• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 3 TGS trailer!

XS+

Banned
That was one HELL of a trailer! Can't wait.

EDIT: Looked/sounded a lot better in person. Especially sound, the bass volume was turned up to 100 or something..

ElyrionX

HOLY SHIT!!!! TRAILER OF THE YEAR!!! I want direct feed NOW!!!

BTW, anybody know the artist and title of the song they used in that trailer? Its the same song as that featured in the E3 trailer right?

This game is going to rock my world......

Saurian

Elios83 - thanks so much for finding this! I stood there for 1/2 hour watching this at the show and was transfixed. One request tho - can you possibly try and find the Killer 7 trailer they showed there? I tried to film it but got stopped by staff - got a copy of it in the end but deleted like a fool cos I was told it was included in the press DVD (like hell it is....), that trailer is absolutely amazing aswell! TRULY stunning!

Saurian

The problem with looking at games online is that 99% of the time the player lacks the skill to show what the system is all about, if you want to see how DMC3 plays - watch this!

***Removed - this stuff is wasted on you people ***

Seriously!

Dante's voice is wicked still - he's a lot younger so obviously he's gonna sound different, his poses change depending on your current combo rank. His "Let's start the Party!" pose on SSSpecial rank is pure gold.

Kweh

I loved the original game and DMC3 really gets me interested from what i've seen, but i've never played DMC2 purely cos it wasn't worth the time iirc.

Should I play DMC2 first, purely for storyline continuation, or can i skip it entirely?

Elios83

Saurian said:
Elios83 - thanks so much for finding this! I stood there for 1/2 hour watching this at the show and was transfixed. One request tho - can you possibly try and find the Killer 7 trailer they showed there? I tried to film it but got stopped by staff - got a copy of it in the end but deleted like a fool cos I was told it was included in the press DVD (like hell it is....), that trailer is absolutely amazing aswell! TRULY stunning!

Sorry Saurian but I can't :( I found this link on a forum,a user persuaded his msn friend to upload the DMC3 movie he took during the TGS with is cam.
And I just posted that link here ;)

ElyrionX

Saurian said:
The problem with looking at games online is that 99% of the time the player lacks the skill to show what the system is all about, if you want to see how DMC3 plays - watch this!

***How the game should be played ***

Seriously!

Dante's voice is wicked still - he's a lot younger so obviously he's gonna sound different, his poses change depending on your current combo rank. His "Let's start the Party!" pose on SSSpecial rank is pure gold.

I don't know. It looked awfully repetitive in that trailer and some moves seemed pretty useless. Like the sliding on a creature's back across the floor seemed like all flash and no substance (much like running off the wall in DMC2). Also, Dante did not get hit a single time during the whole demo. I'm seeing some shades of DMC2 here and it worries the hell out of me.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Wow! We need a direct feed of that NOW! Awesome action and a remix of the E3 music, plus we get to see more of the other character "Lady". Jan/Feb 2005 can't get here soon enough.

Elios83

ElyrionX said:
I don't know. It looked awfully repetitive in that trailer and some moves seemed pretty useless. Like the sliding on a creature's back across the floor seemed like all flash and no substance (much like running off the wall in DMC2). Also, Dante did not get hit a single time during the whole demo. I'm seeing some shades of DMC2 here and it worries the hell out of me.

Consider that we're talking about the first stage of the game,with a person who has confidence with the controls and we don't know the difficulty setting he was playing with.

element

im really impressed with the in-game cinematic modeling. from the video i think it was better then MGS3. Very nice face and hair, lip sync wasn't that bad either.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
The clown saying: "Or you could expect a spanking from daddy!" and then bursting into his "SPANK IT" song was hilarious!

The video was pretty cool, I am really digging the new moves.

Saurian

ElyrionX said:

The reason Dante did not take a single hit is due to the player's skill - he's in tune with the audio cues and enemy animations before they attack and he counters with a dodge at the right moments. It is possible to learn these game systems and make them yours you know - That's what these games are all about, being in tune with the system and dishing out the action putting a lot of your own style and personality into it.

How can you class moves like being able to slide on enemies while firing to continue you combo as pointless? That video was of the very first room in the demo version and we're showing that fresh out of the plastic Dante in DMC3 has more setups and more options than fully loaded DMC1 Dante and you go on about it being repetitive?

The combo system in DMC3 requires the player to not repeat techs too often or the rank does not increase - it takes a lot of skill to keep the combo going and the rank onscreen between batches of enemies.

Why am I even bothering, stuff like this is wasted on gamers these days - you want a ride and nothing else, as soon as a game requires a bit of flair from you yourself you start crying.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Saurian said:
The reason Dante did not take a single hit is due to the player's skill - he's in tune with the audio cues and enemy animations before they attack and he counters with a dodge at the right moments. It is possible to learn these game systems and make them yours you know - That's what these games are all about, being in tune with the system and dishing out the action putting a lot of your own style and personality into it.

How can you class moves like being able to slide on enemies while firing to continue you combo as pointless? That video was of the very first room in the demo version and we're showing that fresh out of the plastic Dante in DMC3 has more setups and more options than fully loaded DMC1 Dante and you go on about it being repetitive?

The combo system in DMC3 requires the player to not repeat techs too often or the rank does not increase - it takes a lot of skill to keep the combo going and the rank onscreen between batches of enemies.

Why am I even bothering, stuff like this is wasted on gamers these days - you want a ride and nothing else, as soon as a game requires a bit of flair from you yourself you start crying.

The way you hyped the video made me think it would be played by someone really skilled. Sure he got nice combos at times, but his combo meter actually went down too, and he missed the enemy with some attacks. If this is the playable demo released earlier, it's not exactly hard to make it through the first room in the game without being hit either. But yeah, it's probably a better vid than your typical gaming site movie when it comes to showing off moves, that I could agree with. On the other hand, watching a fight in the same small room for 3+ minutes got rather boring.

ElyrionX

Saurian said:

Woah, calm the fuck down, boy. I'm not trying to murder your entire family tree here, you know?

You honestly believe that sliding on a goddamn enemy to continue a combo is useful? When the actual game releases, let me know how many times you actually pull that off in the game itself........

And no, I love it when a game "requires...flair" but its pointless when you're pulling off cool moves that are not that useful or practical at all. Devil May Cry 2 was filled with waaay too much of such bullshit.....

Mr Mike

1 million Canadian dollars
Saurian said:

How astoundingly patronising! Not everyone wants this kind of game - and, conversely, don't arrognantly assume they don't just because you're all about the sick skills. The definition of entertainment usually differs from person to person, you know.

Edit: And you've arrogantly removed the link from your original post? Hysterical.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Press L2 to switch guns on the fly... and R2 to switch melee weapons on the fly as well without having to go to your inventory.

Vashu

Defensor said:
Press L2 to switch guns on the fly... and R2 to switch melee weapons on the fly as well without having to go to your inventory.

W00t! That is just awesome, a lot better than the slow and clunky system they used in the first two iterations... +1 For DMC3 then I guess... I really hope they are going to come with a playable demo anytime soon in Europe, cause this just friggin rocks. I loved the TGS movie, hopefully the Direct Feed will be available in the next two weeks, cause I can't get enough action!

Too bad the release here is so far away, we're talkin about March 2005 here! :(

Top Bottom