• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I just threw the wall of shame into excel! Nothing fancy!

After this OT I was going to check the 'post density' of the wall of shame to see if moving to Community distilled it. Unless you beat me to it, of course. I'm sure you're curious.
do iiiiiiit

Mrgamer

Im hoping to do my first raid in about an hour time.

Will buy ice breaker have shadow price thorn and other legendary hc

almost fully leveled plan c and unfriendly giant and the swarm.

Anyone with knowlage how to do it would mind guiding me trought the raid would like to get the chests.

v1bt4t1ons ps4 level 28 warlock fully maxed voidwalker/sunsinger

Bollocks

Wait a minute, I just got to lvl 25 and was able to start the raid on venus without a fireteam aka I was alone?!
I thought you needed 6 friends?

DesertFox

On one hand, awesome! On the other hand, if you have my luck with that bounty, all that does is save you money when it comes time to buy because you will only find those last three in the store... I wish you luck though, may blue engrams rain upon you and all turn to fusion rifles! The second after I got PI, I started getting fusion rifles from engrams...This cannot be a coincidence.

If it's of any help I've had a lot of luck getting blue fusion rifles from running the level 14 version of the Nexus. I think I've gotten 5 from the post game rewards in approx. 10 runs or so.

Homeboyd

Moving to community hasn't changed anything for me. Tab on this thread stays open on my phone at all times. Destiny has ruined me.

Do you get Ascendant Energy back if you dismantle a quested Exotic? I got a second Pocket Infinity quest and I'm wondering if it's worth doing again.

To answer my own Q, I got 3 Ascendant Energy from breaking down Pocket Infinity. Was afraid they'd not give you Ascendant for it since it's from a quest but apparently not.

Palocca

The super awesome guide linked many times - including a few pages back - says Helmet is your best bet for exotic since the raid helmet is only hard mode.

Aw damn. I skimmed through the guide and missed that tidbit. Yeah, I'm just going to stick to 29 then haha. Thanks for pointing that out!

If it's of any help I've had a lot of luck getting blue fusion rifles from running the level 14 version of the Nexus. I think I've gotten 5 from the post game rewards in approx. 10 runs or so.

I already got it, thanks. It just took a couple weeks of obsessively checking the stock refreshes. I can't tell you how good it feels to not give a shit what he's selling anymore. Ahhhhhhhh back to Rahool being the greatest troll again.

Sergoes

Wait a minute, I just got to lvl 25 and was able to start the raid on venus without a fireteam aka I was alone?!
I thought you needed 6 friends?

You're allowed to bring 6 friends, but there have been people who have done it with just 2. You can check out the entrance alone though.

So far I have:

Gjallahorn x2 (dismantled one)
Invective
Bad Juju
Thorn
Red Death
Sunbreakers
Apotheosis Veil
Light Beyond Nemesis
Voidfangs Vestiments

Can get the Ice Breaker but feeling no need, my group is already at the gate keeper portals on Hard mode and we got there fairly easy and I just don't see myself putting down one of my other exotics for Ice Breaker. If I got it it would be entirely for collections sake I think.

Does Ice Breaker have any other great user's besides boss cheesing? Leaning towards saving my coins in case Xur has one of the two missing Warlock exotics I need or The Last Word/Hawkmoon, but everyone here makes it sound like Ice Breaker is an absolute must have. So am I missing something, or do people really want to sit back and take out shots on bosses all day?

Would be funny is Bungie did an update removing all the known cheese. How many people would still be completing the nightfall and raid?

I did the second time yesterday having fun on Iron Banner but I can see it being hard to some guys... a good hint is stay close to your partner... you get assists and them help to kill your enemies.
That's definitely key. That and for my hunter just sit back and get what I could without being too aggressive until I got my Super powered up.

Afrocious

Looking for 1 more person for VoG Hard. At oracles or gatekeeper since we have diff checkpoints.

Would really like a Defender Titan.

Milennia

Still could use about 3 for hard mode gatekeepers/atheons we will be progressing on the fight unless we get enough people who have cleared and know the strats

PSN cyborg1

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So far I have:

Invective
Bad Juju
Thorn
Red Death
Sunbreakers
Apotheosis Veil
Light Beyond Nemesis
Voidfangs Vestiments

Can get the Ice Breaker but feeling no need, my group is already at the gate keeper portals on Hard mode and we got there fairly easy and I just don't see myself putting down one of my other exotics for Ice Breaker. If I got it it would be entirely for collections sake I think.

Does Ice Breaker have any other great user's besides boss cheesing? Leaning towards saving my coins in case Xur has one of the two missing Warlock exotics I need or The Last Word/Hawkmoon, but everyone here makes it sound like Ice Breaker is an absolute must have. So am I missing something, or do people really want to sit back and take out shots on bosses all day?

Would be funny is Bungie did an update removing all the known cheese. How many people would still be competing the nightfall and raid?
lol dude. Ice Breaker is a fantastic sniper rifle with virtually infinite ammo, all there is to it. It's useful any time a sniper rifle is useful. Dunno why you got it into your head that cheesing bosses was the only time this was practical.

I don't want it myself 'cause I hate sniper rifles. But it's amazing.

Am_I_Evil

Looking for 1 more person for VoG Hard. At oracles or gatekeeper since we have diff checkpoints.

not a defender titan but a level 29 hunter...if you still need one i'm down...starting the furthest in would probably be the best bet i would think....

So far I have:

Invective
Bad Juju
Thorn
Red Death
Sunbreakers
Apotheosis Veil
Light Beyond Nemesis
Voidfangs Vestiments

Would be funny is Bungie did an update removing all the known cheese. How many people would still be competing the nightfall and raid?

I think nightfall would take much more communication, and more diverse fireteams, but I don't think it would be too bad. Defender Titans would be a must have, and people would need to be more conscious of producing and picking up orbs. I don't know about hard raid, but I think normal raid is pretty doable without cheese.

Wow decided to try icebreaker so I soloed the 28 nightfall just for fun since I already did it........uhhhh that weapon completely breaks PVE

I know you posted this hours ago... but yes... it really is unfair. Between my Shadow Price and this, it's a fucking joke. I'm not even that good at this game.

JNA

Banned
Wow. I just got on today and Xur answered my pray and is selling the Ice Breaker! Raids going to be easy mode soon.

Also he's selling a nice Hunter exotic chest. I have a Hunter alt I'm leveling up, would that exotic chest be good for that Hunter or is there a better one?

Still could use about 3 for hard mode gatekeepers/atheons we will be progressing on the fight unless we get enough people who have cleared and know the strats

PSN cyborg1

Running it on PS4. Is your name the same as GAF?

Totally missing out due to work :( I need to win the lottery ASAP.

breakfuss

So confirmed it's been stamped in triplicate playaaaa

Yes.
*cough* End of second tip

nGAXFOC.png

Duuuuuuuude...

mstevens

Would someone be willing to help me with the weekly heroic so I can get some coins.. Really struggling with this archon priest. I'm level 26 so we could do that one, or we could do the level 28 if you're feeling really generous :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom