• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition |OT| Two girls, one motivated Vergil

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
You need to have at least 5 versions of DMC4 by tomorrow: original console, original PC, one copy of each DMC4:SE version, 6 if you buy the Pizza Box edition, 7 for every version, 9 if you also buy the physical version of DMC4:SE

You forgot about the collectors editions of the original console versions!

luka

Loves Robotech S1
so wait, if you retry a mission you get your proud souls back but keep the abilities you bought? is this a mistake?

Son Of D

So the PS4 version will be my third purchase of DMC4 after DMC4 Collector's Edition on PS3 and my Steam version of DMC4. I won't be surprised if I buy SE on PC soon.

Also have 3 copies of DMC3 via original PS2 release, SE release on PS2 and the HD collection on PS3. I'd likely buy the HD Trilogy on PC if they released it there as well.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
No, that's how it worked in vanilla, if you retry you get the proud souls you would have gotten up to that point

oh, heh. i never actually retried in vanilla so i had no idea. i forgot that snatch was an ability that you get midway through the second chapter and restarted thinking i had to buy it now. :p

also, i fucking love that speed is instant activation now. improvement total.

BadWolf

Just watched some competent Lady Bloody Palace footage and man, looks like she will be able to breeze through it.

Her damage output seems to be really good.

Excited for this to launch at midnight.

I can already tell whats going to happen

VW9LeaB.jpg

giveup.gif-1.gif

But then

7387277.gif

4167289-0631058715-Alone.gif

I'm hyped

V_Arnold

Whoever decided to still keep that FREAKING palace trap from missin 3 for vergil's blade teleport was CRAZY.

INSANE.

CRAZY.

An hour wasted and I cant get through.

Yeah, TRAVERSAL is fun in this one :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Best Seller is based on revenue made. Not an accurate chart. Neither is Steamspy since this title is new. You'd have to wait at least a month or three for accurate "scraping" numbers from Steamspy unless that's been changed since the last time I checked Steamspy.

Mechazawa

Got my game preloaded, although the 9AM unlock ain't hot.

Legit scared of 120fps vergil. Don't know if I can handle that all that SPEED.

Best Seller is based on revenue made. Not an accurate chart. Neither is Steamspy since this title is new. You'd have to wait at least a month or three for accurate "scraping" numbers from Steamspy unless that's been changed since the last time I checked Steamspy.

Dmc4se is 25 dollars. So its all fair at the end. Citing something like batman which is like 60 bucks plus an 8000 dollar season pass is another thing.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
This has probably been asked before, but does using Vergil or the girls, first give out the trophies for the difficulty levels completion?

V_Arnold

Okay, bye, Vergil.

Goodbye.

Time to use trish or lady and unlock bloody palace with them. I am NOT doing this palace mission ever again if I can help it.

MY COPY JUST ARRIVED!! :DD Now I have a dilemma because Batman comes out tomorrow and I want to play both games super bad, hahaha.

When you get bored of Batman's lame Simon says combat, switch to DMC4. And when you get bored of DMC4's dice rolling puzzles, switch back to Batman

I have both games preordered but I'll likely play at least through Lady and at Trish and then switch to Batman for a bit time permitting.

Got the Asia edition ordered from Play-Asia should get here by Thursday as I needed a physical edition. I will also probably get the PC release soon because I have problems buying games multiple times.

So far I have the PS3/X360 SE versions, the regular edition on PS3, and the original PC release. Why not keep going? :p Should have ordered the pizza box edition when I had the chance.

Whoever decided to still keep that FREAKING palace trap from missin 3 for vergil's blade teleport was CRAZY.

INSANE.

CRAZY.

An hour wasted and I cant get through.

Yeah, TRAVERSAL is fun in this one :p

I never thought that part was all that hard. If you want we can share play and I can do it for you.

You don't need to let go R1, just hold it and mash square. As long as you've matched up the orbs you should be good to go.

Nemesis_

I jumped straight in as Lady and it's a very different experience to what I'm used to. It's actually much more challenging than I expected.

Leaving Vergil until last just because I don't want to drop this game any time soon and I know I won't if I've still got Vergil to play as.

Sectus

accessing debug mode again should be huge priority imo, love the features in it- especially the effective training mode you can activate by turning on infinite enemy health

in terms of pure hoping (that is, straight crazyland with no realistic expectation whatsoever), i'd love to see on-the-fly character switching/on-the-fly moveset switching for maximum possible ridiculous crazy shit

I think the debug menu might commented out in release builds of the game. I've tried to access the debug menu in other MT Framework games, but I've had no success. It's a shame as the debug menu is super useful.

Shit. I could help (software dev here looking to mess with video games).

However I bought the PS4 version. How easy was DMC4 to mod? If there's been stuff already done, I could double dip.

I'd say it's very moddable, but keep in mind there's no official tools. But we've got fan made tools for messing with many of the file formats (archives, textures, models), and there's lots of potential with messing with values in memory or the compiled code.

V_Arnold

I still cant do it. Maybe tomorrow. I do not remember having this much issue with it as Nero, but hey, maybe the timing is more important with this. Or I should turn off turbo?

Or better: sleep on it :p

7th behind giants like Batman, The Witcher 3, GTA5 and CS: GO, that is quite something. Technically nr. 6, considering two of those are Batman.

CURAYZEE.png~original

And like it was said the best seller are based on revenue not on individual sales, so considering it's a budget title the individual numbers may actually be better than some of those games

I still cant do it. Maybe tomorrow. I do not remember having this much issue with it as Nero, but hey, maybe the timing is more important with this. Or I should turn off turbo?

Turbo has given me problems in that section so it's probably that

Just make sure to turn on Turbo mode in the options. It's still tucked away in the game options setting. I really wished they'd take a cue from DmC:DE and put it all in the mission menu.

Yeah. Its in The system - options - gameplay options menu. It's super tucked away behind 3 walls.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I just did it with Turbo on the first try. I think you're trying to do too much. I don't even touch the stick when I do it. Just line yourself up and press the button in succession.

Here's a Vergil video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gGG4sMPAys

Just watched some competent Lady Bloody Palace footage and man, looks like she will be able to breeze through it.

Her damage output seems to be really good.

Between her Explosion Shot (You pretty much always want her pistols charged) and Trigger Happy, I haven't really had a need to use Kalina Ann, though I do use Rush Hour (The stinger-esque move with the Shotgun) to close some ground distance every now and then.

I can't wait to see what shenanigans people will find with her.

Sectus

Any chance this will unlock early on steam? I'm surprised the store page is showing the standard steam time when previous Capcom titles have been unlocking around 6am GMT.

It's unlikely, but possible. Xenoverse ended up unlocking several hours earlier than what was listed on the page. I don't know if that was just a charity gesture or a way to put a bandaid on the shitposting on the forum, but it did make everyone happy. I guess we'll find out in five hours since that's when the console versions are unlocking.

Top Bottom