• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

Just checking, is that right? Funny that it's so long ago my memory is hazy :) i thought it was 4 or 5 cycles at the start when people were underlevelled? And then dropped to 2 cycles once the sword bearer was at level?

I *think* this was back in the day when one light level meant a 20 percent or 30 percent reduction in DPS?

I have a feeling the first raid group to complete it did so by having a 7th member. They had been outside of the raid levelling up and when they couldn't get Crota killed they brought him in as sword bearer for the extra DPS....

I've kind of missed chatting to people on that window ledge waiting for heavy ammo cooldowns to wear off. *sigh*

I said Outleveled, but you are right, I really should have phrased myself better. Once players got to Lvl 32, they could defeat Crota way easier. And yeah a level 31 was basically required to beat him.

That was only because we were underleveled though.

Surely Bungie doesn't want every team to get through Crota in 2 cycles right? I would assume they want us to have to go through ogres at least once. Maybe they will change the encounter more than I think they will, but for right now, I assume they'll want us to need at least 4 swords to bring him down and they will make it so 390-400 LL does that.

darthbob

The new Crota's End gear ornaments look so good

rp76hKE.jpg

Frostburn

Yeah I guess I'll be running the raids for those Warlock sets and ornaments, hopefully it isn't a crazy grind and we can get them in a reasonable time frame...

Crota is the first Raid. Then VoG.

For the first week only the Crota raid will be updated. Second week VoG will be updated and the updated Crota will still be available. Etc... and so on until all updated Raids have had their initial week.

For the first week only the Crota raid will be updated. Second week VoG will be updated and the updated Crota will still be available. Etc... and so on until all updated Raids have had their initial week.
God. Does that mean one has to run taken king again? I hate that raid 😑

Trakan

That's not the impression I got from the stream. Crota is just featured week 1. All the other raids are playable at the higher light on the 28th with no challenge modes active.

ZeoVGM

Banned
How can you hate taken raid?

I certainly don't hate it but there is a valid argument that it's a bit too "overdesigned" in a way. There are far too many moments where a single person, out of six, making a minor mistake will result in a wipe.

It felt like a response to Crota's End but perhaps went a bit too far.

Dez_

How can you hate taken raid?

It's a cool raid, but it takes FOREVER if your team is not absolutely perfect with the encounters. It takes forever +1 if we're including hard mode and challenge mode along with it. Whether it was someone who died, someone who wasn't very good at jumping the platforms, someone struggling to take out the ogres, or when it came to detonating bombs, one single mistake on that raid pretty much had you starting over the encounter. Compared to the other raids, it was far more rigid to my experience with the others in the game.

ZeoVGM

Banned
It's a cool raid, but it takes FOREVER if your team is not absolutely perfect with the encounters. It takes forever +1 if we're including hard mode and challenge mode along with it. Whether it was someone who died, someone who wasn't very good at jumping the platforms, someone struggling to take out the ogres, or when it came to detonating bombs, one single mistake on that raid pretty much had you starting over the encounter. Compared to the other raids, it was far more rigid to my experience with the others in the game.

Ah man, that just reminds me that I missed out on the Year 2 emblem at the last minute. I had such a god damn awful time getting teams together for King's Fall. They would always split up after a single wipe or we would get that one person who absolutely didn't understand how any of the mechanics against Oryx worked. It was just a year of constant pain for me (and I wasn't on GAF at that time).

I stepped up my efforts in the final month and still had failure after failure. Until the literal last 24 hours. I stayed up all night trying to do it. We got to Oryx on hard mode. We died over and over. And then we finally did it at 5 AM. That isn't an exaggeration. We killed him at 5 AM, the exact moment when Rise of Iron unlocked.

Now that itself didn't do anything as the actual cutoff to get the emblem was something like noon that day. But apparently the massive influx of players did something to the servers. We killed him at reset as everyone jumped on to play Rise of Iron. But Oryx simply disappeared. he didn't die. He just fucking blinked out of existence and half of us wiped. Not all of us, just some of us.

We all then tried to wipe to try it yet again but he stopped appearing. He wouldn't show up at all. Then some of us started getting booted to orbit. One kid literally couldn't exist the game. He was dead, none of us could revive him, he couldn't go back to orbit.

Then for most of the rest of the morning, the servers were so bad I wasn't able to give it another chance with other players as none of us could connect.

Probably the most frustrating moment of my gaming career. :[

Dez_

Ah man, that just reminds me that I missed out on the Year 2 emblem at the last minute. I had such a god damn awful time getting teams together for King's Fall. They would always split up after a single wipe or we would get that one person who absolutely didn't understand how any of the mechanics against Oryx worked. It was just a year of constant pain for me (and I wasn't on GAF at that time).

I stepped up my efforts in the final month and still had failure after failure. Until the literal last 24 hours. I stayed up all night trying to do it. We got to Oryx on hard mode. We died over and over. And then we finally did it at 5 AM. That isn't an exaggeration. We killed him at 5 AM, the exact moment when Rise of Iron unlocked.

Now that itself didn't do anything as the actual cutoff to get the emblem was something like noon that day. But apparently the massive influx of players did something to the servers. We killed him at reset as everyone jumped on to play Rise of Iron. But Oryx simply disappeared. he didn't die. He just fucking blinked out of existence and half of us wiped. Not all of us, just some of us.

We all then tried to wipe to try it yet again but he stopped appearing. He wouldn't show up at all. Then some of us started getting booted to orbit. One kid literally couldn't exist the game. He was dead, none of us could revive him, he couldn't go back to orbit.

Then for most of the rest of the morning, the servers were so bad I wasn't able to give it another chance with other players as none of us could connect.

Probably the most frustrating moment of my gaming career. :[
Ouch, that's rough! I actually ended up completing my Year 2 stuff before they even announced it, but I remember trying to help out a few friends complete theirs. There was always someone struggling within the group, though we eventually did it, but each session was numerous hours of trial and error to complete. I was totally fine with never playing King's Fall again after that final week, lol.

I scrambled to complete Moments of Triumph Year 2 on Xbox after doing it on PS4, since I had already done Moments Year 1 on both consoles. Unfortunately, that caused me to miss the Transmission Grimoire card on PS4 where I have an otherwise complete Grimoire deck. :/

Two Words

I wish they would mix up the raids more. Possibly replace an early boss with a new boss. The Taken King raid really should have a 6v6 boss fight against 6 Taken guardians. They could have had a raid boss not have a wipe gimmick by just making them tough to kill.

Late response but if its anything like when Crota first came out, it will take 5 cycles to take him out. After people outleveled him it took way less.

We're already outleveled, so...

I remember doing this at 365 and finished it in one go. Regular runs were 2. Unless they set him at 410 or something, which would be no bueno. I expect 42/400 forever, which is 2 cycles, unless multiple people have to hold the sword (please God no).

Hey guys, anyone want to help with the Kings Fall hard raid? We are on the final phase and need four players, preferably Hunters and Titans. Thanks in advance

WipedOut

That is incorrect. Crota is the Featured Raid next week. All raids can be played at the updated LL at any time starting next week. Each Week there will be a featured RAID where all the challenges are unlocked.

If anyone still needs to get the Crucible Subclass quests done for the AoT record book, Mayhem Clash is the way to go. I focused on that last week and finished off the five I had left.

My main goal now is to dismantle as much as possible to make room for some sweet new loot.

That is incorrect. Crota is the Featured Raid next week. All raids can be played at the updated LL at any time starting next week. Each Week there will be a featured RAID where all the challenges are unlocked.

Nope. They have to be unlocked by being featured first.

https://youtu.be/lnZr9th5ewE#t=39m50s

Then look at

https://youtu.be/lnZr9th5ewE#t=41m00s

if those don't work, basically look at the basic link:

https://youtu.be/lnZr9th5ewE

Timestamps 39:50 then 41:00. In that video, the dev environment has VoG featured and Crota unlocked (due to the schedule Crota first then VoG) but when they look at King's Fall it doesnt have the 390 version unlocked yet because it hasn't yet been featured.

They want to reinforce people trying every raid again at least once. Hence the slow rollout in addition to the Featured Raid mechanic.

Edit: and for those that didn't see the teaser for tomorrow that has the ornaments in motion:

https://youtu.be/i12gazrZtAs

WipedOut

Nope. They have to be unlocked by being featured first.

https://youtu.be/lnZr9th5ewE#t=39m50s

Then look at

https://youtu.be/lnZr9th5ewE#t=41m00s

if those don't work, basically look at the basic link:

https://youtu.be/lnZr9th5ewE

Timestamps 39:50 then 41:00. In that video, the dev environment has VoG featured and Crota unlocked (due to the schedule Crota first then VoG) but when they look at King's Fall it doesnt have the 390 version unlocked yet because it hasn't yet been featured.

They want to reinforce people trying every raid again at least once. Hence the slow rollout in addition to the Featured Raid mechanic.

Edit: and for those that didn't see the teaser for tomorrow that has the ornaments in motion:

https://youtu.be/i12gazrZtAs

I stand corrected. Still stupid idea, all 390 versions should be unlocked week 1.

God. Does that mean one has to run taken king again? I hate that raid ��

You and me both. With over 60 completions, I can tell you I didn't enjoy any of it. It was a cesspool of people treating each other like savages, and animals. It was lord of the flies. Ive never been talked to or treated the way I was during TTK raid.

hey what are we going to use now to take out ogres? and the 3 witches? No more touch.

I stand corrected. Still stupid idea, all 390 versions should be unlocked week 1.

They want people to play the early Raids. Specifically the newer Guardians that never played it. By time gating the most recent Raids, they're ensuring there will be plenty of LFG groups for them that will be a mix of newer and older players.

It's probably why they have Crota first as well. Since it tends to be the least hyped raid. They want to show off the changes. Then VoG, which is the most highly regarded, then forward chronologically.

It does actually make sense.

We're already outleveled, so...

I remember doing this at 365 and finished it in one go. Regular runs were 2. Unless they set him at 410 or something, which would be no bueno. I expect 42/400 forever, which is 2 cycles, unless multiple people have to hold the sword (please God no).

Im not sure what Bungie will do to 'fix' Crota's End but it is confirmed there are changes. I expect they will balance it for LL 400 since that is max and the raid is officially labeled as a LL 390 raid. So basically what I'm saying is, don't you think Bungie would balance it so LL 400 guardians have a fun little challenge? Bringing down Crota in a few swings of the sword could be pretty lame. I feel like they will attempt to strike a balance. I expect 3 to 4 swords needed to take him out. But we will see soon enough. Then there is challenge mode, which you know they want to make at least kind of interesting.

Dthomp

Played a decent amount of PVP tonight and what a shitshow this game is now. I LOVE the special changes to promote primary battles, however the community is toxic and runs around with sidearms as their primaries. What a cowardly play style, can't use a real gun so use the one with unlimited ammo. Makes me have no issues sitting in a corner with Uni and NBPs and just waiting for you

Played a decent amount of PVP tonight and what a shitshow this game is now. I LOVE the special changes to promote primary battles, however the community is toxic and runs around with sidearms as their primaries. What a cowardly play style, can't use a real gun so use the one with unlimited ammo. Makes me have no issues sitting in a corner with Uni and NBPs and just waiting for you

When it was OP snipers, the community was toxic.
When it was OP shotguns, the community was toxic.
Now it's OP sidearms, and the community is toxic.

It's not the community!

Players will use the strongest tool they have to win. You can't fault them for that.

The problem lies with Bungle and their inability to balance the game.

Top Bottom