• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

When it was OP snipers, the community was toxic.
When it was OP shotguns, the community was toxic.
Now it's OP sidearms, and the community is toxic.

It's not the community!

Players will use the strongest tool they have to win. You can't fault them for that.

The problem lies with Bungle and their inability to balance the game.

They're going with the rotating Meta balance strat rather than trying to balance the weapons themselves.

I'm not sure why exactly but I would guess it has something to do with the way the nodes are rolled rather than being seperate attachments and even within the same weapon type there's a mix and match of available nodes.

Im not sure what Bungie will do to 'fix' Crota's End but it is confirmed there are changes. I expect they will balance it for LL 400 since that is max and the raid is officially labeled as a LL 390 raid. So basically what I'm saying is, don't you think Bungie would balance it so LL 400 guardians have a fun little challenge? Bringing down Crota in a few swings of the sword could be pretty lame. I feel like they will attempt to strike a balance. I expect 3 to 4 swords needed to take him out. But we will see soon enough. Then there is challenge mode, which you know they want to make at least kind of interesting.

Nope. I think Challenge Mode might be 2 Swordbearers or something, but I more expect stuff like him changing positions or the death sphere is instantaneous once someone dies. Like when the Guardians first went to the moon.

Lnkn52

I hope today's stream deliver (who am I kidding).

Here's crossing my fingers that the changes to elemental primaries isn't just one big nerf.

glaurung

OK Destiny hardcore, I have a challenge for yous!

This is the 3A Destiny Titan 1/6 Ken doll:
irgn_3a_destiny_titan_sixth_scale_fig.jpg
I received mine yesterday and the smell of chemicals damn near made me black out. When the whiff cleared though, I realized how crazy awesome this thing is.

The challenge?

Can you identify what armor this Titan is wearing? I think the class item might be either Crota's Mark of the Pit or the King's Fall class item, but the rest of it? Who knows what helmet that is? What is the chest piece and greaves? Is it even possible to get those armor pieces in the game any longer?

lawtowler

Taken Q1 2017 off of Destiny and I'm quite excited to come back for Age of Triumph next week. Tempted to delete everything in my vault with the exception of Exotics, so that everything I earn feels new again.

Spoo

Man, lately Destiny has been giving me the greatest rolls. A week or so ago after grinding out classic 6s, I got two Eyaslunas -- one was Hidden Hand/True Sight/Rifled/Rangefinder, and the other was Rifled/True Sight/Icarus/Surrounded.

Then today I got a Hopscotch Pilgrim with Counterbalance, Full auto and Braced Frame with Sureshot. And it's just amazing in 6s.

Actually feeling rewarded for playing Destiny lately. What the fuck?

Nyari

Neo Member
OK Destiny hardcore, I have a challenge for yous!

This is the 3A Destiny Titan 1/6 Ken doll:I received mine yesterday and the smell of chemicals damn near made me black out. When the whiff cleared though, I realized how crazy awesome this thing is.

The challenge?

Can you identify what armor this Titan is wearing? I think the class item might be either Crota's Mark of the Pit or the King's Fall class item, but the rest of it? Who knows what helmet that is? What is the chest piece and greaves? Is it even possible to get those armor pieces in the game any longer?

The chest armor was sold by Vanguard and Crucible vendors during The Taken King, i don't really recognize the rest

Is it even possible to get those armor pieces in the game any longer?

The three tower factions have last year's Crucible/Vanguard models with new skins, so you can get a chest piece like that from any of them, though the shader application will look different. I know I've seen the boots before, but I don't know from who— I have one pair each of the vanguard and crucible ones from last year and the shin guards are the same, the armour on the thighs doesn't go as high. Don't have any arms from that set, though that would be my guess as well. Helmet doesn't look familiar at all but I basically kept my bunny-eared sparrow racing helm as my only legendary titan hat so who knows.

Nope. I think Challenge Mode might be 2 Swordbearers or something, but I more expect stuff like him changing positions or the death sphere is instantaneous once someone dies. Like when the Guardians first went to the moon.

Challenge mode has never been something that changes the layout, health, enemy placement, etc of an encounter. So I'm not sure if you're saying you expect two sword bearers to spawn, because that's pretty unlikely. But we're going to figure it all out in less than a week so I'm not really fretting it. Either way I think Bungie means it when they say its a 'victory lap'. They won't make anything too difficult here. Still my bet is that Crota won't be a total push over. Two sowrds to take him down does feel good though. I'm not a huge fan of doing the cycle over and over again. It gets boring.

Shiv47

raid exotics to be challenge mode rewards? or rng bullshit like the crux?

kings fall armor even uglier, if that was possible

Shiv47

"iconic weapons" is something no one has ever said about KF weapons, until today

challenge mode AND rng for the raid exotics?? LOL

Fitting that they announce a hand cannon nerf during the Taken King section... and cite Zhaouli's Bane as "a little too good".

VoG and CE armor look good at least. I hope they don't make us "re-earn" Necrochasm like Mythoclast considering the weapon was useless for the entirety of its era. I know they will, but I can dream.

Dez_

Sidearm ammo changes were expected. Glad to see that grabbing special ammo auto reloads, since it was kind of an annoying thing given how quickly I would die after grabbing ammo.

Dthomp

Man can't say that the content from these 3 streams needed to be drawn out for this long. These have all been short and not overly deep with content

Top Bottom