• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

VexyWexy

Anyone doing Hard raid on PS4? 29 Hunter, just finished another normal and still not a single piece of armor... destinylfg.net is a nightmare right now.

Guys my friend is struggling with the thorn bounty (500 points in crucible). He has one good void shotgun and I think he has a machine gun as well. Any tips?

Stick to the close quarters areas. And shotgun spam. Pay attention to when Heavy ammo spawns and make sure he goes and gets it and uses machine gun to rack up kills.

Deaths take a huge toll, so tell him to play semi-cautious.

Flo_Evans

Strange Suspect is one of the few pulse rifles in the game I can actually recommend. I don't like them too much personally, but that gun has run the table in Rumble matches enough times for me to take notice. It seems crazy accurate despite its average stats, and the vendor empty mag reload mod is extremely useful, IMO.

Sorry I meant fusion.

I have a set of 3 elemental blue ones but they are all like 240 attack, kind of weak vs nightfall enemies so they stay in the bag while ice breaker does all the work.

I just got the raid rocket launcher (then "the truth" exotic RL the next day) so I am set for heavy, need more good elemental damage weapons.

I find fusion (when the right level) is fastest for stripping shields if the mob is not to far away.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It wasn't silly advice. He was correct. Just didn't fully explain his method.
You're right, I had no idea you could go that far outside the strike and still get credit!
Sorry I meant fusion.

I have a set of 3 elemental blue ones but they are all like 240 attack, kind of weak vs nightfall enemies so they stay in the bag while ice breaker does all the work.

I just got the raid rocket launcher (then "the truth" exotic RL the next day) so I am set for heavy, need more good elemental damage weapons.

I find fusion (when the right level) is fastest for stripping shields if the mob is not to far away.
Oooh. I recommend 77 Wizard then, it will be your go-to for Void stuff (this week's weekly heroic is totally one!)

Strider

I can't wait to try Ice Breaker on Supplicants after the next reset <3

Mine is fully upgraded but it has no problem one shotting them on hard mode even though I'm not level 30. Also it's great for breaking the detain bubbles since you dont have to worry about ammo.

FStop7

Banned
FYI Brad (and possibly Jeff) from Giant Bomb will be streaming a VoG run tomorrow.

Can't wait to see how it plays out, it really hinges on whether or not their team is familiar with the mechanics in dealing with the Templar, Oracles, etc.

Yeah I really need to stop thinking that people will know what I'm talking about.

da1b3e48f5f88ffe9d8b8274d799f5c8d26f28d4469c212be4e40f255d58b977.jpg

When do y'all think we'll get the first rebalancing? One that looks not just at Crucible weapons, but at class skills, boss HP/mechanics, etc.

For me, that's going to be a *very* telling as to how Bungie is going to handle post-release.

Nocturnx

Dang, I thought I was going to be able to finally replace my crappy queens chest with the Lucky Raspberry but seeing everyone talk up Ice Breaker I might just have to grab it instead. 4 coins short of being able to get Ice Breaker and the Lucky Raspberry perks sure would be nice. Decisions, decisions...

Edit: Hunter is the best class.

ocean

Banned
If anyone wants to work on their low level alts, my level 11 Warlock is going to the moon now. He's got Exotics and Legendaries waiting for him to reach 20 :)

a_javierp on PS4.

Anton668

Ehhh. I don't know if I'd buy it. The one that drops is much better. I think the one that is sold doesn't have the fast reload nor does it have the field scout perk (a MUST in order to make this gun the bad ass that it is).

well, thing is, I have yet to get(or even see a fucking) leg weap. my best weap atm is (aside from the ice breaker I just bought) her right hand. which I bought because I couldnt even get a damn rare above lvl 19!

and whenever I would go do the weekly/daily/hell even the queens missions, my weaps were hella shit for that stuff.

hence why at this point im willing to buy my way into a leg weap :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian...I think you need to edit Xur's splash screen and make some notations like you did with the level 18 orbit screen showing that you can start buying legendaries.

Icebreaker** <-- Buy this weapon

** I don't care what you thought you wanted to do with your coins this weekend, just fucking buy it already.

lol

just in case anyone didn't catch that, show your newbie friends. i fixed the level 18 orbit message

We tried to finish the Raid on Hard mode and died right at the end of the Gatekeeper part. We did get the loot (I've got some Raid gauntlets) but the checkpoint didn't trigger! So we had to do the Gatekeeper fight again and failed :(

well, thing is, I have yet to get(or even see a fucking) leg weap. my best weap atm is (aside from the ice breaker I just bought) her right hand. which I bought because I couldnt even get a damn rare above lvl 19!

and whenever I would go do the weekly/daily/hell even the queens missions, my weaps were hella shit for that stuff.

hence why at this point im willing to buy my way into a leg weap :(

I bought every weapon I have except my Shadow Price. That was easily the best drop I've had in this game.

I hear what you're saying though. I agree that if you're going to buy something, that gun is the shiz.

So I bought the warlock chest piece instead of the ice breaker. I had two exotic primaries and a legendary helm at the time of purchase. Did I make a mistake?

Dang, I thought I was going to be able to finally replace my crappy queens chest with the Lucky Raspberry but seeing everyone talk up Ice Breaker I might just have to grab it instead. 4 coins short of being able to get Ice Breaker and the Lucky Raspberry perks sure would be nice. Decisions, decisions...

Get the chest. The only time ice breaker is useful is when trying to cheese your way past strike and raid bosses because the ammo regenerates meaning youcan stay far away from mobs and constantly hit the boss from a far away safe spot. It's not very fun but it works and odds are there well be other people in your fireteam with ice breaker. Get the chest.

Just my opinion of course.

Shito

Cross posting from the group/clan thread, but if anybody is willing to help me get the weekly 26 done, or to carry me through the 28 one, I'd be more than grateful. ^^
PS4 lvl25 Hunter.

Deku Tree

We tried to finish the Raid on Hard mode and died right at the end of the Gatekeeper part. We did get the loot (I've got some Raid gauntlets) but the checkpoint didn't trigger! So we had to do the Gatekeeper fight again and failed :(

Buggy Destiny VoG.

The game also really gets messed up when you have laggy players.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Well, it's just a matter of whether getting your level up sooner or getting a cool weapon sooner is more important. :) What level are you now?

Flo_Evans

Get ice breaker, tear through tiger strikes like paper, get enough coins to buy chest?

Thats what I would do.

alright i need to level up my Ice Breaker before I use it in the Raid, and what better way to do so than Nightfall with sniper telemetry?

If anyone on PS4 needs to do the nightfall now, send a message to Twilight_Gap. We'll hopefully get through it in less than half an hour. I'm not the greatest at small talk though so it's fine if you don't have a mic!

So I bought the warlock chest piece instead of the ice breaker. I had two exotic primaries and a legendary helm at the time of purchase. Did I make a mistake?
I bought the chest over the ice breaker, excited to see how a third seeker improves the axion grenades. Of course I also have another Warlock I'm leveling up and expecting to get to 20 soon which means I can instantly transfer my gear and get to 29 and do the weekly strike again earning enough coins to buy ice breaker as well. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hawkian, what would you recommend? Refer to post 9481.
Light/Beware is solar. I mainly need a fusion rifle because i dont have a legendary one yet and because of minataurs. I should add that i got the Comedian but i don't want to risk getting close to minataurs in case i take damage. I got 150 marks for Vanguard and Crucible so i just need to make my mind up. Though if i choose 77 wizard i won't have any marks to buy Cryptic dragon.
Thx, missed it completely.

well, no question here. Since your primary use case is killin' minotaurs: 77 Wizard is void, Minotaur shields are void. 77 Wizard is the answer. Cryptic dragon next time around!

edit: There are good primaries to consider from Vanguard, but I dunno about scout rifles, maybe someone else can help with that

MADGAME

So infuriating, that is a difficult fight. Sorry to hear!

If you are under level 28, get the chest. Getting to 28 should be the priority if you are interested in raids, nightfall, hard game content (and not being a liability when doing said content).

Um, that said, the Ice Breaker is a fucking joke of a gun. It absolutely hammers enemies in PvE... and regens ammo which is also very important for late-game content.

Edit: Titan is the best class. ;)

Navy Bean

Yes. Always go for the gun. Always. Why? Cause it's a shooting game not a dress up barbie game. And when one of the top 3 best guns is staring you in the face you buy it and figure out the rest later...;)

Thx, missed it completely.

well, no question here. Since your primary use case is killin' minotaurs: 77 Wizard is void, Minotaur shields are void. 77 Wizard is the answer. Cryptic dragon next time around!

edit: There are good primaries to consider from Vanguard, but I dunno about scout rifles, maybe someone else can help with that

My 77 Wizard is arc and not void. Argh. I would kill for a void 77 Wizard.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So infuriating, that is a difficult fight. Sorry to hear!
the prospect of that fight on hard scares the crap out of me. I definitely consider it riskier and more tense than Atheon himself, especially the moment when the team enters the second portal- it's like okay everyone play perfectly for the next 30 seconds with no interruption GO
My 77 Wizard is arc and not void. Argh. I would kill for a void 77 Wizard.
the crucible one is void!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom