• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

My favorite thing to do on Friday mornings before work is to run around the tower and track down Xur.

Simple things in life.

I ran the lvl 28 weekly earlier today. I may be able to help you later tonight.

PSN: Godsfavorite

That would be great. I usually get home at 7:30 ET (I'm in Alberta) so I can hopefully find time then or later tonight since the gf is a lightweight and goes to bed around 10pm my time lol. I'll add you, though.

MADGAME

When boss kiter gets him to decent / good spot he is super easy to "shove off" the ledge by 1-2 warlocks.

I saw the vids, for a cheese method it's pretty innovative if you ask me. Definitely a tick above hiding in a corner to shoot a boss on a strike.

Side note but related - if anyone has a checkpoint at Atheon on hard, your generosity could really shine if you know what I'm saying :D

Spread the love!

Keep us posted!

I can imagine how stressful it could be, although I have not gotten that far on hard yet. My regular group breezes through it on normal no problem, but when I join pick-up teams it can still get pretty tense but I enjoy it. What happened to MKII is arguably rage worthy.

Cheesing Atheon is pretty easy but requires some luck that you walks the way you want him to. It can take 2 minutes or 30. Honestly I think it's way overblown, even for hard mode. I much prefer doing the fight straight up, just for fun and for practicing the execution for whenever they presumably patch the cheese. Hard mode Atheon is the same as Normal mode, as long as your team has the DPS it's no different.

Gatekeepers is hardest part of hard mode to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cheesing Atheon is pretty easy but requires some luck that you walks the way you want him to. It can take 2 minutes or 30. Honestly I think it's way overblown, even for hard mode. I much prefer doing the fight straight up, just for fun and for practicing the execution for whenever they presumably patch the cheese. Hard mode Atheon is the same as Normal mode, as long as your team has the DPS it's no different.

is his enrage timer shortened?
lawyer up, hit the gym, get good, etc etc
lmao. delete facebook.

darthbob

Sometimes I think this game is brilliant...

...and then I play crucible

I know what you mean.

This game gives me so much joy, then it pisses me off to no end. Just now I was in Iron Banner on First Light and fired 3 rockets at a fucking Interceptor and it just wouldn't die.

This game's bullshit.

except for the detain fields

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know what you mean.

This game gives me so much joy, then it pisses me off to no end. Just now I was in Iron Banner on First Light and fired 3 rockets at a fucking Interceptor and it just wouldn't die.

This game's bullshit.
well now there's your problem right there
except for the detain fields
wait like from the templar fight? against atheon? urrrrrrrk.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Crucible is fun, imo. Just need more balance tweaks with certain guns and powers.
It's fun as hell. The better I get the more I enjoy it. Honestly for balance I think auto rifles and shotguns need their accuracy from range nerfed, fusion rifles maybe changed to 2-hit kills from max range, and scout rifles buffed a bit. 3/4 of these are in the pipeline already! I'm curious, what else would you tweak?

well now there's your problem right there

wait like from the templar fight? against atheon? urrrrrrrk.

after the portal team is sent off, the defense team is put in the same detain fields. can wipe the team if they don't stick together and help each other break out, especially with supplicants shooting you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
after the portal team is sent off, the defense team is put in the same detain fields. can wipe the team if they don't stick together and help each other break out, especially with supplicants shooting you.
oh god >_< Machine guns the best option to wipe them out?

Nameless

fuuuuck.
Really want icebreaker, but I only have 3 strange coins. What should be my plan of action tonight?

Weekly heroic strike I'm assuming for 9. Is this soloable? I've had terrible luck finding parties for these events. I'm a level 27 hunter btw.
Daily? Any chance of coins?
Tiger strike playlist?

I'm all ears for advice on this!

You could do it once one lvl 22 and again on lvl 26 to get the 9 coins. That'll probably be a little more doable at 27 than soloing the lvl 28.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
My PS4 just scared the shit out of me. It booted into safe mode and asked for the system software on a usb drive. I restarted it and it's fine. Time to level my alt some more.

Flo_Evans

fuuuuck.
Really want icebreaker, but I only have 3 strange coins. What should be my plan of action tonight?

Weekly heroic strike I'm assuming for 9. Is this soloable? I've had terrible luck finding parties for these events. I'm a level 27 hunter btw.
Tiger strike playlist?

Depends. Are you legendary? Its pretty easy to cheese solo with the ice breaker but you don't have that yet so maybe?

Have good void weapons and some ammo packs?

It's fun as hell. The better I get the more I enjoy it. Honestly for balance I think auto rifles and shotguns need their accuracy from range nerfed, fusion rifles maybe changed to 2-hit kills from max range, and scout rifles buffed a bit. 3/4 of these are in the pipeline already! I'm curious, what else would you tweak?

I'd love for a way to see if someone has their Super charged or not.

is his enrage timer shortened?

lmao. delete facebook.

Hmm honestly I don't know. I never noticed it as an issue.

The best team I played with finished him in 3 portal rounds using the T's V + Illuminated WoL on the center platform. Maxed Gjallahorn does enormous damage.

*Splinter

lawyer up, hit the gym, get good, etc etc
?

Please excuse my opinion, I guess.
I know what you mean.

This game's bullshit.
This guy feels my pain :(

Joking aside, the crucible is disappointing but mostly because of the potential. Someone made a comment that 'hopefully Destiny 2 will be better' and to be honest I can't think of any game you could make using this same engine and actually have worse pvp...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You could do it once one lvl 22 and again on lvl 26 to get the 9 coins. That'll probably be a little more doable at 27 than soloing the lvl 28.
This is incorrect. That would net you a total of 6 coins (3 for the 22, another 3 for the 26). You have to at least do the 28 to get all 9.

MidEvlDed

fuuuuck.

Tiger strike playlist?

Yeah, weekly. Nightfall could possibly give you coins as well. I soloed the nightfall but that has every type of burn active so it's probably easier in terms of dealing damage. Not easier as far as the not dying part. Also, I'm pretty sure I've gotten strange coins from the tiger strike as well. And do your daily public event for a chance at a strange coin too.

Rumble is the worst and so is Twilight Gap.

1165.gif

Greenymac

Yup. Unless you set your alarm 20 minutes earlier than normal and visit him before work.

But, uh, come on, who would do that? You'd have to be a total addict to do something like that, right?

I absolutely did it this morning.

I play for an hour before work everyday to knock out bounties and shit...Dont judge me....

?

Please excuse my opinion, I guess.

This guy feels my pain :(

Joking aside, the crucible is disappointing but mostly because of the potential. Someone made a comment that 'hopefully Destiny 2 will be better' and to be honest I can't think of any game you could make using this same engine and actually have worse pvp...

It was a joke, man.

But really, just play more. Practice makes perfect. Learning the maps helps A LOT. Also, try using an auto rifle and aim for the head.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I can choose an exotic bounty: Thorn, Bad Juju or Invective.

I already have Invective. I heard the other two are bad. What do? Also this: (Kill Guardians in the Crucible using void damage. Deaths slow your progress greatly! You need 500 points ( 1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -2 points).) for Thorn sounds like a huge pita.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd love for a way to see if someone has their Super charged or not.
Hmm. I think this would be interesting, I'd love to be able to try it out and see how it felt before it was implemented, because the current way is a part of the game (you don't know if they have theirs, they don't know if you have yours...)
yup it's terrible in rumble. way too much segmentation
I think it's one of my least favorite maps in general... I feel like I can't trust my radar at all there :(

edit: mehh but pocket infinity cleans up there too. shrrrrrrrug maybe it's my most medium liked map. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom