards PC this time around.

Just have to buy a house, first.

Heh.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I think Clash with D2 TKK and everything is going to be horrible. It really leaves no room for variety of play. Groups will move in swarms and just try to get the first shot in.

Nodnol

I think this is an old problem but I can't find a definitive solution online.

A friend has just reinstalled Destiny, and TTK, and now when he's in the game, he's in the trial, apparently. He's adamant he original bought Destiny digitally.

Is he more than likely mistaken, and has probably lost the disk, or is it possible to have this problem with the digital version? He's on Xbox One.

Everything I've found online is either people downloading just TTK, which he hasn't, or people who haven't had the disk in, which he shouldn't need.

If he didn't buy the digital version then he needs the disk in.

Is there a chance he installed the trial and not the full game? Everything Microsoft thinks you own digitally is in 'Ready To Install' in Games and Apps-- so if he ever played the trial before it would be there along with the full game (if he owned it).

Nodnol

If he didn't buy the digital version then he needs the disk in.

Is there a chance he installed the trial and not the full game? Everything Microsoft thinks you own digitally is in 'Ready To Install' in Games and Apps-- so if he ever played the trial before it would be there along with the full game (if he owned it).

Yeah I suggested those to him. Destiny isn't under Ready to Install.

I think he's just forgotten he bought the disk, but I just wanted to see if it wasn't something else.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
It's time for me to re-check into Destiny GAF with D2 so close to release. I have work already requested off. I bought the GF an ipad so she can just watch netflix on the couch. I'm going to buy 2 extra PS4s just in case my normal PS4 (Which is Destiny themed) breaks down.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What is the lowest level that it's possible to even attempt the TKK and RoI raids at?
For King's Fall (TTK) Normal, I think it's totally irrelevant to worry about LL at this point, I think it was like 290?

For Wrath of the Machine Normal, it's set at 370, I think doable at 360 if you have one or two people in the group that are a bit higher and know what they're doing.

All raids also have an updated Hard/Challenge mode that is 390.

Tawpgun

Would be even worse in D2. At least in high time to kill games you can string a few kills and then get killed by someone who saw you first.

In high TTK like D2 now is, its just getting team shot by randoms. All luck imo. best way to play FFA is to clean up kills, not get into legit 1 v 1's.

It'll be Warlock and Hunter for me in D2, leaving Titan behind.

The modifiers this week are an easy skip, so I guess I'll go play Horizon until the 6th.

Raven117

It's time for me to re-check into Destiny GAF with D2 so close to release. I have work already requested off. I bought the GF an ipad so she can just watch netflix on the couch. I'm going to buy 2 extra PS4s just in case my normal PS4 (Which is Destiny themed) breaks down.

Brilliant.

Frostburn

You going in full on PS4 or going to buy the PC version down the road in October too? I have a preorder for both, might have to double dip and join DestinyGAF on PS4 until at least the PC version hits.

TheGentleman

Neo Member
Yep they definitely streamlined a lot of the grind in the last year. The old raids returned this spring for the "Age of Triumph," sort of Destiny 1's last hurrah. Glad to see folks come back! Next month is going to be a blast.

It's good to hear they lessened the grind as it was a bit painful at times trying to raise the light level by repeating strikes/nightfall hoping to get a stronger piece of gear then the one you currently had, I’ll always remember the forever 29 during the vault of glass.

The returning raids sound like a great addition and a fitting way to give Destiny a send off, I'm curious, did they make any changes or just leave the raids as they were before?

Can't wait for next month, not long to go now!

I stayed up until 3 AM grinding out ghost fragments and siva clusters for the 5000 grimoire emblem in Destiny 2 😪

Congratulations on filling the grimoire! In the end I was only able to get about 3 or 4 of the emblems. I was able to get the emblem for year 1's triumphs back in the 1st year though, so I'm happy.

Top Bottom