• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Raybunny

Hydra farm isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. You can do roughly 2 per minute so it goes by super quick. I'll finish up Hydras and Ogres tonight and call the Grimoire game quits at 3610.

How much are you lacking on each?

3610 is a good spot. Get it done!

giphy.gif

For hydras I did something similar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ2YHmSgwlo I killed myself with grenades each time since they were ready as I killed the hydra.
For ogres : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQljwGhdKLI

ocean

Banned
Bungie never intended TLW to do hip fire precision damage while ADS. Couple that with the long range and yeah, it needs fixing.

Seems like they just want people to hip fire the thing given their statement in the BWU and the incoming hip fire buff.
Oh for sure, the 111 ADS glitch was bullshit and needed fixing. I don't mean that when I refer to a nerf, that was a bug long overdue for correction.

I just feel the gun losing range and most importantly stability might gut it too far. Remember what happened to SUROS Regime: from King of the hill to literally (not kidding here) the slowest-killing weapon in the entire game. There isn't a single primary weapon, nor even greens or blues, with a higher theoretical time to kill than SUROS (1.2s of sustained crits while ADS with Focus Fire).

I just hope they don't go overboard here like they did with SUROS.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Already DM'd and tried to speak to. I don't quite get how it's gotten that bad though.

Ah shit man. I was speaking with him last week while playing Destiny and I'm pretty sure his girlfriend or a close friend was in the chat with us and they were having a laugh. Something must've happened in the past few days. I need to find her GT and contact her.

Edit: My recent players list wont go back to last week but in his post he mentioned Erika and he has someone called Erika 37 on his friends list. https://account.xbox.com/en-CA/Profile?GamerTag=Erika 37

Should I contact her guys?

noomi

Ah shit man. I was speaking with him last week while playing Destiny and I'm pretty sure his girlfriend or a close friend was in the chat with us and they were having a laugh. Something must've happened in the past few days. I need to find her GT and contact her.

Edit: My recent players list wont go back to last week but in his post he mentioned Erika and he has someone called Erika 37 on his friends list. https://account.xbox.com/en-CA/Profile?GamerTag=Erika 37

Should I contact her guys?

yes, gogogo also let a mod know.

Namikaze1

Good morning, DGAF.

efgxrd2.jpg

"Hey Nami, how can I get in on this?"

It's simple, just PM me a pic of your emblem. Make sure it has you PSN ID / Gamertag on it.

"It looks like you're running out of room there. Will I actually get on it?"

Yes. I plan to expand the canvas to include as many as I can. That pic is also several hours old.

"it's small."

It'll be much bigger. Trust me.

"So how long do I have to give you a screenshot of my emblem?"

You have till September 6. After that, I am taking no more in. I have a life you know. :p

"Do you actually?"

No. :'(
Well, I see a lot waited till the last minute to hand me theirs. It was a lot. Had to make a new column. Because of how many were sent, I need 8 more to complete this last column.

I'm only accepting the first 8 to send me their emblems today.

SheHateMe

Good morning, DGAF.

Well, I see a lot waited till the last minute to hand me theirs. It was a lot. Had to make a new column. Because of how many were sent, I need 8 more to complete this last column.

I'm only accepting the first 8 to send me their emblems today.

I sent you mine last week, and I know you don't respond when you do get it, but I'm just making sure. LOL

deadduck

Aside from the change to Thorn, I most interested to see the change to Blink.

With bladedancers so prevalent, running a titan with 2 suppressor grenades is a great way of seeing them unable to op jump away from everything. The panic hop as their teleport doesn't work is a great sight.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've got in touch with some other people who I believe may know izunadono in real life since I see a link between him and the person Erika. I've been told that Microsoft can help in these situations. Don't hate me izunadono.

Gammacide

I've got a Gorgon cp I can share if anyone would like it before reset. Also, I have 2 hm Crota cps to get done before reset and the aforementioned VoG hm that I'd like to get done. I'll be on later tonight (10ish EST) and see who is down.

noomi

Man I'm pretty pumped for 2.0

Do you guys think we'll get out VIP goodies tomorrow as well? The shader, sparrow, emblem...etc?

I've got in touch with some other people who I believe may know izunadono in real life since I see a link between him and the person Erika. I've been told that Microsoft can help in these situations. Don't hate me izunadono.

You did the right thing man, good on ya. I just hope that someone is able to reach him.

Situations like this are always shitty...

E92 M3

I am 100% for Long Live the King for OT30. It is genuinely a good title.

Very sad to see the thread Izuna made, he's a great guy.

noomi

Deleted about 20 people from my friends list because it was getting out of control.

Most of you are there, but if I accidentally got rid of you, sorry :(

Gammacide

The thing I am looking forward to most in 2.0 is the Necrochasm buff. I can't wait to feel the exhilaration of multikills via the cursed thrall buff. :D

Kingbrave

Any Xbox One guys want to add me to there friends list that may want to play? I don't have a headset, I uh broke the one I had, and none of my friends play it. I'm only level 15 right now.

My gamertag is KingBrave1. Sorry if this isn't allowed here.

Impulsor

Why am I under the impression that the Hunter is getting the short end of the stick with this expansion?

Just saw a couple of videos where a Stormcaller wrecks in PVE and PVP and also a Titan with that awesome hammer,

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm talking with Microsoft now regarding Izuna. They want me to contact the local authorities but its not easy since I'm in Spain with no phone. They've noted it all down though.

ocean

Banned
Why am I under the impression that the Hunter is getting the short end of the stick with this expansion?

Just saw a couple of videos where a Stormcaller wrecks in PVE and PVP and also a Titan with that awesome hammer,
Sunbreaker doesn't look like it'll make Titans more PvP viable. More fun maybe, but in terms of competitiveness? The main issues with Titans haven't been addressed.

1. Grenade: no tag grenade like Arcbolt or Firebolt.
2. Melee: extremely low range, no buff to help you win a straight melee bout (Flame Shield, Life Steal, Throwing Knife's Range/burning, Blink Strike's Backstab)
3. Ability: there's no QuickDraw or Viking Funeral or similar ability which easily allows a reliable, constant offensive advantage throughout the encounter.

The new super is ranged and looks super cool, but in terms of PvP competitiveness your Super is a very small detail in the grand scheme of things. It's the tree where you make or break a class, and this is just a Striker by another name for practical PvP purposes.

The Warlock class looks super interesting. How viable it is vs. Sunsingers, which dominate PvP, will depend on how effective those abilities are. As in, how much melee a grenade kill can restore, how far your melee Lightning can chain between enemies etc. As it is, it looks super similar to Sunsinger but without Flame Shield and Touch of Flame / Viking Funeral, which are the abilities which ultimately define a Sunsinger's amazing effectiveness.

Legolas Hunters have the smoke bomb melee and dodge roll...gotta see how effective those are. Could be a whole new meta, could be a gimmicky flop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to test these. And I hope I'm wrong! I really am. But I doubt you'll see high level play move away from Bladedancers and Sunsingers, unless these have their abilities nerfed.

GlamFM

Banned
Any Xbox One guys want to add me to there friends list that may want to play? I don't have a headset, I uh broke the one I had, and none of my friends play it. I'm only level 15 right now.

My gamertag is KingBrave1. Sorry if this isn't allowed here.

It's absolutely allowed - this is what this thread is for ;)

Go to the OP, you'll find a signup list for Xbox players.

Welcome to DGAF.

GlamFM

Banned

Bladedancer is still there ;)

TOTP!

Destiny OT 30 - we played Destiny before it was cool

Top Bottom