• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

Hey can someone post the confirmation on the XP being dumped into one armor or weapon when you turn in bounties if everything else equipped is maxed out? Remember seeing it here a while back but can't remember who confirmed it or how.

BondFancy

You poor poor soul, if only you had 10 rare fusion rifles lying in the vault for this. Prepare for frustration and disappointment trying to get past that phase. Just know that the weapon is a great one when you fall to despair and look for the light at the end of the tunnel. You could end up like me however, and have it take so long to get those rifles that you end up getting better or at least more useful weapons by the time you get PI :|

Thankfully I already had 7 stockpiled just for this bounty!

Hey can someone post the confirmation on the XP being dumped into one armor or weapon when you turn in bounties if everything else equipped is maxed out? Remember seeing it here a while back but can't remember who confirmed it or how.

Yes, this is definitely a thing. I can confirm it, after reading from the last thread.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
All this talk about the Ice Breaker...

Decided to buy it.

Also, wanting to raid tonight on PSN. Probably in a few hours. Looking to run the whole thing if anyone is down?

Thankfully I already had 7 stockpiled just for this bounty!

On one hand, awesome! On the other hand, if you have my luck with that bounty, all that does is save you money when it comes time to buy because you will only find those last three in the store... I wish you luck though, may blue engrams rain upon you and all turn to fusion rifles! The second after I got PI, I started getting fusion rifles from engrams...This cannot be a coincidence.

Homeboyd

Yes, this is definitely a thing. I can confirm it, after reading from the last thread.
Yeah I mean I do the same thing... But explaining to others who want proof. Is there a link or something that shows the progress of a 5000xp bounty going into one weapon vs the same weapon with others that aren't maxed? Or is this just something you tested on your own as well?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So confirmed it's been stamped in triplicate playaaaa
Wait, so it splits the XP between all of your equipped items?
Yes.
*cough* End of second tip

BondFancy

On one hand, awesome! On the other hand, if you have my luck with that bounty, all that does is save you money when it comes time to buy because you will only find those last three in the store... I wish you luck though, may blue engrams rain upon you and all turn to fusion rifles! The second after I got PI, I started getting fusion rifles from engrams...This cannot be a coincidence.

Oh lord may the RNGods be ever in my favor...

Nebula

My vault has many fusion rifles.

Do you use Striker on titan? The helm of Inmost Light is for Striker subclass. Same question for Voidwalker Warlock.

That's how you should figure it out.

I use it all. My titan is maxed on both and I switch back and forth all the time. My warlock is an alt that has been leveling sunsinger but I got coins to burn.

I guess the chest would be dumb probably.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
100 pages. Halfway to OT8.

in community.

with 8 minutes to spare in my work day.

fucking dead game
Can you repeat Nightfall and still get rewards or do you have to wait for the weekly refresh?
the weekly nightfall and weekly heroic strike rewards can be obtained once a week and reset each week at the weekly reset (Tuesday 5:00AM EST)

WEEK

-Digits-

I decided to spend my Vanguard marks on boots and gloves today. Then I got my first legendary from a blue engram right after. They were boots. I raged a little. I'm okay now.

ethomaz

Banned
8 hours. 8 hours of pvp before I finally got to +25 kills/assists for that exotic bounty. I am not good at pvp.
I did the second time yesterday having fun on Iron Banner but I can see it being hard to some guys... a good hint is stay close to your partner... you get assists and them help to kill your enemies.

Xamdou

Bought the Ice Breaker and realize it will take a long time to max it out. Never used snipers before so will take some time to get use to it.

Also the game hasn't dropped me any legendary or exotic primary weapons yet...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Started my Warlock today. I'm gonna try and hit level 26 before Tuesday. Wish me luck.
Good luck man!
But it's just the same 20 people posting...
Hahah.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm *spreadsheets*

1,113 GAFers have posted in this OT.
616 have posted at least 3 times.
247 have posted at least 10 times.
The 100th most active poster has posted 25 times.
The 10th most active poster has posted 83 times.
I have posted 301 times.

Looking to do the VoG for the first time, I have watched some videos so i know the basics.
I tried the LFG site but still no response so i will try here too.

Sergoes

But it's just the same 20 people posting...

3818184-1184770752-dozen.gif

Good luck man!

Hahah.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm *spreadsheets*

1,113 GAFers have posted in this OT.
616 have posted at least 3 times.
247 have posted at least 10 times.
The 100th most active poster has posted 25 times.
The 10th most active poster has posted 83 times.
I have posted 301 times.

You're keeping spreadsheets?!

Details. Now.

Palocca

Question for you level 30s: would I need raid armor for helm, chest, and boots if I wanted to get to 30? I have the sunbreakers for my gauntlet right now and a raid chest piece that I'm planning to max out.

I'd love to get to 30, but I can't find a raid group consistently enough during my playtime. I might just settle for 29 and start a new character.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Holy shit

Just won a match in the last 10 seconds by like 50 points or something. Even had a "clutch" tag pop up at the end. Shit was tense!

Tied with the most kills in that match too. Love my pocket infinity. <3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know you can trade planet resources for marks but can you go the other way around?
I wish. Or, better idea I've heard would be, greens earned on a given planet dismantle to that planet's resource instead of glimmer/parts.

then I'd start actually picking up greens again.
You're keeping spreadsheets?!

Details. Now.
I just threw the wall of shame into excel! Nothing fancy!

jadedm17

Happy occurrence of the day : Got booted from an Iron Banner match as it started, giving me - as a gaffer pointed out a few pages back - credit for a win and all that comes with it. The truly great part? I got credit for first place completing my first place in an iron banner match bounty.

Sometimes bugs are awesome.

Question for you level 30s: would I need raid armor for helm, chest, and boots if I wanted to get to 30? I have the sunbreakers for my gauntlet right now and a raid chest piece that I'm planning to max out.

I'd love to get to 30, but I can't find a raid group consistently enough during my playtime. I might just settle for 29 and start a new character.

The super awesome guide linked many times - including a few pages back - says Helmet is your best bet for exotic since the raid helmet is only hard mode.

colinp

Banned
Holy shit

Just won a match in the last 10 seconds by like 50 points or something. Even had a "clutch" tag pop up at the end. Shit was tense!

Tied with the most kills in that match too. Love my pocket infinity. <3

Love when that happens!

Even losing by such a small margin makes me giddy.

blackflag

Yep it's required 3x raid gear and 1x exotic works.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Yes. You'll actually want an exotic helm if hitting 30 ASAP is your priority, because the raid helm doesn't drop in the normal raid.

This guide is perfect for your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom