• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Internet issues resolved, now I'm ready to face Skolas if anyone's willing.

psn id error2k7

X-Frame

Does it make sense to "practice" using The Last Word now by hip-firing only?

ADS is likely going to be nerfed significantly, which is what it should be, but hip-firing seems like it'll actually be buffed.

My Sony Gold headset is still as good as new. Bought it for Destiny in after the Beta ended.

I do want to Astro a40 but it's too much for a while.

I bought some Sennheiser headphones recently and no sound came out of the right side, soooooo.

My first Gold set was good as new till I woke up in the middle of the night about two months back and accidentally stepped on them. I completely forgot I left it out. Had it for nearly a year.

Well, it's hard to blame Sony for that one.

I did raids this morning on ps4. Figured you would want to know.

Haha good to see you back. 😘

so when taken king comes out, all year one gear will kinda be obsolete right? what should i even bother with on the first two expansions once i get the legendary edition then? i'm bummed i waited on dark below and house of wolves now if all their gear is gonna be passed over by taken king stuff. or is there going to be a similar etheric light upgrade on old gear items?

Daemul

I've been getting nostalgic about my Titan again the past couple of days, and I've been contemplating starting to save up some PE packages at the postmaster for him(I already have 10x 5k bounties completed on him), but I'll only be able to save up around 10 of them since we're close to the release of TTK.

EDIT: I've just crunched the numbers and assuming the new subclasses take the same amount of experience to level up as the current subclasses, and also assuming that we're allowed to carry 16 bounties into TTK, then the difference between 20PE packages+16x 5k bounties on my Hunter and 10PE packages+ 16x 5k bounties on my Titan is only two extra unlocked nodes.
KuGsj.gif
. Those extra 10 PE packages on my Hunter are essentially useless
TadkV.gif

Seriously though, the experience it takes to level up a subclass is ridiculous, around 500k. The experience requirements start getting huge once you unlock a subclasses 3rd grenade.

Does it make sense to "practice" using The Last Word now by hip-firing only?

ADS is likely going to be nerfed significantly, which is what it should be, but hip-firing seems like it'll actually be buffed.

You mean to tell me that you haven't been exclusively hip firing with TLW this whole time?

Deku Tree

I've been getting nostalgic about my Titan again the past couple of days, and I've been contemplating starting to save up some PE packages at the postmaster for him(I already have 10x 5k bounties completed on him), but I'll only be able to save up around 10 of them since we're close to the release of TTK.

EDIT: I've just crunched the numbers and assuming the new subclasses take the same amount of experience to level up as the current subclasses, and also assuming that we're allowed to carry 16 bounties into TTK, then the difference between 20PE packages+16x 5k bounties on my Hunter and 10PE packages+ 16x 5k bounties on my Titan is only two extra unlocked nodes.
KuGsj.gif
. Those extra 10 PE packages on my Hunter are essentially useless
TadkV.gif

Seriously though, the experience it takes to level up a subclass is ridiculous, around 500k. The experience requirements start getting huge once you unlock a subclasses 3rd grenade.

You mean to tell me that you haven't been exclusively hip firing with TLW this whole time?

Your not going to have to unlock the whole subclass. A lot or all of the basic stuff will be unlocked already.

FyreWulff

so when taken king comes out, all year one gear will kinda be obsolete right? what should i even bother with on the first two expansions once i get the legendary edition then? i'm bummed i waited on dark below and house of wolves now if all their gear is gonna be passed over by taken king stuff. or is there going to be a similar etheric light upgrade on old gear items?

Year 1 Gear will remain as effective as it is now in all Year 1 content:

Year 1 Story
Dark Below Story
House of Wolves Story
Prison of Elders
Vault of Glass Raid
Crota's End Raid

Year 1 Gear will also be the same damage (depending on archetype) in regular Crucible as Year 2 weapons, so if you like a gun or armor for regular Crucible, you can keep using it.

Year 1 Gear is obsolete for:

Taken King Story
King's Fall Raid
The Dreadnaught Patrol and activities
Iron Banner 2.0
Trials of Osiris 2.0

darknil

Well, the 2 existing raids can drop Year 1 exotics, which for some will unlock their Year 2 blueprint. Also raid gear makes raiding easier with some unique perks.

Finally, crucible regular modes have damage balancing, so some year 1 weapons (from white to exotic) can be pretty good for PvP.

Aaaaand maybe there will be elemental damage bounties, so you can dust off those raid weapons then. Specially the primary weapons.

Year 1 Gear will remain as effective as it is now in all Year 1 content:

Year 1 Story
Dark Below Story
House of Wolves Story
Prison of Elders
Vault of Glass Raid
Crota's End Raid

Year 1 Gear will also be the same damage (depending on archetype) in regular Crucible as Year 2 weapons, so if you like a gun or armor for regular Crucible, you can keep using it.

Year 1 Gear is obsolete for:

Taken King Story
King's Fall Raid
The Dreadnaught Patrol and activities
Iron Banner 2.0
Trials of Osiris 2.0

Well, the 2 existing raids can drop Year 1 exotics, which for some will unlock their Year 2 blueprint. Also raid gear makes raiding easier with some unique perks.

Finally, crucible regular modes have damage balancing, so some year 1 weapons (from white to exotic) can be pretty good for PvP.

Aaaaand maybe there will be elemental damage bounties, so you can dust off those raid weapons then. Specially the primary weapons.

gotcha, thanks for filling me in guys. :)

Tovarisc

I feel like ADS is so much more effective when they aren't in shotgun range. I'll hip fire more in 2.0.

No one using TLW seriously fire it from hip atm. You get all those crit bonuses for short moment when in ADS and it allows you score easier headshot, after that just hit anywhere and you have a kill. More or less.

Reason why good TLW players mow down people in blink of an eye and others have no time to react.

Daemul

Your not going to have to unlock the whole subclass. A lot or all of the basic stuff will be unlocked already.

Yeah, the first grenade, jump, super and melee iirc, that's the easy stuff to unlock normally though, it only requires 16k experience altogether, it's the later perks which require ridiculous amount of experience to unlock.

I remember when I was going for the plat last year and levelling up the last node and a half on my Titan took all fucking day. Thought I'd get it in a couple hours, but no lol.

Daemul

I remember when I was going for the plat last year and levelling up the last node and a half on my Titan took all fucking day. Thought I'd get it in a couple hours, but no lol.

The last couple of nodes on a subclass require around 100k combined experience to unlock, the grind must have been real.

Frenden

Banned
Drizzay and Wicked carried my dead husk to Mercury with their herculean shoulders of might.

Mercury is waaaaaay prettier than screenshots do it justice.

Thanks so much you two. I really appreciate it!

Kalamari

What I found out recently is that it's fairly easy to add a mic to any pair of headphones using Antlion's Modmic. So you could always find yourself a sturdy pair of headphones then just add a microphone to them in a MacGuyver-like fashion.

Drizzay and Wicked carried my dead husk to Mercury with their herculean shoulders of might.

Mercury is waaaaaay prettier than screenshots do it justice.

Thanks so much you two. I really appreciate it!

You were far from a dead husk, haha. You played great, that was about as smooth as Mercury runs get (excluding the lag of course).

COLf2HfUAAAQK6y.jpg:large

The best loot of all: Frenden himself!

Top Bottom