• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Impulsor

Sunbreaker doesn't look like it'll make Titans more PvP viable. More fun maybe, but in terms of competitiveness? The main issues with Titans haven't been addressed.

1. Grenade: no tag grenade like Arcbolt or Firebolt.
2. Melee: extremely low range, no buff to help you win a straight melee bout (Flame Shield, Life Steal, Throwing Knife's Range/burning, Blink Strike's Backstab)
3. Ability: there's no QuickDraw or Viking Funeral or similar ability which easily allows a reliable, constant offensive advantage throughout the encounter.

The new super is ranged and looks super cool, but in terms of PvP competitiveness your Super is a very small detail in the grand scheme of things. It's the tree where you make or break a class, and this is just a Striker by another name for practical PvP purposes.

The Warlock class looks super interesting. How viable it is vs. Sunsingers, which dominate PvP, will depend on how effective those abilities are. As in, how much melee a grenade kill can restore, how far your melee Lightning can chain between enemies etc. As it is, it looks super similar to Sunsinger but without Flame Shield and Touch of Flame / Viking Funeral, which are the abilities which ultimately define a Sunsinger's amazing effectiveness.

Legolas Hunters have the smoke bomb melee and dodge roll...gotta see how effective those are. Could be a whole new meta, could be a gimmicky flop.

Don't get me wrong, I'm dying to test these. And I hope I'm wrong! I really am. But I doubt you'll see high level play move away from Bladedancers and Sunsingers, unless these have their abilities nerfed.

I suppose we'll see. I always have the boost to get another character up and running when the expansion launches.

Those are pretty valid points you make.

And VE3TRO, I'm in Spain too, can I do something to help out with that?

BokehKing

Banned
On my ps4 I have every exotic and legendary I could want, on Xbox 1 I have a level 21 female Titan in blue everything, not one legendary item...

First of all, fuck the crucible, no wonder people hate it when you can't fight fire with fire. If everyone is using Thorn, I'm use to just switching to Thorn or the last word. It makes the game unbearable... And as far as leveling up, thank God for the incoming changes because I don't think crucible will drop me any gear until I grind crucible rep. Well... Gear worth a damn, thanks for the white helmet.. I don't know, I guess being stripped of everything on Xbox one shows me how crappy this game could be for people just jumping in the last few months.

Thank God for this Tuesday a face lift.

There really needs to be a non exotic crucible mode

Sofa King

Why am I under the impression that the Hunter is getting the short end of the stick with this expansion?

Just saw a couple of videos where a Stormcaller wrecks in PVE and PVP and also a Titan with that awesome hammer,

It has a support class for a change. I think the tether mechanic will be very important at times like the bubble was.

Klyka

Banned
Artifacts and their different ways of generating a constant supply of orbs will greatly increase the use of supers,especially support supers, in PvE content.

I am really looking forward to it!

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
And VE3TRO, I'm in Spain too, can I do something to help out with that?

I need someone to contact the police in London specifically Chelsea since I believe that is where izunadono lives. Microsoft have talked with me and I've had my chat with them logged down so I think if the police contact them for the associated address tied to his gamertag that they can use it and the same if the Erika gamertag is izunadono girlfriend that could contact her. Microsoft has also contacted their enforcement team but I'm not sure what they can do.

Klyka

Banned
Why am I under the impression that the Hunter is getting the short end of the stick with this expansion?

Just saw a couple of videos where a Stormcaller wrecks in PVE and PVP and also a Titan with that awesome hammer,

It's because you are seeing the Warlock and Titan both gain PvP favorable classes while the Hunter,who already has crazy fuck good classes for PvP now gains a PvE favorable one.
He is not getting the short end of the stick, it's that Titans and Warlocks get a stick too.

Impulsor

It has a support class for a change. I think the tether mechanic will be very important at times like the bubble was.

That is also true. I just always found Gunslinger to be the least cool of the ultras, and now the nightsalker is basicly a void gunslinger that can shoot up to three arrows, in this case focused on support though.

Mandelbo

I'm at Light Level 30 now, as well as Crucible Rank 2, so I think I'm probably ready to give VoG a go. Given my level, is it still worth doing? Presumably there are unique weapons you can get from it, but will they be any good come the patch?

vctor182

Ohh yes, joined an LFG guy trying to do trials and went flawless with two characters, we were absolutely dominating everyone!
I got another arc hand cannon, an arc auto rifle and the 4th horseman (which turned into an exotic shard because I already have it). Our 3rd man had to leave so we got another guy, he was good but we got matched against all sniper teams and on our 8th match we lost. Still I got what I wanted, the shader! Aaurus Passage i believe which is damn nice since Trials is gonna take some time off.

Tovarisc

Artifacts and their different ways of generating a constant supply of orbs will greatly increase the use of supers,especially support supers, in PvE content.

I am really looking forward to it!

I kinda hoped that artifacts would have been something more than Int/Dis/Str + Orb generation. Sure we most likely get to see more support supers now that orbs are more available, but when I hear artifact it makes me think something powerful and cool that is game changer.

Klyka

Banned
I'm at Light Level 30 now, as well as Crucible Rank 2, so I think I'm probably ready to give VoG a go. Given my level, is it still worth doing? Presumably there are unique weapons you can get from it, but will they be any good come the patch?

If you have never doine VoG before, do VoG.
It is FUN CONTENT no matter the reward.

Klyka

Banned
I kinda hoped that artifacts would have been something more than Int/Dis/Str + Orb generation. Sure we most likely get to see more support supers now that orbs are more available, but when I hear artifact it makes me think something powerful and cool that is game changer.

I honestly believe that artifacts are game changers.
They completely,by themselves, change how we generate orbs in the game, something that 99% of the time was only done by someone else using their super.

pixxxelz

Is there any way to get queens wrath rep besides bounties? I want to buy those shaders in case they disappear tomorrow but I still need 775 points to reach rank 3 and I already did all the bounties this week, ugh.

BokehKing

Banned
Hunters finally have something that will make them useful in raids besides being Crota sword bearers and running through the darkness invisible

Stop being broken, you have a higher K/D than I have ffs :p
Besides, I was hiding while you got rekt out there. Poor Navvaro though, his radar was constantly blocked because of scoldboy spamming messages and party invites.
K/D means jack, we've made 2+K/D people drop donuts. I just wish I was better than I am, there are always ways to improve.

You missed last night when Gong fist of panic'd the inside heavy and killed one then died, only for the other two to try and get heavy whilst the aftermath was still there and both die. I hope he saved it, one of the biggest derp moments from an enemy team I've seen.

Klyka

Banned
Is there any way to get queens wrath rep besides bounties? I want to buy those shaders in case they disappear tomorrow but I still need 775 to reach rank 3 and I already did all the bounties this week, ugh.

No way I know off, but tomorrow they'll add quests that should give you rep with them.
If not tomorrow, then on the 15th

Tovarisc

They completely,by themselves, change how we generate orbs in the game, something that 99% of the time was only done by someone else using their super.

destiny_the_taken_king_hunter_artifact.jpg

To me that sounds / looks like raid gear orb perk moved into artifact item which is little lame, imo. Hopefully epic, maybe even exotic, artifacts provide something tad cooler.

vctor182

That is also true. I just always found Gunslinger to be the least cool of the ultras, and now the nightsalker is basicly a void gunslinger that can shoot up to three arrows, in this case focused on support though.

What are you talking about? Golden Gun is the best super, 3 1-shot kill from afar. Striker titan can't don nothing about it, you don't risk going against a sunsinger and you burst bubbles and bladedancers explode in tiny parts before getting close to you. Equip symbiote and you get a 4th shot!

Klyka

Banned
destiny_the_taken_king_hunter_artifact.jpg

To me that sounds / looks like raid gear orb perk moved into artifact item which is little lame, imo. Hopefully epic, maybe even exotic, artifacts provide something tad cooler.

We've seen other perks like "precision kills generate an orb" though.
We'll see how it will work out in the end, I have faith.

Wondering if I will need the Queens Cipher for this Lord of Wolves bounty, or if it will autocomplete without it. I'm not sure if this is one of the exotic bounty steps or an extra step needed to start the bounty.

ocean

Banned
Okay, no more emblems.
I was selfishly hoping you'd still be doing this when I got back home so I could stealth swap my Emblem for new, improved, high Grimoire Ocean.

But I non-selfishly congratulate you for pouring your crazy into such a cool community project :) can't wait to see the result!

Kingbrave

I uh, have went and added a shit tone of people from the Xbox list. So if you get a request from KingBrave1 that's me. Sorry, and howdy!

Impulsor

What are you talking about? Golden Gun is the best super, 3 1-shot kill from afar. Striker titan can't don nothing about it, you don't risk going against a sunsinger and you burst bubbles and bladedancers explode in tiny parts before getting close to you. Equip symbiote and you get a 4th shot!

I didn't say it was bad, I said I find it to be the least cool. I usually main Blade Dancer because of this. And I just find Nightstalker's super to be quite similar in execution.

X-Frame

After going months without a single exotic bounty (not that I needed them as I have them all), I get 3 of them in the last weekend. Free shards!

phen0m24

Thank you.

Another question to DestinyGAF. Where's the best place that's not NeoGAF or bungie.net to recruit people for a clan?

I think the best thing to do here is not to "recruit" so much. We aren't serious clan people. If you look around many are in one for fun purposes, some have been in multiple, and most of the GAF clans are allied with each other.

If you play with people here often you could invite them, but just to come in and say "Hey join my squad" they are likely to already be in one.

But to answer your question you can always join Kinda Funny's or IGN Fireteam Chat groups on Facebook - those groups are crazy active as well.

Is there any way to get queens wrath rep besides bounties? I want to buy those shaders in case they disappear tomorrow but I still need 775 points to reach rank 3 and I already did all the bounties this week, ugh.
Do patrols, kill prowling wolf fallen, and open the ether chests. You get a bit of queens wrath faction for each chest. You'll have to do a lot of grinding for 775 that way though.

pixxxelz

they won't remove them. you can go into your shader collection tomorrow and hover over them and it'll tell you exactly how you can get them :)
Ah I see, thanks.

Do patrols, kill prowling wolf fallen, and open the ether chests. You get a bit of queens wrath faction for each chest. You'll have to do a lot of grinding for 775 that way though.
How much rep you get from those? gonna do a few of them and see, I hate grinding though..

I'm so happy I'll get a "free" dreggs promise. THANK THE LORD.

I have 6 exotic bounties lol
> 2 thorns
> 1 invective
> 1 pocket infinity
> 1 bad juju
> 1 elder cypher (queen breaker's bow)
I'm pretty exited for tomorrow.

Skele7on

Banned
Ah I see, thanks.

I have 6 exotic bounties lol
> 2 thorns
> 1 invective
> 1 pocket infinity
> 1 bad juju
> 1 elder cypher (queen breaker's bow)
I'm pretty exited for tomorrow.

Ah I also need pocket infinity damn I need to grind for exotic bounties today....

Hopefully they sort out them dropping and not continue to give me bad juju invective and thorn.

they won't remove them. you can go into your shader collection tomorrow and hover over them and it'll tell you exactly how you can get them :)
I'm concerned that like many other old weapons and armor, I'll hover over something I don't have, and it will say "no longer available."

For instance, I'm assuming my shader kiosk is going to taunt me with the blacksmith and nepal shaders.

How much rep you get from those? gonna do a few of them and see, I hate grinding though.
Not much, something on the order of a patrol mission completion I think. Not enough for me to really pay attention.

Anastasis

I think you're right. If you've ever farmed Gatekeeper's CP for glimmer you know how great it feels chaining orbs and supers. I think Bungie are trying to get us to do more than just focus on guns and work on a more balanced flow of combat with supers more part of the mix.

Samaritan

A little more than a week out and I'm waiting to the last minute to finish my Moments of Triumph. I haven't run either raid and also need to finish the Prison of Elders on Hard. If anyone is getting a group together for this on PS4, please send me an invite! I'm a level 33 Warlock.

PSN: Progn0sticator

Namikaze1

Made two files: the original huge ass picture and a banner sized one. I'll reveal the collage on Wednesday. Perhaps tomorrow since the first OT went up before the game's release.

pixxxelz

Ah I also need pocket infinity damn I need to grind for exotic bounties today....

Hopefully they sort out them dropping and not continue to give me bad juju invective and thorn.

Yeah bad juju and thorn is I all i get too, I'm still missing super good advice :/

ocean

Banned
Made two files: the original huge ass picture and a banner sized one. I'll reveal the collage on Wednesday. Perhaps tomorrow since the first OT went up before the game's release.
I've always had a hunch that Destiny was at least in part responsible for the decision to post OTs the day before, and not the week before a game's launch.

I remember by the time I woke up on launch day we were already at OT2, which was just insane. I'm not even sure the game was live when OT2 went up, just sitting there preloaded :p

Namikaze1

I've always had a hunch that Destiny was at least in part responsible for the decision to post OTs the day before, and not the week before a game's launch.

I remember by the time I woke up on launch day we were already at OT2, which was just insane.
It was the first time I've seen an OT hit its second OT before the game was out. I don't blame the mods and admins for setting up that new OT rule.

Raybunny

30 more mins and all those 5k bounties on my hunter will have to be finished.

After that? Nuu idea. If someone wants some skirmish, salvage, swordbearer, vog, let me know.

this_is_why_we_can_t_have_nice_things_by_dulcamarra-d8lu2er.jpg

Top Bottom