• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

breakfuss

Got 13 coins. Already did the weekly. Don't have any alts. Anyway way for me to make up the 4 coin difference by the time Xur leaves?

cilonen

Yes! Weekly Heroic soloed so I can get the three coins I need for a helm from Xur.

I was having no RNG luck at all, not found a coin from open play since the weekly reset.

Now if only Xur actually had the helm I wanted...

shiftplays

Neo Member
I don't quite understand what you mean....

What it says is get 200 kills in nightfall yes? So all you need to do is start the nightfall strike (archon priest) and follow mission objectives till you hit the first darkness zone. Then back out of the caves and make your way to shattered coast and then to the area where the nexus strike usually occurs. In the buildings surrounding that area there's plenty of level 28 mobs you can kill that. They will count towards your bounty. I was one shotting everything with my rare void fusion rifle.

Once you kill all possible level 28 mobs in that area, evac back to the shattered coast. Bum around there for a wee bit and they'll have respawned by then. Rinse and repeat

You do not even have to go into the actual Nightfall darkness zone to do this. I did it last night and went straight to the area before the Nexus with the level 28 mobs. Got around 13-15 kills per time, went back to orbit and zoned back in. Your suggestion to evac back to the coast is probably better and less downtime.

Thx, missed it completely.

well, no question here. Since your primary use case is killin' minotaurs: 77 Wizard is void, Minotaur shields are void. 77 Wizard is the answer. Cryptic dragon next time around!

edit: There are good primaries to consider from Vanguard, but I dunno about scout rifles, maybe someone else can help with that

Alright thanks! And yea i got FWC scout rifle, i just like Cryptic Dragon more. Next time it shall be mine or maybe a drop haha.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
27, no exotics, and the only legendaries I have are queens helm, chest and vanguard arms, boots.
hrmmmm so you already have full legendary gear but no exotics... you could hit 28 without the chest piece... but you actually want lucky raspberry specifically....

damn, this is the toughest question I've had posed to me lol!

I assume you like or at least don't hate Sniper Rifles, so I'd say go for Ice Breaker... no chance of earning the coins to buy both, eh? Done the 28 weekly already?

breakfuss

Where is Xur this week, and what is he selling?

icebreakers_stickgum_Coolmint.png

Nocturnx

Yes. Always go for the gun. Always. Why? Cause it's a shooting game not a dress up barbie game. And when one of the top 3 best guns is staring you in the face you buy it and figure out the rest later...;)

Sooooo your saying get Ice Breaker instead of the chest? LOL

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol wow, just realized how enjoyable it is advising people on these item choice dilemmas. i ought to set up a booth like lucy in peanuts

MADGAME

especially infuriating when you realize there's a way to cheese Atheon. Feel sorry for you guys. My friends and I will confirm how hard/easy it is to cheese Atheon with the warlock method.
Keep us posted!

the prospect of that fight on hard scares the crap out of me. I definitely consider it riskier and more tense than Atheon himself, especially the moment when the team enters the second portal- it's like okay everyone play perfectly for the next 30 seconds with no interruption GO!

I can imagine how stressful it could be, although I have not gotten that far on hard yet. My regular group breezes through it on normal no problem, but when I join pick-up teams it can still get pretty tense but I enjoy it. What happened to MKII is arguably rage worthy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I can imagine how stressful it could be, although I have not gotten that far on hard yet. My regular group breezes through it on normal no problem, but when I join pick-up teams it can still get pretty tense but I enjoy it. What happened to MKII is arguably rage worthy.
I'm sure we'll be able to after a few more tries, but we've only run through it twice so far. We made a strategic chance the second time around that should help out a ton for further attempts though (and it involves me kicking ass with the relic so win-win for me :D)

k1t4j

I just got Monte Carlo after a PvP match.

I took it for a spin in 3 matches and loved it so far.

Will try some strikes and see how it goes

Nocturnx

hrmmmm so you already have full legendary gear but no exotics... you could hit 28 without the chest piece... but you actually want lucky raspberry specifically....

damn, this is the toughest question I've had posed to me lol!

I assume you like or at least hate Sniper Rifles, so I'd say go for Ice Breaker... no chance of earning the coins to buy both, eh? Done the 28 weekly already?

Yeah I haven't been too fond of sniper's up until this point... I haven't done any of the weekly yet. I've got 13 coins right now. I'd have to get 17 coins this weekend to get both, ugh.

Get the chest. The only time ice breaker is useful is when trying to cheese your way past strike and raid bosses because the ammo regenerates meaning youcan stay far away from mobs and constantly hit the boss from a far away safe spot. It's not very fun but it works and odds are there well be other people in your fireteam with ice breaker. Get the chest.

Just my opinion of course.

Yeah, it's a good thing that at no point in the game you have to worry about sniper hobgoblins far away on pillars and all of the special ammo drops are in a puddle of killer green goo.

Wait...

First piece of Raid Gear is in. Should I just dismantle the Legendary gauntlets I was using before? My raid gear gives increased reload speed with Special Weapons, my Vanguard gear increased reload speed with auto rifles. I'm a big auto rifle user, but also fusion rifles and shotguns.

I bought the Helm of Saint last week, right now I'm thinking about saving up my 13 coins that I currently have or buy the Helm of Innermost Light so I can rock out both powerful defender or striker whenever I please.

Any suggestions? Is having 2 exotic helms a bad idea?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah I haven't been too fond of sniper's up until this point... I haven't done any of the weekly yet. I've got 13 coins right now. I'd have to get 17 coins this weekend to get both, ugh.
so 8 more after the 28 weekly. that's a stretch.. you could get lucky with the nightfall though.

At this moment, I recommend holding off on this decision until you complete both the heroic and nightfall; obviously do both before Xur leaves.
Hawkian
Professional Destiny Personal Shopping Consultant
okay that sounds more like a combination life coach/QVC spokesperson
If only you could help us with our life choice dilemmas...
when in doubt, pursue greater Light

MADGAME

I'm sure we'll be able to after a few more tries, but we've only run through it twice so far. We made a strategic chance the second time around that should help out a ton for further attempts though (and it involves me kicking ass with the relic so win-win for me :D)

Nice, use that Gorgon-hide-turned-relic to rip everything you see a new one :D

fuuuuck.
Really want icebreaker, but I only have 3 strange coins. What should be my plan of action tonight?

Weekly heroic strike I'm assuming for 9. Is this soloable? I've had terrible luck finding parties for these events. I'm a level 27 hunter btw.
Daily? Any chance of coins?
Tiger strike playlist?

I'm all ears for advice on this!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
First piece of Raid Gear is in. Should I just dismantle the Legendary gauntlets I was using before? My raid gear gives increased reload speed with Special Weapons, my Vanguard gear increased reload speed with auto rifles. I'm a big auto rifle user, but also fusion rifles and shotguns.
Very interesting question. Are you amenable to the idea of having a Raid set for hard mode raiding, and a Standard set with your ideal mods for everything else? If so, don't dismantle. If not, break for the shards to put in your raid gear.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
So between making it to the Templar last week and then finally clearing the raid last night (Love all you GAFs that helped and my bro Demah and Corky and HELL YES that was awesome!!!!) ... I didn't get jack shit out of the raid.

Both times = Pradyeth's Revenge sniper rifle and shards and energy.

le . fuckin . sigh

Both chests held a dream in their hinges for me... a drum full of high caliber history ... a single action and opposite reaction of glory... and peacemaker for the stars... and it failed me. Every single one.

Very interesting question. Are you amenable to the idea of having a Raid set for hard mode raiding, and a Standard set with your ideal mods for everything else? If so, don't dismantle. If not, break for the shards to put in your raid gear.

Hmm, good point. Might just keep 'em around.

fuuuuck.
Really want icebreaker, but I only have 3 strange coins. What should be my plan of action tonight?

Weekly heroic strike I'm assuming for 9. Is this soloable? I've had terrible luck finding parties for these events. I'm a level 27 hunter btw.
Tiger strike playlist?

I ran the lvl 28 weekly earlier today. I may be able to help you later tonight.

PSN: Godsfavorite

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
fuuuuck.

Tiger strike playlist?

It's soloable but that's the tough route... are you on PS4? You've asked here for help? This week's heroic is extremely doable for just about any group if you've got good void stuff.
Does fully upgraded armor with 18 shards in it net you more shards when you dismantle it?
No.

However, fully unlocked (via XP), not necessarily upgraded, weapons will net you more Energy. just learned this yesterday.

edit: lmao we could hit 100 pages by the time I go home from work

in OT7

in community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom