• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

rNilla

|OT♦30| Long Live The King

I approve this title, Nami!
Almost there : )
How is the Hypenaught going?! Am I in?

People still care about the Hypenaught? ;P

You're in here somewhere.

hypenaught.png

All of these new bounties so far have been miles ahead of what we had before.

And honestly, those "have fireteam of 2 or more" PvP bounties have been awesome in the way that they actually allowed me to get my friend who never plays PvP to do them with me cause they all are just "win a match" "play 3 matches" "get 25 kills between all fireteam people" so they kinda solve themselves in a way and my friend was never under any pressure to "be good at PvP".

It was great!

I really like them overall as well. They are all chill and you can get them all playing the modes and ways you like to play. Nothing worse than those Play 5 Rumble matches and get 15 sniper headshot bounties. I hated those, but you had to do them for the XP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Light is in the hundreds now so why not?
Well, I mean, when we started it was Level, i.e. we began using it after OT20, which was pretty cool. Level doesn't use the symbol anymore... It's so shiny though. why not.

Okay, it's time. Gerready

Klyka

Banned
So.. can we keep the armsday weapons? They are as strong as legendaries.

Those aren't actually the armsday weapons. They are prototypes.
And they are just 150 light.

If you get to Rank 1 you can order yourself a legendary weapon from the Gunsmith on Tuesday and it will arrive for you to pick up on Wednesday :)

rNilla

Well, I mean, when we started it was Level, i.e. we began using it after OT20, which was pretty cool. Level doesn't use the symbol anymore... It's so shiny though. why not.

Okay, it's time. Gerready

I know. I think we are overthinking the diamond too much. It's fun, keep it!

Hedge

If you get to Rank 1 you can order yourself a legendary weapon from the Gunsmith on Tuesday and it will arrive for you to pick up on Wednesday :)

Ooh, so that's how it works. I see. Thanks!

Shito

So, there seems to be some weird shit going on with the reputation gain at the moment?
I'm finishing bounties that are said to give 65 vanguard rep, yet I'm credited ~40 rep towards New Monarchy.
Is there some kind of % thing going on when you pledge to a faction?
NF buff that is supposed to not be there anymore but is still here for this week buggued?
Am too tired and misread some values and I should go to bed?

Probably that last one...

Also, didn't know you could get those new armor materials yet. They popped out in my inventory without me noticing from where they came. ^^

shermas

Nice. The weapons aren't class specific, I'm guessing. I'll probably just grind the Gunsmith rep on one guy to save time.

Smart way for them to FORCE you to try FR and Snipers in the Crucible (if you're a dirty shotgun user, like myself).

So, there seems to be some weird shit going on with the reputation gain at the moment?
I'm finishing bounties that are said to give 65 vanguard rep, yet I'm credited ~40 rep towards New Monarchy.
Is there some kind of % thing going on when you pledge to a faction?
NF buff that is supposed to not be there anymore but is still here for this week buggued?
Am too tired and misread some values and I should go to bed?

Probably that last one...

Also, didn't know you could get those new armor materials yet. They popped out in my inventory without me noticing from where they came. ^^

Nah it is a bit weird vanguard gets more rep than factions with bounties. The exotic class item for each faction boosts their rep gain though so that's probably gonna be the way to go.

Tjamato88

Can I earn rep to get to Rank 1 in PVP?

Shito

Nah it is a bit weird vanguard gets more rep than factions with bounties. The exotic class item for each faction boosts their rep gain though so that's probably gonna be the way to go.
Oh.
Ok, so same thing as the burn percentages: they nerf it so that the new items giving buffs bring it back to fairness.
Yeah, well, not a fan of this design philosophy...

• Go talk with your classes vanguard dude, twice. Gives you nice class item (stats) to use
  • Go talk with your classes vanguard dude and get quest(s) for subclass branded, level 40, class items
  • Go get new shiny ghost shell from Speaker
  • If faction at 25 or above you can get quest from them
  • Play with gunmaster weapons for rep
  • PvP

Warlock can get 170, other tad below

Thanks man. I appreciate it very much. I hope you know that.

Oh.
Ok, so same thing as the burn percentages: they nerf it so that the new items giving buffs bring it back to fairness.

It is only early days so I'm not too worried about it atm. Just have to wait and see how it works out.

Klyka

Banned
Can I earn rep to get to Rank 1 in PVP?

The only way to earn rep with the gunsmith is finishing the prototype tests.
So if you accept the ones that are crucible specific, then yes, you can.

Honestly, with how quick the damn bounties, especially in PvE, were, I expect them to be daily instead of weekly.

It just doesn't make sense to have a "get like 10 headshots" prototype test which took all of 2 minutes to be a weekly bounty.
A weekly bounty is something you work on bit by bit to keep you busy.
These are like little "oh try this today!" things that give you rep so you can get the actual guns once a week.

At last that is what I think.

Oh.

Again think about it:

Beforehand you could only get either Vanguard/Crucible OR Faction rep.
Now you get both, with faction being half of what you get for vanguard/crucible.
But with a buffed item, you then actually get more, meaning that at the end of the day you level 2 factions as or nearly as fast as you did one before!

PERSPECTIVE PEOPLE

Hedge

Did Bungie mention if Xur would carry the Year 2 versions of earlier exotics, or exclusively new year 2. I know he sells old engrams, but I'm more wondering about the updated old exotics that are brought forward.

Top Bottom