• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 |OT| of daring to defy your savior

I like how you only list the PS3 version as having an official boxart and then proceed to say that the PS3 version is the one to get due to controller. Your Sony nut licking has no bounds. Sony stealth PR at it's finest :lol

f@luS

More than a member.
Rottweiler said:
I like how you only list the PS3 version as having an official boxart and then proceed to say that the PS3 version is the one to get due to controller. Your Sony nut licking has no bounds. Sony stealth PR at it's finest :lol
Cry a river, please. You sound much more fanboy than him.

PJX

vantastic said:
omg, cry me a river :lol
i'm sure you'll be getting the ps3 version then right? :lol

Truth must hurt doesn't it kid? Actually I'm getting both version but the PS3 version is for my nephew to play since he is borrowing my PS3 and wants to play this game. As for me I rather play the 360 version because the pad felt more comfortable when I was playing it. Also since every DMC (IMO) with the exception of DMC1 had a horrible soundtrack, so since the 360 offer custom soundtrack, that would be the version for me. After listening to DMC4 soundtrack, it to is horrible.

Dahbomb

Rottweiler said:
I edited out the part where I give the PS3 recommendation and I didn't feel the need to post ANOTHER box art image when it's the exact same as the PS3 version. I posted the XBox360 console box because it had a different cover and it was actually worth posting.

f@luS said:
Cry a river, please. You sound much more fanboy than him.

Awwww did I hurt your feelings? :lol

It's a multiplatform game. He is treating it as if only the PS3 version exist. Ejiot

Seems like my comments have upset the Sony fanboys :(

Grayman

Very nice first post. Now is this going to have demo and full game impressions or is that a new thread?
justjohn said:
hey op can you include the 360 boxart to shut these whiny babies up?
the first post is already big enough. ...Give up... terrorists win... etc...

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Demos aren't out yet guys. Reserve your trollings for when the comparison screens start to show up.

Dahbomb

Grayman said:
Very nice first post. Now is this going to have demo and full game impressions or is that a new thread?
It's everything DMC4 related. Yes it will be having demo impressions as well.

justjohn said:
hey op can you include the 360 boxart to shut these whiny babies up?
Fine.

dralla

it looks like you have an extra space between "noticable facts" and when the text starts. looks like you hit enter a few too many times

yea...

dmc4 woo!

Defuser

Rottweiler said:
Hey it didn't upset me. I'm just making an observation my friend. Nothing wrong with that. :D
Whining, bitching and calling out Sony fanboys is Observation? OP already stated it's for 360 and showed pics for it yet you decided to bitch about something not worthy.

Dahbomb

Posted the 360 box art. Couldn't fine one of the exact same size of the PS3 version though...

*OP confirmed Sony fanboy because he put the PS3 box art first and made it bigger*

Nemesis_

I'd like to clarify, after seeing Dahbomb's avatar, that Vergil
WILL NOT return,
though the
Yamato
does - and it actually is useable too.

I've received this information from various sources of whom are definitely reliable, among other story related spoilers which I believe I am not allowed to disclose (though some of them will be really strange / unexpected)

Nemesis556 said:
WILL NOT return,
though the
Yamato

I've received this information from various sources of whom are definitely reliable, among other story related spoilers which I believe I am not allowed to disclose (though some of them will be really strange / unexpected)

Well, then -- Vergil will fuckin return in DMC5 :D

Captain N

I've beaten every Devil May Cry game up to this point..so no point in passing up on this one. It looks really pretty and it has me all kinds of excited for tomorrow.

Just a note... we've already heard from a few sources that there are load times on both versions, but obviously when you install on the PS3 you get faster load times than the 360 version.

mileS

We finally get a game that is pretty much identical on both consoles and people are still creating a shitstorm over which is the better version to get...

Great thread besides that. Don't know about anyone else but this is going to be my first DMC game. Can't wait because all i've been playing lately are FPS's, so having a quality action game like this out soon is exciting.

Aurelius

Nice that they release a demo so soon. I’m currently undecided if I should buy this game. I love Ninja Gaiden, but never really got into the first Devil May Cry. I always felt that when I died in NG, it was my fault. But in DMC it was because of the controls/camera.

Dahbomb

Nemesis556 said:
WILL NOT return,
though the
Yamato

The apparition behind Nero during his Devil Trigger is in fact Vergil. This was confirmed a while back and he does speak inside Nero's head from time to time, sort of like the Dark Prince in POP3. When Nero uses Yamato, both Nero and Vergil become more synchronized in attacks. Also Dante has the Yamato as well but he uses it in a different style than Vergil's.

Don't worry, I am always ahead in the DMC news. And yes, Vergil DOES FUCKING RETURN!

And I already know the spoilers as well, and yes they are indeed QUITE NUT CRUSHING in the spoilers sense. Almost on the level of "Luke I am your father!".

Some new DMC4 videos:

Pandorra's Box and Lucifer being used

First Cutscene of the game (not the prologue)

That first cutscene establishes Dante's badassery in DMC4.

Nemesis_

Dahbomb said:
The apparition behind Nero during his Devil Trigger is in fact Vergil. This was confirmed a while back and he does speak inside Nero's head from time to time, sort of like the Dark Prince in POP3. When Nero uses Yamato, both Nero and Vergil become more synchronized in attacks. Also Dante has the Yamato as well but he uses it in a different style than Vergil's.

Don't worry, I am always ahead in the DMC news. And yes, Vergil DOES FUCKING RETURN!

And I already know the spoilers as well, and yes they are indeed QUITE NUT CRUSHING in the spoilers sense. Almost on the level of "Luke I am your father!".

Some new DMC4 videos:

Pandorra's Box and Lucifer being used

First Cutscene of the game (not the prologue)

That first cutscene establishes Dante's badassery in DMC4.
My information came from a non DMC fan, so it make sense that he
didn't realise that the DT was Vergil =P

A few more spoilers I've been made alert of - please correct me Dahbomb if I am incorrect =P

1.) The Yamato will be a weapon that Nero can wield in this game. He does not receive it permanently though.
2.) Gloria is actually Trish. Her reasons for this I am unable to dig up yet, but once I get more information I will report on this matter.
3.) She is revealed before you take control of Dante
4.) You will take control of Dante just before you battle the giant Statue.
5.) Lady's role in the game will be minor and is merely fan service, according to several sources.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
PJX said:
Sony lap dog aren't you? No load times 1 second difference after a 25 minute mandatory install? :lol Controls are preference not a fact get it straight. If you own BOTH consoles, it doesn't matter which version you get, it all comes down to what control you prefer. Saying the PS3 version is the definitive version because of controls is very much laughable. It goes to show that you lack the intelligence to decipher between opinion and facts.

wow. here they come. thread ruined in t-minus...

Nemesis_

Dahbomb, I've also heard that
Dante dies
but this can't be right, since DMC2 takes place after all the games, doesn't it? If so, how is that possible? Or is Capcom pretending DMC2 doesn't exist (like most intelligent people would =P).

Lince

Banned
5718620080122_155714_0_big.jpg

single-disc collector's edition for PAL market then ?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Not digging the format of the OP so much, and there would have been no bickering had the OP just been universal info instead of personal preferences all over it - the demos are coming tomorrow, let people decide based on that, especially when you or practically no one else here has played it...

With that said, I'm waiting on the demo as well, despite not liking DMC that much - I'm willing to see how this one is compared to the first three, and if the demo sells me on the game, I can get it for cheap on Play...

...which brings to the attention that it looks like the listing for the DMC4 360 LE has changed - now there's no price for it, and the regular version is at the 46.95 euro price, when I remember the thread from way back when the 360 LE was at that price... if only the demo had come out in December '07 like they said before...

Dahbomb

1.) The Yamato will be a weapon that Nero can wield in this game. He does not receive it permanently though.
2.) Gloria is actually Trish. Her reasons for this I am unable to dig up yet, but once I get more information I will report on this matter.
3.) She is revealed before you take control of Dante
4.) You will take control of Dante just before you battle the giant Statue.
5.) Lady's role in the game will be minor and is merely fan service, according to several sources.

MASSIVE SPOILERS

1) It's 100% true. Dante has it as well but has different moves for it.

2) I have heard that there is a SURPRISE related to Gloria in DMC4 but I assumed that it was just that she was a demon like Agnus and Credo. Oh and Agnus = One Eyed Dark Knight and Credo = One Winged Dark Knight. Someone said that Gloria might be One Handed Dark Knight but that hasn't been confirmed. But Gloria being Trish is well... very surprising to me.

3) Probably right.

4) Yes that's pretty much true. Not much Lady action in DMC4, she is just in it just to please the fans and has very little story relevance.

Other INSANELY HUGE SPOILERS I have heard. Note that most of these are NOT CONFIRMED!

*Dante gains Vergil's Summoned Swords/Geneiken as one of his Firearms. Him acquiring Yamato has been confirmed and he has different moves for it.

*There is a spear weapon obtained in the game called Nyx (only for Dante). The source stated that you get it for beating a boss named Medusa. Both of these rumors were floating around long ago after some images were leaked but some people seem to think Medusa is merely an attachment of Bael. You are confirmed to get Pandora from Bael.

*Dante gains the Sparda sword in some form or manner in DMC4. It's the final devil arm.

*There are SUPED UP versions of numerous enemies in the game. The Assaults get infected by Echidna seeds and become more plant-like. Same for the Scarecrows which grow into massive marionettes. Both of these are actually confirmed and seen in video format but we don't know of any other enemies that are affected like this.

*There are full Devil Trigger exclusive moves for Dante. One of them is an Inferno caliber move (in the air forward + /\) for Gilgamesh while the other is a Super Drive for Rebellion. These moves have to be purchased. Some regular moves are enhanced like Kick13 combo.

*Nero..... is the half/step brother of Dante and Vergil. The parents of Nero are unknown but the general idea is that Nero is some bastard child of Sparda with some human woman. This explains why A) Nero looks like Dante and Vergil and B) how he is able to acquire demonic powers. This is a spoiler of massive nutcrushing proportions and again this isn't exactly confirmed but it hasn't been debunked yet either.

*In the middle climax of the game is Nero being consumed by the power of Vergil. It leads into a massive cliffhanger into Dante's campaign which leads up to the final confrontation with Vergil (or a possessed Nero). This is the final climax of the game.

123rl

I read all of them because story spoilers aren't too important for me...it's all about the gameplay and boss fights :D Some of that sounds damn awesome though

Nemesis_

Very interesting. I've heard the
Trish = Gloria
thing from several people, though I must wonder why.

As for Agnus and Credo -
what's this dark knight business? Is it relevant to previous games (IE. I've clearly missed something) or is it something contained solely within Devil May Cry 4.

Oh yeah, and about Gloria,
supposedly she has a magic "cloak" or something that enables her to switch between Trish and herself >_>

I know my descriptions makes it sound like bullshit but, for now, I am pretty sure both my sources are accurate.

Dahbomb

Nemesis556 said:
Very interesting. I've heard the
Trish = Gloria
thing from several people, though I must wonder why.

As for Agnus and Credo -
what's this dark knight business? Is it relevant to previous games (IE. I've clearly missed something) or is it something contained solely within Devil May Cry 4.

Oh yeah, and about Gloria,
supposedly she has a magic "cloak" or something that enables her to switch between Trish and herself >_>

I know my descriptions makes it sound like bullshit but, for now, I am pretty sure both my sources are accurate.
One Winged Dark Knight

One Eyed Dark Knight

These are bosses in DMC4 that are officially confirmed on the Capcom site. The names are just names, nothing really related with the series at least I don't think. I mean I know that Sparda was deemed "Legendary Dark Knight". I think it's just a title given to humanoid-like higher leveled demons in DMC.

Dahbomb

Hitler Stole My Potato said:
Oh I will. And I will create the most beautiful banner ever seen.
Speaking of banners... I was planning on having a banner for this thread as well. Anyone want to volunteer? :D

Nemesis_

I've started one......it's not gonna be amazing but it'll be pretty awesome otherwise....

Should I continue making it? =p

Top Bottom