• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GutZ31

Anything is better than "Long live the king".

Actually thought Luke had to be joking when he said that was the raid description.

We should use his suggestion. Operation butter him up and get him drunk so we can ask about private matches.
I don't mind using his suggestion for inspiration, but I think it's pretty bland, and doesn't really reflect much of DGaf in my opinion.

Butter is unhealthy.

Karl2177

EMd4MXL.gif

*shudder* that's so dirty

Lol yes, there's nothing like turning a corner only to have your health bar in the red and a green screen. I was a Thorn user for a long time and defended it but this is going to far. Same goes for the random 111 TLW headshot. Luckily, we're close to the patch and I'm somewhat disappointed that this the last Trials weekend. Would've liked to test some weapons in Trials after the weapon balancing. On the other hand, we'll have more time to play Rift. I played some Mayhem at Gamescom but for now I don't see that becoming a highly liked game mode.

I don't mind using his suggestion for inspiration, but I think it's pretty bland, and doesn't really reflect much of DGaf in my opinion.

Butter is unhealthy.

I think you hit it spot on why it doesn't resonate with me. It isn't cheeky or fun.

Destiny |OT 30| Oryx has left the building

Hi guys, I just booted up Destiny again for the first time since last October. I have a level 25 Gunslinger but no exotic weapons or armor to speak of. I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the updates since the last time I've played, but I'd like to try to wrap my head around everything before the next expansion comes out (note: I did buy the other two but haven't actually played them).

I guess long story short, what should my short term (and longer term) goals be at the moment? Is there some place that offers a good build guide that has up to date info on all the newest items from the expansions? I do like my gunslinger abilities, but I feel like I can basically go anywhere from here. Also, I have 13 strange coins but I'm not sure if the gauntlets this week are worth it or for me to get or not, which is sort of what brought me here. Any advice is appreciated!

GutZ31

Getting my 2TB HDD in today. So as far as my captured screenshots and videos, can I just put those on a flash then put them back on the new HDD?
So, I used the Back Up function on my PS4 to make a complete copy of everything I installed or recorded/saved to my system. Installed the new hard drive. Ran a Restore from Back Up, and everything was there.

Getting my 2TB HDD in today. So as far as my captured screenshots and videos, can I just put those on a flash then put them back on the new HDD?
Not sure if you can do them individually, but they will get copied over if you are doing the whole backup and restore process.

LTWood12

So, I used the Back Up function on my PS4 to make a complete copy of everything I installed or recorded/saved to my system. Installed the new hard drive. Ran a Restore from Back Up, and everything was there.

Yeah I guess I could do that. Can you link me to the firmware again? It has to be FAT32 right?

Hi guys, I just booted up Destiny again for the first time since last October. I have a level 25 Gunslinger but no exotic weapons or armor to speak of. I'm a little overwhelmed by all of the updates since the last time I've played, but I'd like to try to wrap my head around everything before the next expansion comes out (note: I did buy the other two but haven't actually played them).

I guess long story short, what should my short term (and longer term) goals be at the moment? Is there some place that offers a good build guide that has up to date info on all the newest items from the expansions? I do like my gunslinger abilities, but I feel like I can basically go anywhere from here. Also, I have 13 strange coins but I'm not sure if the gauntlets this week are worth it or for me to get or not, which is sort of what brought me here. Any advice is appreciated!

for now the easiest thing is to do the weekly and daily stuff if you can

Strike playlists and story missions will give incremental gear upgrades

once you hit 28 complete the House Of Wolves questline and move to Prison of Elders 28

Then Vanguard Dragon strikes to gear up to 30-31

Then PoE 32 for teh Armor Core

OR!

Wait till the big 2.0 update on the either and jsut do whatever the hell you want

GutZ31

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Thinking up some titles.

your short term goals should be to wait until Tuesday to play this game. I say that because on Tuesday a major overhaul to the leveling system where you leveling up is solely determined by the experience you gain. Your Long term goals should be to go through the content as naturally as possible. The more you play the better gear you'll get and thanks to the new systems you'll get it more easily. A lot of the TTK content will guarantee you gear. Eventually you'll be ready for the end game content and you'll have a lot of choices of people here to take you through it. Good luck!

Yeah I wasn't going to do that, but maybe I should.
It worked nicely for me when I got a new HDD (even saved my download of PT), but just be aware that it can be really slow depending on what you have installed. Took maybe 12 hours total to wait for the backup and the restore. I.e. don't do it on TTK launch day!

Thanks for the responses guys. I was more or less logging in today to make sure I had all the previous DLCs downloaded and whatnot, so it sounds like I can really just hit the ground running come update time.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Destiny |OT 30| Let them eat light
Destiny |OT 30| Light at the end of the tunnel
Destiny |OT 30| Time to explain
Destiny |OT 30| The ball's in oryx's court
Destiny |OT 30| 29 is dead, long live 40!

Juraash

So question for you guys. I played my Titan a bunch over the last few days and he's... 27 as a result of the random crap I've collected. Is it possible to run him through PoE 28 if someone else queues it up? I basically did no story on him so runnig the missions to unlock PoE and will be a pain since I don't have Venus unlocked.

I'd like to run his ass through 28 for the guaranteed exotic, provided that is per character and not once per account.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
So question for you guys. I played my Titan a bunch over the last few days and he's... 27 as a result of the random crap I've collected. Is it possible to run him through PoE 28 if someone else queues it up? I basically did no story on him so runnig the missions to unlock PoE and will be a pain since I don't have Venus unlocked.

I'd like to run his ass through 28 for the guaranteed exotic, provided that is per character and not once per account.
i don't believe you can do PoE without the story.

Give me 20 mins and i'll see if I can get you in, I need to get one of the 28 bosses for the grimoire

Top Bottom