• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

lol i officially hate the Sony Gold Headset.

I picked it up to put it on moments ago and it broke in a place I didn't know something could even break. What kind of cheap ass plastic did they use on this thing?

It's currently being held together by super glue and packing tape, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were to spontaneously combust at this point.

Mine are used by me, and my 6 year old, and my 9 year old. Bought at Destiny launch and still good as new. I wonder if there was a bad run with brittle plastic or something.

Edit: ^ beaver piss...I agree, sounds like the root cause.

LTWood12

2 TB drive installed. So happy I can have Killzone shadow fall installed again to never play it!

Are we going to be able to earn legendary marks on Tuesday?

DjRalford

I picked it up to put it on moments ago and it broke in a place I didn't know something could even break. What kind of cheap ass plastic did they use on this thing?

It's currently being held together by super glue and packing tape, but it wouldn't surprise me if it were to spontaneously combust at this point.

Yeah the build quality lets it down, my side plates that fold in constantly detatch and i'm forever clipping them back on, shame really as the sound is brilliant.

Silvard

thanks for the run! etheric light boooo

that's exactly what happened. there was one swiggy swooty crack coming for the other end that i managed to knock out preemptively. the one that broke however completely took me by surprise.

Thank you and ThingonTheFloor! Exotic shard woo.

Well, looking for people to join me for 2x NF (or 1, this can be a casual thing, no strings attached)!

Man... I wish Destiny had the ability to capture and edit screenshots like Halo: Reach. There are so many little details that you don't notice from first person view, such as the glowing blades that appear from the Peregrine Greaves.

God yes, also I thought the holographic from the Peregrine was a wing similar to Hermes' Flying Shoes?

Evidently not :/ That is disappointing.

pks4Rq6.jpg

Kalamari

Sometimes Chinese factories pull the bait and switch I think. They start off producing good quality products, then later on try to substitute cheaper materials when QA isn't looking in order to squeeze out all the profit they can.

Sometimes Chinese factories pull the bait and switch I think. They start off producing good quality products, then later on try to substitute cheaper materials when QA isn't looking in order to squeeze out all the profit they can.

the worst part to me is that this is a replacement i got for free for my main one, which worked fine and only broke once over the year that i had it.

These have broken 4 times in the last 4 months.

Deku Tree

Yea but doesn't look like too many people want to come along right now.

It's been pretty slow around here recently regarding doing LFG with random gaffers on the old raids. The dedicated LFG sites are still usually extremely quick for finding groups if you don't mind them. I would play but I can't right now.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sony product has always been crappy to me. Use to buy walkmans and minidiscs every year. Meanwhile I have every single Galaxy phone and the first to now is still in mint condition.

Sony product has always been crappy to me. Use to buy walkmans and minidiscs every year. Meanwhile I have every single Galaxy phone and the first to now is still in mint condition.

My experience is the polar opposite. I've only had 5 Samsung phones though. Note 2 was the only one that had no issues.

Sony's higher end cameras have been good to me. None have failed me on a shoot as of yet. But haven't bought an audio product from them in a long time other than the golds...and my first set of golds fell apart without too much abuse at all.

Never had an issue with Sony products. Always made sure I got the 'made in Japan' version though. My 60gb launch jap phat Ps3 is still alive and kicking. My Ps4 was on for a month and nothing happened to it. My 10 year old psp still works.

My experience is the polar opposite. I've only had 5 Samsung phones though. Note 2 was the only one that had no issues.

Same. You can never tell with tech products these days.

Though fuck me if I ever buy anything made by samsung or apple.

phen0m24

You'll get goodies. Your RNG had always been pretty good.
But maybe the game knew you bought Horn week 2

:(

What do you guys do with your Sony Golds? Mine are still good as new.

I did raids this morning on ps4. Figured you would want to know.

think this one is just defective. like somebody soaked it in freshwater beaver piss for 3 weeks before shipping it to me.

I would be scared more of the saltwater beavers.

Mine are used by me, and my 6 year old, and my 9 year old. Bought at Destiny launch and still good as new. I wonder if there was a bad run with brittle plastic or something.

Edit: ^ beaver piss...I agree, sounds like the root cause.

I bought Josh his own. We are a multi Gold home now. :)

Mmkay, that's an interesting visual.

No comments from you. You need to help me do Skolas on the other console. I'm calling in some Narmer Quest favors. ;)

Deku Tree

My year old $80 Sony golds still work like day 1. Even dropped them on tile a few times Love the software integration with the ps4.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Scrubs on the losing teams teabagging after every kill on me. LOL. They are salty I sniped the hell out of them.

Anyone interested in doing 2x (or 3x) HM DS/Crota? Have checkpoint, will travel. I need to wrap up my rng disappointment for the week.

1. Teasing_Pink
2. rc213

Top Bottom